rbermudes's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 9, 2021 5:00 PM

Activating Cable Box

I'm attempting to activate 2 cable boxes I received since I recently changed my plan. In order to activate them, I need to go to xfinity.com/activate but get sent to the Xfinity app download page. I tried calling but it hasn't helped either. How do I activate the cables boxes?

Responses

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.3K Messages

5 m ago

@rbermudes wrote:

I'm attempting to activate 2 cable boxes I received since I recently changed my plan. In order to activate them, I need to go to xfinity.com/activate but get sent to the Xfinity app download page. I tried calling but it hasn't helped either. How do I activate the cables boxes?

It take about an hour after getting home before trying to activate a new box.

If you call: 1-800-XFINTY, there should be a option to pick "Activate cable-box".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

5 m ago

Good afternoon and happy Wednesday, rbermudes. We appreciate you joining us here in the Communoty!

A lot of the time, activation of cable boxes is "plug and play" where once you connect it and follow the on-screen prompts, it should self-activate. The Xfinity app is a great tool that can be used to self-activate your equipment as well, but we understand if it's not a preferable option for you. Following up on your post here and since some time has passed, I wanted to check in and see how things are going now. Did everything turn out OK, are you liking the new boxes? Let us know. Thanks. 🙂

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here