U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023 2:55 AM

Closed

Cable works but not On Demand

For months now our cable has been OK but our On Demand service doesn't. Can't look up shows or movies. When I tried the troubleshooting it said our box was offline, but our cable is working so not sure how that could be

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_4b2a0b 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your questions here. We’re changing how we deliver our On Demand programming, allowing us to provide new features, capabilities, and long-term improvements in network efficiency. As we make these changes, however, customers with select TV Boxes will no longer be able to access their On Demand content, including Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) services. This change will impact all Video On Demand services. However, by upgrading your equipment you will be able to continue to receive all the On Demand content that is currently included in your television package. This information was shared with all impacted customers via email and billing messages over the last few months. 

You can initiate the television equipment swap here: https://www.xfinity.com/equipmentupdate

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need additional assistance. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

From your comments above, does this mean If I replaced my Cisco RNG150N legacy box the replacement X1 series box could be hooked up without connecting to the Internet? Would the replacement box have ON DEMAND similar to the Legacy Box? If so, this option would be acceptable.

Would the replacement box be able to connect to a non-Comcast Gateway for Internet access? I have a Zyxel  C3000Z gateway running on DSL through phone company. Has the proprietary coding been modified to allow this? This would be my preferred option. @XfinityJessie 

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@MNtundraRET​ 

To answer your questions, all X1 equipment does require access to the Internet to function. As for On Demand, the same content that is available On Demand on your legacy equipment will be the same as what is available on X1. However, the interface (UI) between the two types of equipment is different.  

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

Thank you for the reply. Do you know which Legacy Boxes will be able to replace mine?

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here