U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 30th, 2022 5:35 PM

Closed

Motorola box light

Hello, does anyone know what this light is for ? And how to get it to turn off?  I have a feeling it has something to do with connecting to the Xfinity online system, as I can no longer control this box on my Xfinity app.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

2 years ago

Good Morning! Thank you for reaching out to our team via our very own Xfinity Community!
I can most certainly understand wanting to find out what any mysterious illuminated lights mean! 
Using the following link, you can check out our online User guides and downloadable Quick Start manuals for our TV Boxes!

https://comca.st/3KBEITL

It's hard to tell for certain which device specifically this is in the image above for certain. Can you please tell me the model printed on the label? I believe this to be one of our Motorola DVR devices but don't want to provide any incorrect information! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityChelseaA​ Thank you for your response. The box model # is Motorola RNG200N. Thank you for any information you can give me. The light looks like a house with an arrow going around it. 

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Thanks for the response. BruceW was kind enough to provide some information from the user manual for the box. However, that won't fix any connection issue you are having with controlling the box from the app. I'd be happy to troubleshoot this further with you. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 years ago

... does anyone know what this light is for ? ...

The RNG200N manual has the following:

Front Panel Format Button
The Format button located on the front panel of the RNG200N set-top allows you to
quickly change the video output format used by the Component Video (YPbPr) and HDMI
outputs. The RNG200N set-top is capable of providing the following video formats on the
YPbPr and HDMI video outputs:
High Definition 1080i (1920 x 1080 pixels)
High Definition 720p (1280 x 720 pixels)
Enhanced Definition 480p (720 x 480 pixels)
Standard Definition 480i (720 x 480 pixels)
The RNG200N set-top is also capable of passing through High-Definition 1080p 24/30/60
(1920 x 1080 pixels) source content over the HDMI video output.
The Format button is intended to allow you to select a video output format that is
compatible with a connected display device. Some televisions may not support all four
video formats listed above. The Format button provides an easy method for selecting an
output format that is compatible with your television.

and:

Video Format Indicators (Front Panel Display)
The front panel display of the RNG200N set-top is equipped with indicators to the right
hand side of the display that are used to indicate the currently-selected video output
format on the component video (YPbPr) and HDMI outputs. As the Format button is
depressed, the front panel format indicators will change to illuminate the currently
selected video output format in use by the RNG set-top.

(from https://secure.xfinity.com/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/settopboxes/HOW3297_MOTOROLA_RNG200N_USER_GUIDE.PDF)

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@BruceW​ thank you for your response. I don’t see anywhere in your response that addresses the light I’m concerned about. If I missed it could you let me know. Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for reaching back out regarding that light on your cable box. How long has this light been on? Are you having issues with your connection?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here