rufus97's profile

Contributor

• 

111 Messages

Monday, February 27th, 2023 8:51 PM

Closed

My post on February 25

I did a post Saturday 2/25 regarding on-demand problems,  I received a few "Likes" and also a message from "XfinityJessie".  If I try to read Jessie's message, I get a 404.  Also, it appears my post was deleted.  What's up?

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

@rufus97 

We apologize you had one of your posts removed. Any time a post is removed in our forum it is due to a Xfinity Forum Guideline or Acceptable Use Policy violation (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028 and here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379). We ask that you please review those documents thoroughly as continued violations could result in a revocation of a user's Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Please remember, by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community.

Like with this topic, you authored 2 nearly identical posts on the same issue. Although you may have used different words to describe your concern, the details and the issue you were describing was almost exactly the same. You can find your original post on the topic of OnDemand pricing, where our team is already actively engaging with you here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/on-demand/ondemand-now-charging-for-new-seasons-or-episodes/63e1510bd9aa6753d37b0195. You will notice any duplicate posts authored by you or any other user, removed. We ask that if you have additional information to share on a topic, instead of starting a new thread, to navigate to your original thread on the topic and share your new information there. By creating multiple posts on the same topic you are inadvertently created issues with our engagement tool and slowness in our team's ability to respond to you. Again, this is why we have a policy requesting users to please refrain from duplicate posting. 

We hope this addresses your concerns. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

111 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ 

Thank you for replying.  How exactly did I violate the Guidelines?  You say you deleted my 2/25 post because it was nearly identical to my other posts with almost exact same details and issues.  This is partially true.  However, my other posts were merely my replies to the two answers I received from Xfinity that I disagreed with, not duplicates  Since I did not receive any additional replies from them, I decided to do another post.  My 2/25 post was certainly not a duplicate.  It contained additional information, and stated my opinion on the Networks' decisions on what to include in On-Demand, and how sloppy a lot of it is  You state that the Team is actively engaging on these issues.  That's good.  However, neither of the Team Members who replied to my previous posts asked what specific shows I was referring to.   The problems still exist.  Unfortunately, I did not know to put my 2/25 post with the previous posts.  Now I do.  Perhaps it would have been helpful if you had not deleted my 2/25 post, but had advised me what I should have done.   Fortunately, one of the other customers who gave me a "like" included my post in their message, so I still have my post.  So, if I go back to my original post and put the 2/25 post there, are you going to delete it again?  And then will I be accused of continued violations, and you'll remove this 40+ year customer from the Forum?  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@rufus97

Posting to the original thread of yours is fine. That wouldn't fall under the same rule as you are not starting a new discussion, but continuing the one you already had going. Hope this information helps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

111 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ 

Guess I can do that, but still doesn't answer what guideline I supposedly violated.  The 2/25 post was not a duplicate.  It was similar, but quite different.  Unfortunately, I suspect that if I repeat my deleted 2/25 post with my original thread, it will get deleted again, for different reasons other than supposedly being duplicate.  I don't think there was a justifiable reason for deleting it.  Yes, I was starting a new discussion regarding the what we're told the Networks can do regarding On-Demand, since Xfinity didn't reply to my comments to their responses.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@rufus97 

As mentioned by myself and XfinityEricB, you are welcome to reply to your original post on the topic of OnDemand pricing. Our team will see your reply and will continue to work with you on that thread. We just ask that you please refrain from starting multiple threads on the same topic, even if you are adding additional details. Those additional details can be shared on the original thread on the topic. 

If you are looking for information on the specific guideline information on duplicate posts, please see below. 

From our Xfinity Forum Guidelines:

"Help us stay spam free - The Xfinity Help Forums are not to be used for trading/swapping, selling or advertising non-Comcast products, services, petitions, or other online venues. This includes soliciting others to participate in any type of specific action and authoring multiple posts about the same topic."

From our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy:

"Duplicate or excessively repeated submissions in one or more areas and/or circumventing Xfinity Forum user bans will result in immediate permanent banning from the forum site."

Again, we hope this answers your questions, please let us know if you have any others. 

Contributor

• 

111 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ 

How do I add to my original post?  I went to it but do not see anything like "reply".  Thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here