M

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 1:23 AM

TiVo D261 error, with Ultimate TV package, can’t see most channels

I saw this discussion and it fits my situation: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/tivo-cablecards-channels-i-am-paying-for-and-cannot-receive/63ed531e65f3ed11c94ecda4

I have a TiVo with a CableCard. The TiVo is active on the TiVo service, and I have the Ultimate TV package from Comcast, so I **should** be able to see all the channels, but Instead I get the message: Channel temporarily unavailable. Contact your provide for more information. D261. 
Please advise. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

348 Messages

10 days ago

@mundaneum Indeed, the package you have grants you access to view and enjoy all the channels anytime anywhere. The device you have is not capable of translating the IP channels though, which many premium channels are nowadays. While you have access to all the linear channels on your cable card, any IP or internet based channels will not show up on it. For those, an X1 box is the best device but not required, as you can always access the content on the Stream app. That allows you to watch the content on the go, or cast it to any device in the home in order to enjoy it on the big screen. That is also a great way to enjoy the internet based channels. This is listed on our FAQ here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/about-cablecards. 

2 Messages

So disappointing. There are so many TiVo features you can’t get in streaming apps. The TiVo remote control alone is the reason I won’t get (rent!!!) the Xfinity-provided equipment. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

mundaneum, I certainly love that Xfinity gives our customers a ton of flexibility with using their own equipment, and I'm happy to hear TiVo has features you enjoy. I know this wasn't the news you wanted, but we always want to be transparent. Did you have any other service questions or concerns that I could help with? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here