CactusThorn's profile

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

Wednesday, April 26th, 2023 6:36 PM

Closed

On demand X1 upgrade question

In the past, I recall reading somewhere that X1 television requires an Xfinity internet subscription.

If that is the case, has this issue been fixed before forcing people to downgrade to X1?

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

No! It is still required. That leaves me with only Lagacy cable which looks like it is going obsolete. I have had DSL since it first came out for Internet broadband.  Never a problem using it. No way would I switch to Comcast Internet to get X1.

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

@MNtundraRET​ Xfinity Internet is no longer a requirement for X1.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

I have seen or heard nothing about that change. It would be helpful if change goes through.

(edited)

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

@jweaver0312​ We are being expected to upgrade from Legacy Service to X1 Service to keep our OnDemand.  I read your response above and want to clarify:  So upgrading to X1 Service for my cable will work okay with my AT&T Internet?  Everyone I have asked this question to at Xfinity gives me a different answer.  Most say they don't know and that I should just order the new X1 boxes and see if they work.  If not, bring them back.  I don't want to change my internet carrier to maintain my OnDemand Service.  Please advise.

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

@user_55b1b2​ It should not need to work with AT&T Internet.  Since cable never required internet, this forced change should not require ANY internet connection if they are being truthful (although, of course, they could use the either the internet or a private network through the cable wire in a manner "invisible" to the user, as long as they don't charge extra for it.)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

@jweaver0312 

The information they gave you was wrong. Jessie clarified the issue on 5/4/23. We now need a newer version on the Legacy Cable box for those of us using Internet from another company. I am still waiting to hear which one(s).

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here