Chrissy15221's profile

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

Wednesday, February 15th, 2023 3:11 AM

Closed

User profile edit

👤 Due to the hacker in December , I changed my password and Username (email address)  .  How do I change it in my profile so that I receive notifications from the community  ?  

Christine 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@Chrissy15221,

Thank you for posting your question here and we apologize you had issues with your email. Due to Comcast Single Sign-On (SSO) login process, we are unable to modify any forum profile to change the associated email. Our suggestion is to set up a forward on emails going to the old email address to go to the new address. Otherwise, you other option is to set up a brand new forum profile with that new email address. Please keep in mind, the new email address must be tied to your Comcast account otherwise you will not be able to access this forum, again due to Comcast SSO. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@Chrissy15221 

We are happy to change your Xfinity Forum username to something of your choosing that does not violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines or our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. Unfortunately, as mentioned previously, due to the Xfinity Forum's SSO policy, we are unable to change your login email address. If you need to use another email address to login to the Xfinity Forum or receive forum notifications, you will need to add that email to your Comcast account as a preferred contact email, then you can use it to register for a new Xfinity Forum profile. 

Please let us know if you have any questions about this or need additional assistance. 

Additionally, we ask that you please refrain from posting about the same concern on multiple threads. This duplicate posting is considered a violation of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. We ask that you please review those documents thoroughly as continued violations to those posted guidelines could result in a user's revocation of their Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Please remember, ​by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those documents as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. 

This comment was created from this reply

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

1 year ago

The new email address is tied to my Comcast account , it's my Xfinity ID and new email address .  
There won't be any forwarding , the old address is gone  .

I will think about setting up a new forum profile at a later time .

I read about Comcast Single Sign-On (SSO)   …   I'm under the impression that this login process makes your job easier , and adds convenience for me ?  

I don't understand all of the tech specs  though  … 

https://authdigital.com/comcast-single-sign-on

🤷‍♀️

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

1 year ago

📧   I had to change my email address , it needs to be changed in my profile .

The edit doesn't allow me to do so ~ it's dimmed .

I had asked once before but was told that it couldn't be done … I would have to re-join and start over again  .  I'm having difficulty believing that this is the correct answer , surely something so simple could be changed  ?   I certainly hope so because I'm not receiving any emails from this community , hence I don't know what's going on . 🤷‍♀️

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Community Profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Chrissy15221 

We are happy to change your Xfinity Forum username to something of your choosing that does not violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines or our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. Unfortunately, as mentioned previously, due to the Xfinity Forum's SSO policy, we are unable to change your login email address. If you need to use another email address to login to the Xfinity Forum or receive forum notifications, you will need to add that email to your Comcast account as a preferred contact email, then you can use it to register for a new Xfinity Forum profile. 

Please let us know if you have any questions about this or need additional assistance. 

Additionally, we ask that you please refrain from posting about the same concern on multiple threads. This duplicate posting is considered a violation of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. We ask that you please review those documents thoroughly as continued violations to those posted guidelines could result in a user's revocation of their Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Please remember, ​by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those documents as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. 

(edited)

This reply has been converted into a comment

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

1 year ago

In the communication preferences , there is a box to check ✅ for viewing messages on the platform … I can just check there , yes ?   

Are messages and notifications the same ? 

I'm not upsetting my entire Xfinity / Comcast account because of this forum  . 

Forwarding would bring me the same hacking & spam  , I'm not giving fraudsters the path to my new address .

I posted more than once because I figured if a stranger could change my email address and password , that an Xfinity employee certainly could  . 

I apologize for being in violation of the guidelines . 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Chrissy15221​ 

I believe you are referring to the Notification Preferences on your Xfinity Forum profile. When on that page, you will notice options to turn on/off in-forum (via the bell icon) and email notifications for a number of different actions within the forum (see image). Feel free to turn those on and off as you see fit depending on your need. 

As for setting up a new profile in the Xfinity Forum. If you decide you would like to set up a new forum profile it will have zero impact to your current Comcast login credentials or profile. Essentially it would be like adding another user to your profile and setting up a comcast.net email for that profile to use. You can then use that new comcast.net email to register and login to the Xfinity Forum, leaving the original profile completely untouched. Additional information on how to set up another profile and comcast.net email can be found in the information below. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here