user_n93el1's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Monday, April 25th, 2022 2:21 AM

Closed

DVR recording old episodes as if new

OK, this has been going on for a while now, while is the DVR recording older shows and seasons as if they're new, it's making ZERO sense at all as to why it's doing this. Is there like a bug in the system causing this, if so when might this be fixed? Because this problem ends up getting rid of shows that I've yet to watch, so this needs to be fixed.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, there @user_n93el1 thank you so much for reaching out for help with your DVR recording old episodes as new. That would be frustrating if it was erasing episodes I needed to watch still so I appreciate the chance to help! 

There are a few things to check to make sure you have the best settings for your recordings. If it is a show that may air on more than one channel you may need to make sure under the show recording options you are set to your preferred channel only. As well as make sure you are set to new episodes only. There is also a keep setting that I like to set to All episodes to make sure I do not lose a show I am currently watching! You can check all those options out just by hitting the recorded button or by hitting the info button on the remote and then recording from the options listed for that show. 

I also recommend that this show was set to record a long time ago to make sure it is still one of your top priorities to avoid any missed episodes. https://comca.st/39lgX5q

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

I too am experiencing the recording of old episodes. I have the DVR set for new episodes only and only set for the original network. With one program it even jumps and records from another network. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_7a91f7, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that recording issue. I'm always recording stuff to watch on my weekends, so I can see how annoying it would be to have all that clutter to sift through. Have you by chance done a DVR sync to see if that clears this issue? You would just navigate to your settings, then device settings, and then scroll to the bottom for the DVR sync option. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here