U

Saturday, April 6th, 2024 10:00 PM

“Set Close Game Alerts” Alert

Every time I open sports app on cable box I get “Set close game alerts in the Sports Zone app” and I have to say “Got it”. Why? It’s annoying.

Official Employee

• 

942 Messages

1 month ago

Hello @user_u50zmw, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Have you had the chance to visit our Access and watch games on the X1 Sports Zone app support page that has instructions for 'Manage your X1 Sports Zone app notification settings' that may assist? 

1 Message

That did not help.  I have turned off all notifications and it still pops up asking to “…set close game alerts in the Sports Zone app”

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

user_lnc0dc, thanks for confirming you tried turning off all notifications. Have you made any attempt to reset the power for the cable box since this began? If not, I would recommend trying that out.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

11 days ago

Mine does the same.  It drives me crazy.  I’ve reset and turned off notifications to no avail.  I don’t even want to use this feature anymore. 

1 Message

11 days ago

Same issue here, started roughly a month ago 

Official Employee

• 

502 Messages

user_fi6whb thank you for reaching out, I would be happy to assist you with this issue. Does it remain ongoing for you?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

yes this is still happening i have turned off all notifications and even set a close game alert and it still happens

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Hello @@user_l0jhyi I'm sorry to hear your notifications are still appearing for the sports app after turning it off. I have a few steps I would like to try to resolve this for you. Can you toggle the notifications for the sports app to on then turn them off and restart your cable box for us and check for us. As a reference I have the link for teh sports zone settings here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-sports-app-watch-games/ 

Also under notifications for Xfinity Tv if it's on you'll continue to receive some notifications about sports as well. You may turn this feature off, and it should stop all sports notifications from coming through. 

1 Message

8 days ago

I stopped seeing the message after I chose to get close game alerts for a game.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

515 Messages

Hey there, user_pqli3a! Thank you so much for sharing your workaround for the notifications/alerts and how to clear them! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here