Terry0327's profile

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

Saturday, August 14th, 2021 12:05 PM

Closed

Login to the Forum

If I try to login to the Xfinity Forum I get a page that already has my name and email address and Old Forum name. When I check the Agree to Terms box I get an error message that "Email Already Exist Please Use a Different Email Address. Then I am stuck on that page no matter what I do. I cleared my computer and no change. For the first time I am able to get to this page. If I click to sign in I go to the sign in page I mentioned above.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

**Update 09/09/2021**

All,

Our vendor has identified the issue and are working on putting a permanent fix in place by next Friday, 09/17/2021. In the meantime, if you would like to direct message me with the username you are trying to gain access to and the associated email. Thank in advance for your continued patience as we work to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

**Original Message 09/02/2021**

All, 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. We have spoke with our forum platform vendor and this does appear to be a known issue. They mentioned they are working on a permanent fix and hope to have it implemented soon. We ask that you please test again after Labor Day (Monday, 09/06/2021).

We appreciate your patience as we work to have this completely resolved as soon as possible and with all your help at getting this identified. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Greetings, @Terry0327! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your login, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Are you currently signed in with your correct and/or preferred email address, or were you wanting to sign in here with a different email address?

Have you tried using an incognito browser? That usually bypasses all the cache errors, so your old login details won't appear in the sign in fields.

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

3 years ago

Still cannot sign in to the Forun.. If I try to Login in it takes me to a Registration Page and will not allow me past that. My account needs to be reset.

For some reason it allows me to post every now and then. Its the same thing of 4 different computers in my house.

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to sign into the Forums, @Terry0327! From the original post, I just want to clarify something; is this username that you're currently using the one that you want to be signed in under? 

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

Yes, Terry0327. This is my 3rd attempt to post this. It allows me to post every now and then.

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

Sometime I can post but can never login. It always takes to the registration page and stops there.

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

Nothing works for me either.  Seems like someone at Xfinity could reset the user name. Mine does the same thing on all computers in my home. Four of them.

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

When I talk to Xfinity they want me to clear my history and cashe.  However it’s on all my IPads and IPhone plus laptop. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@Terry0327 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing when attempting to log into the Xfinity Forum. After initially accessing the Xfinity Forum, to sign into your current 'Terry0327' profile you will need to click the Sign In option in the upper right corner of the screen. 

Media preview

From there you will see a Comcast Single-Sign On login screen.
Media preview

You will need to use the email and password that you have associated with this profile. Once entered click the Sign In option. Since your profile is clearly active it should take you back to the forum and you will be logged into your 'Terry0327' profile. Unfortunately, if you have a Pop-Up Blocker or any other feature that prevents this login screen from displaying you could trigger a forum registration page instead. On that page you will see options to choose a username and agree to our forum guidelines.

If this is what you are seeing, please check to see if your pop-up blockers are disabled. If after disabling any pop-up blocker you are still experiencing issues, please send me a direct message and we can investigate further. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

(first time visiting since before the major website redesign) 

..how do I change the email back to my preferred AOL one?? 

At least my username is still intact, tho my activity is sparse. 

The issue is on the "Profile Settings" page, [email] is greyed out. 

Am I stuck with the comcastnet email on this forums acct forever? 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Forums: forced to reregister with comcastnet email..

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@SimbiAni 

We sincerely appreciate you posting your question and apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. If your aol email is associated with your active account, you should be able to access that account when clicking the “Sign In” option in the Xfinity Forum. If that email is associate with an old/in-active account you will not be able to use it to access the forum. If you do not remember your password associated with that email when attempting to login to the forum, you will need to use the “Forgot Password” option when you see the login screen.

If you are still having issues accessing the other profile feel free to share that username and we will do all we can to investigate further.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Nothing is old or inactive, this username last had activity on it back in January. My preferred email was working with it then. 

But returning now, there were no options at all to sign-in with only a regular email & password, it just went straight to Xfinity itself to login with an ~Xfinity acct. Literally - clicking on the "sign in" link popped open a window to log into Xfinity's website first.

So I had to login with my main acct to get back to my original username. But then it was nagging me to "register" & the email box was always greyed out & filled with my comcastnet email. I just don't use that for anything (nice to have as a backup "just in case" tho) so I want this acct to use my AOL one instead. It's also marked as my preferred email for the Xfinity acct too, so it's weird that the forums' email infoboxes are fully locked & not changeable here. Shdnt the forums ~match the acct's preferred email address?? 

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Thank you for the clarification in sharing these details with me. Have you tried clearing your cache or trying a different browser? 

If none of these steps work, you can send me a direct message and we can look into it together.

To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

screencap of the greyed-out issue:

<removed private information-email> 

..that info isn't private, it's public & already easily accessible & available anywhere as my contact info lol not some big secret 😅

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@SimbiAni 

We apologize you continue to experience issues. Can you please provide what username that you are having issues accessing?

Please note, due to Comcast SSO, there is no way to change an email address or log in with an email address/password that is not associated with your Xfinity account. 

Additionally, sharing any personal information including email addresses in posts or in images, is a violation of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines. This ensures we are able to retain the privacy of your personal information and account. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Problem Solver

• 

368 Messages

3 years ago

I have this problem also. Trying to get help to no avail.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I moved to another address 4 weeks ago. I have been not able to access my account or made payments. I addition they have the wrong address of my house. I have been not able to make payments because I cannot access my account and they want to disconnect me and charged for late payments.

I Xfinity disconnect my account, I will not able to work (I work from home, and my son cannot connect to the school district- he study from home)

Complete mess.  I cannot access  my account, I am not able to pay and THEY HAVE MY WRONG ADDRESS>

This comment has been converted into a post

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@marcomeneses When you moved, if you transferred your service, you were given a new account number, and probably a new username to login with.

To find your Primary user ID, use the Lookup Tool: https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup

Just enter the requested information and you will see a listing of all the user ID's on your account, one of which will be the Primary ID.
If that doesn't work you will need to call and ask what your new account number is and how to login.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here