U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 26th, 2022 7:39 PM

Closed

Turner Classis Movies

Are free Turner Classic Movies still offered On Demand?  I can no longer find the separate listing that used to be included under the "Networks" category.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I used TCM on demand last night and now it’s gone. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I lost TCM on demand. What happened to it?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_2b9cd4 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Do you receive an error or is just not available any longer? Do you have access to TCM on channel it is assigned to? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 years ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related. Thread moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_971d69! Thank you for reaching out to our community forum with your question. I realize how important it is to easily access your favorite networks. Networks periodically add and remove free listings from our On Demand platform. Are you still able to access the live Turner Classic Movies channel ok in the meantime?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

TCM on demand is now back up and running.  Not sure what the problem was.  Perhaps too many folks noticed. 

I have noticed a pattern lately of trying to steer users away from TCM.  For example, if the movie is available for streaming for free on other platforms, the other platform is shown as the default.  This is only one of the obstacles since TCM was discontinued as a free channel, and buried in a sports package.  If you want TCM, your are not even directed to that package as an option.  I found the package only through other sources online, not the Xfinity website.  I also spent a day with customer service getting this straightened out, and registering my protest of the way the switch was handled.  The company line was that Xfinity offers lots of other services with free movies.  TCM is unique, however, in that the content offered in addition to the movies is the primary reason to view TCM.

With so many streaming services, cable customers will go elsewhere if Xfinity fails to understand these nuances.  I'm on the verge myself.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@user_971d69​  I wonder if this TCM absence issue was only in certain areas.  I have TCM OnDemand and have always had it, never having it disappear. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here