puttster's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 2:27 AM

cable card won't work

Last week my Tivo live TV (Comcast) went out. The signals are fine, they are just not getting to the Tivo. The tech at the cable card department tried to reset the cable card but in the end sent me a new card. Meanwhile I got live TV several times for several hours. 

The new card arrived and the tech did something and suddenly live TV was back!  Unfortunately I had not put the new card in.  So I did that and went through an hour of Tivo bootings until finally it was ready to be paired.  I called and got a new tech, who sent signals three times but none worked.  Interestingly, he said the card was getting paired but it looked like something else failed, which he said was common enough that customers were being sent several cards to increase their chances of getting a good one. So he is sending me two more cards. <sigh>. He did suggest that I take the card from our other Tivo, and since we know that it is working, and install it in the problem one, then call and see if it can be paired. IDK what that would accomplish except possibly kill our remaining good Tivo.

The trouble is, it takes a very  long time to get from the "Hello, this is Comcast," to the right department and then it is an hour giving the card info to the tech and watching the card install.  Then another very long time to get the right department again and a half hour while the new tech tries to get it working.   This to find out the card failed and... shall we try another? 

I have the feeling that some techs know what they are doing and many others are just following some script that does not work.  How can I get a smart one? I read here some folks got techs to come out to their house and install, how can I get one of those? The method I am using now is killing me!

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hey there, puttster, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your cable card concerns. We would be happy to take a look at your account and help with troubleshooting. We definitely want to ensure you are able to enjoy your live TV.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Okay, thanks.  I sent this msg using your instructions, hoping this is not a scam of some kind and something good really happens.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@puttster 

We haven't received the DM from you yet

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I notice under the message I sent was "Couldn't send" in red.  Maybe there is a character limit?  I just now tried a shorter one.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Well, I got in but the extension "Pat" texted me didn't work. So I went the long route and finally, after another 1-2 hours of effort my (4th? 5th?) tech "Paul" gave up and opened a ticket [Edited: Personal Information] for the "Advanced" team to follow up.  This morning I rc'd notification that the ticket had been closed.  So opened TIVO to live TV... but <sigh>  there was the same ole, same ole error code, V58.   

$155 a month for cable TV that no one can make work.  grrr

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here