RiversideRepeat's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Friday, May 14th, 2021 6:59 PM

Closed

Roku app aspect ratio is suddenly wrong on ALL live channels! What happened?

I’ve been using the Xfinity app for over a year now and suddenly all live channels are letterboxed. 

Anything picked from the search menu plays in full aspect ratio.

I know this has nothing to do with what I pay for, because I still have the Xfinity satellite box and nothing has changed with that. What the heck did they do to the Roku app? 🤨

(Previously I had mentioned channels missing. That can be disregarded.)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and Happy Sunday, ! I hope you’re having a great weekend! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs! Going forward, I'm truly sorry to hear about the aspect ratio issues you're having on the Roku Stream app! I know situations like this can be frustrating and we'd love to help! To confirm, have you already tried deleting and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku device by chance? Also, what is the exact model of your Roku TV? Thanks so much again for bearing with us! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Reinstalling did not help. It is a Roku Ultra. It got nearly all channels in full screen until about a week or so ago. Seems to have happened at the same time that higher numbered channels were removed. 

Shows that play in letterbox on live channels play in full screen when browsed or searched.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

Ok, shoot, I'm very sorry that the reinstallation process did not help and also appreciate these further details. To confirm, did you recently make any changes to your cable plan over the last few weeks by chance? Also, what firmware version do you have installed on your Roku Ultra? You may want to manually check for updates to ensure that you're using the latest version:

1. Press the Home button. on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update. ...
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Roku is up to date. 😕

No changes made to the Comcast plan. 😕

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

Ok, I appreciate these details once again and also apologize for the frustrations here. At this point, I'd like to take a closer look from the backend and see what additional tools/resources we can apply to help resolve the ratio issues on your live channels going forward. To get the ball rolling on this process, please send us a private chat message by selecting the “chat” icon on the top right side of our page and then using our singular Xfinity Support handle (not an agent name) to get started. Once you have started a chat message, please provide your name and service address as it appears on your monthly billing statements. Thanks again for both your time and patience!

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

“our Singular Xfinity support handle” ?

No idea what that means. 😶

Do you mean forum username?

(edited)

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

using your roku TV remote reset the TV to factory 'new'. does the roku work normally now?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here