U

Friday, April 26th, 2024 2:59 AM

Toshiba TV, Xfinity remote won't turn TV on but all other remote functions operate normally.

I have had two different boxes with Xfinity.  Tech was here today and swapped the boxes.  With both boxes, and different remotes, the issue is still the same.  I have to use the TV remote to turn on the TV.  Then the Xfinity remote will work normally to change the channels, change the volume, bring up the menu and even turn off the TV.  I can then turn the TV back on with the Xfinity remote but if it sits for a time period like 5 minutes, the Xfinity remote's power button will not turn on the TV.  I have to use the TV remote to turn the TV on.  Repeat cycle.  

I've cycled through many of the codes that Xfinity provides and all of them produce the same outcome.  

Official Employee

• 

549 Messages

23 days ago

user_28dvp3 This isn't the experience we want any customer to have, but we can help get another technician scheduled since one has been out already.  To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

Thanks. I'll try to schedule one out. However, I had multiple emails, texts and phone calls trying to get out of the original tech appointment. They said it was resolved on their end but it wasn't. I hope to not have those same communications for this situation. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I also have a Toshiba Fire TV that no matter how many times I pair the Xfinity remote, it works to control everything including turning the TV off and on, until the TV is left off for 15 to 20 minutes, then it will no longer turn the TV on. If I use the Toshiba remote to turn on the TV, the Xfinity remote will work fine again, until I leave the TV off for another 15 to 20 minutes, then it no longer turns it on again.  There is something the TV is doing to completely power down after 15 to 20 minutes to the point the IR signal from the Xfinity remote is not recognized but the IR from the Toshiba remote is able to bring it out of. There is not much in the way of a settings menu for the Toshiba TV to make any changes in so I'm stuck with not being able to turn the TV on after its been off for awhile other than to find the Toshiba remote and turn it on again. It's a pain but at least once I do, the Xfinity remote works find again and I can turn it off and on as needed as long as I don't wait to long before turning it on again.  Very weird problem that I believe many are having, but Xfinity is not understanding what we are trying to tell them.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here