U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jul 1, 2021 1:37 PM

TV screen mysteriously blacks out at ~ 7:00 PM EDT once per week. Then TV Picture/sound spontaneously return after 45 minutes

My TV screen Picture+sound blacks out about once per week (at about 7:00PM EDT), and is unresponsive to any troubleshooting attempts (Re-Boots, etc.) 

Some of the Xfinity messages appearing on TV screen during this 'black-out period' may say: "We are currently loading your program guide .. ..", etc.

Such content may reappear three or more times: starting the 5 min. countdowns but never make it past 140 seconds. 

TV screen picture/sound then spontaneously return to apparent normal function after about 45 minutes. 

During these episodes the same (TV) program can be viewed OK via the 'Internet Monitor' screen. 

All connection (TV, Internet/computer) are hardwired. The Comcast Modem, etc. hardwired cable configurations have been maintained the same since 2014.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

205 Messages

3 m ago

Hey @user_c19bcf! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Forums Platform. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these constant issues, I am sure they are frustrating. I appreciate you providing the condition of your equipment.

It sounds like we may need to upgrade your equipment. Can you please send us a direct message?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 m ago

How do I send a Direct Message (per requested of Official Comcast Employee) since at step #3 the paper & pencil icon ("new message") is blocked

by a Red Circle with a slash thru it ?? Let me know, Thanks

dcfox

Contributor

• 

373 Messages

@user_c19bcf  Were you logged in when you tried it.

Official Employee

• 

386 Messages

@user_c19bcf, thank you for taking the time to try and send that private message to us, we're definitely still in your corner on this. Are you able to try to send us a message through a different device or browser? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes, I was logged in and all.

I can Copy & Paste the pertinent message & send it thru Comcast e-mail (via Google Chrome)  but don't have knowledge of a corresponding "Comcast employee" reception e-mail address  (Guess I am limited to getting the "imbedded icons" to work ( ?)

What follows is the content of the attempted Message:  

My Samsung Smart TV screen Picture+sound blacks out about once per week (at about 7:00 PM EDT),  and is unresponsive to any troubleshooting attempts (Re-Booting, etc.). Some of the Xfinity messages appearing on TV screen during this 'black-out period' may say:

"We are currently loading your program guide .. ..", etc. Such content may reappear three or more times. The 5 min. countdowns re-start several times but never make it past 140 seconds.  TV screen picture/sound then spontaneously return to apparent normal function after about 45 minutes. During these episodes the same (live TV) program can be seemingly viewed OK via a Dell desktop computer monitor. 

All connection (TV: Voice; Internet) are hardwired. The specific Xfinity TV Box, Xfinity Modem, etc. have hardwired cable configurations. The hardware is from the original Comcast installation.

Addendum: In addition to the above (and occurring within the last year), The Live TV broadcast picture+sound  (ABC, CBS, NBC) may “Freeze” for up to a minute during the same time period as above. Also, when attempting to use the “On Demand” feature on the Xfinity Remote,  the TV picture+sound  will star pixilating/degrading after about 15 minutes, thus, making the program unwatchable.  When accessing ‘previously broadcast programs’ via the Internet, the picture+sound will ”freeze” after about 20 minutes, and needs to be repeatedly “re-clicked” in order to re-start the streaming.

Any suggestions ??   

Official Employee

• 

386 Messages

@user_c19bcf, thank you for taking the time to be so detailed in your messages, it helps a ton to get us on the same page. I also appreciate the fact you've been working on this for some time, and so I can only imagine how you feel about this constant blackout. If I was in your shoes I would be wanting a permanent fix, and I'm with you until we find a solution. I'd like to run some targeted troubleshooting steps, but we'll need to start a private chat through this platform to do so. Are you able to clear your cache/cookies to see if that allows you to send a private message? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here