GeneLa56's profile

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

Friday, June 28th, 2024 9:47 PM

Change language on channel name with Xfinity basic cable

Asking for a friend:  she has the "basic" Xfinity cable, just the local stations with a couple of others.  Has the old DTA Remote (see attachment).  Standard definition TV.  When she changes channels, the channel description flashes for a few seconds and the displayed language is Spanish, not the desire language, English.  On the remote, there is a language button but it has no effect , period.  Press it and nothing happens.  How does she change the language from Spanish to English on the channel description?  The spoken language on the channels is English.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 months ago

Does https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/dta-on-screen-guide help?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 months ago

... there is a language button but it has no effect ...

Note that the manual for that remote ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/pdfs/remotes/digital_adapter_remote.pdf ) says this about the LANG button:

Use LANG to switch between English and Spanish audio options on the DTA receiver

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

4 months ago

BruceW:  Thank you for the link.  I hope this will solve the problem.  We had no idea how to access all these settings. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @GeneLa56,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out via our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. I see that one of our Forums Experts @BruceW was able to provide you with our 'How To Use Your TV Adapter’s On-Screen Guide' support page. You should be able to follow the directions under the "Guide Setup" section to change the guide language to English. Please let us know if this works for you! We hope to hear from you soon.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here