Rosedale1's profile

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Monday, February 7th, 2022 3:40 PM

Closed

No On Demand Olympics for Non X1

Am I understanding correctly that Comcast is providing On Demand Olympic events to X1 Customers, only?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

2022 Olympic Winter Games

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

2 years ago

It wouldn't surprise me any.  We're good enough to get bills and pay them, but that's about it.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

2 years ago

Could someone from Comcast please advise us non X1 customers how to find and view the 2022 Olympic Events On Demand. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @Rosedale1, one of the best ways to get access to all the great content the 2022 Winter Olympics has to offer is through our X1 Platform service. In a majority of cases, there is usually no cost difference from our legacy hardware to our X1 Platform equipment. If you would like to communicate about upgrade paths, please let us know. 

Alternatively, you can access all the events through our Peacock application or Xfinity Stream application which is available on a variety of devices and Smart TVs. You can find at our Xfinity Customers Get Peacock Premium and information about our Xfinity Stream application by visiting our Xfinity Stream App Minimum System Requirements support page. 

When using a non-X1 Platform set-top box, are you able to access the OnDemand menu and search for "Winter Olympics" within the search bar to find results? Please let us know at your next available convenience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Unfortunately,  every time I attempt to access the on Demand menu I receive error message VM-16.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your OnDemand menu, @Rosedale1. I'd be happy to troubleshoot your current equipment and/or upgrade your services to include our latest and greatest X1 technology! Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? We can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct (private) Message":
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New Message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ Unless I am wrong, X1 requires that internet service be taken through Xfinity.  Also, I've seen it when a friend first got it using an SD television, and nearly everything was virtually impossible to read.  And the lack of certain features is very annoying (such as scrolling through the guide for just one channel), and its insistence of putting pictures up for lists (for example, "all HBO shows") makes it harder to find anything for some of us text-oriented folks.

You asked about searching.  Here's what I find in my legacy cable.

The top-level On Demand has only an entry for Tokyo Olympics.  Nothing comes up when it's accessed, not even a message that it's empty.

Nothing seems to show up in the individual networks (CNBC, NBC, USA Network) or in "Shows T-Z."

A search for "Winter Olympics" from the search bar/Search TV and On Demand" comes up with 316 matches; the On Demand ones (nearly all) seem to be 1-5 minutes, and many duplicated titles (e.g. about 40 are all "Figure Skating Winter Olympics") but no whole programs as aired.

Searching for just "Curling" produces 54 matches, all segments of a very few minutes, all titled "Curling Winter Olympics", tiny summaries of various matches, but no whole programs (which were about 2 hours).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here