U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 28, 2022 4:39 PM

How do I update Samsung?

Every time we first turn on the TV, it tells us that Samsung needs an update.  It has been doing that for a while now with no problems.  Now we are having trouble with the picture action stopping and then starting.  Also, the picture is ghosting and making people look like they are pixelated.   Our tv is set up to run through the Comcast cable box, not through Samsung.  

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

2 m ago

Hello! Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ Hi, I am not finding the bell or the chat icon.  Thanks, Rosemary

Official Employee

• 

257 Messages

Have you checked to make sure that you are signed in on the Forums page first? I know it will not appear until you are signed in, which will show your user icon on the top right of the page as well. 

Just to clarify your post, have you been able to check in the settings on your TV for any updates there? Our cable box will not provide a prompt if there is an update available for your TV. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

5.2K Messages

2 m ago

Check your Samsung TV's manual.  Use your Samsung remote to go to the main menu.  The update function is found under the "Support" sub menu.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here