ellemike's profile

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, January 30th, 2024 2:34 PM

Closed

phone not connected to network

Over the past several weeks I try to make a call and get the same message "Your phone is not registered on a network so yo can only make emergency calls".  I have to restart my phone each time this happens. The bigger problem is if someone is trying to call or message me and I'm unaware the problem exists. I've been told it goes directly into voicemail .

I have the Network Operators set to Select Automatically which it has always been since I got my Samsung s23. I recently change it to Xfinity Network Operators. Should I leave setting on Select Automatically or Xfinity Network Operators?

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? 

Thanks

1 Message

5 months ago

Yes, I keep having the same problem. If you turn on airplane mode for a minute, then turn it off it reconnects as well. Don't know why it keeps happening.

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

@user_jr6k3k​ Thanks. I'll try this next time.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Still having this issues and have done all the above. About ready to cancel everything as this is completely unacceptable 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Our Digital Care Team can help, user_84896b. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

We are both losing service intermittently. It may be fine for days or hours. Then you may miss a very important call. I recently moved and will be ending my 20+ year loyalty to Comcast/Xfinity. It's impossible to talk with anyone on the phone. Their entire ploy is to be unreachable. I'm sick to death of it. It's worth paying any penalties to get out. Xfinity mobile service is causing problems in people's lives. We have all grown to depend on the fact that we have service, when we have paid for service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience, user_6b5c4d. This is not how we would like you to feel. We'd like to help with any service concerns. What specific issues are you experiencing?  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have S24 and have the same problem.  I had the same problem with my S23.  There is no permanent resolution it seems.  These complaints and comments have been going on for a long time and still no fix from Xfinity Mobile.  Each morning I check to see if I'm connected to the cell network by checking voice mail -- usually not connected!  So, I perform the routine -- airplane mode on then off -- service is restored.  No one at Xfinity seems to know anything;  they just try "stuff!"

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello wacrawfordjr. Please reach out to Samsung for troubleshooting this device as it may be something with the phone's hardware.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

What a cop out. Asking each time can I help but have nothing concrete to help or a solution that works.
I recently bought A15 from Xfinity Mobile. After a month of working last 3 days I have the same

error "Not registered on the network"
So far I am yet to see any Xfinity professional giving a solution.

1 Message

4 months ago

I have the exact same issue. Never ever had a problem with our cell phones until we switched to Xfinity now our phones won't call out and no one can call us. It's both my phone and my husband's phone. I'm ready to get rid of Xfinity over the issue. 

1 Message

4 months ago

I’m having the same issue since last night. And unable to have it fix via chat since I don’t have a additional phone at this moment . 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, user_upwqo9, and other readers. The not registered on a network error indicates your phone sim card might have an issue.

A few troubleshooting steps that may help are:

- Restarting your device, and also checking for any updates

- Toggle the Wi-Fi off for 30 seconds, then turn it back on once more

- clean and reinsert your nanoSIM card while checking for damage and/or using a different sim

Our team can help troubleshoot too. Can you please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”? To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

4 months ago

This is becoming increasingly annoying. My job has me traveling around a lot and I have a 2 year old son that I need to get in contact with when he is sick. I CONSTANTLY have been losing connection even urban cities. It is too a point were I can't even make calls inside my own house, unless I activate wifi calling. This issue has been going on and I have tried switching to airplane mode, I have made three trips to the xfinity store and they have swapped out the sim cards. Yet, none of this has improved my service. It has me thinking about switching to a different carrier. I like Xfinity, I have their cable and internet service. I can't take not being able to make calls and resorting to tips and tricks just to open an app. This problem started back in December I was hoping that it would resolve itself. Anyone know anything that is a permanent solution to this or should I just look for another mobile provider.

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

user_20xvt3 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

i have had the same problem off and on for most of 2024 so far! my phone will not be connected to the mobile network randomly and i dont realize im missing texts and calls until i try to call someone.  restarting it helps... turning off the wifi helps... but this is ridiculous.  Now to make matters worse, my elderly mothers cellphone started to do the same thing over the last month.  I was not able to call her Wednesday or Thursday night this week alone to check on her... she has a samsung s9 and i have a samsung s21 and we're both on my account.  I had switched to xfinity a handful of years ago to save money over verizon but it no longer seems worth it if i cant communicate with my loved ones.  And yes ive driven to the xfinity store in person for help, they had no answers.  they put a new sim card in one of them and it didnt work.  i dont have the time in the day to try to troubleshoot Xfinity's problem.  It sounds like a lot of people on this thread have done the same.  Verizon here i come i guess...

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_u88y2j, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your issues with Xfinity Mobile. We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer and I completely understand how important it is to have a phone working to speak with your loved ones. You have reached the right place, and we would love to help with troubleshooting.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

1 Message

2 months ago

Yes, I'm getting the same thing and xfinity has no clue in how to assist me; so frustrating, ugh!

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hi there, @user_7mrv4s! Are you still having this issue? If so, have you reached out to Samsung at all?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here