U

Friday, October 27th, 2023 6:47 PM

Closed

Can’t Post on preferred system

Description box grayed out on Firefox (windows desktop) private and non-private modes after cache and cookies are cleared. Also grayed on iPhone in DuckDuckGo app.  Also grayed on safari mobile site.  Posting now on iPhone from safari but only after requesting desktop version. You need new programmers (see other post on channel lineup info I’ll be posting  after finishing this one).  Which is annoying to do on a phone keyboard. And annoying because I don’t prefer safari ever. 

plus I see now this desktop version won’t allow me to tag anything but top two items on the drop down. 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

7 months ago

All,

We are still actively working with our platform vendor for a permanent solution to this issue. For now, we are recommending users to try a different browser to access the forum for the time being. Users can also attempt a full clearing of their preferred browser history, cache, and cookies. Finally, if needed, there is also a workaround our team has been using, see below for that information.

Workaround: 

• Scroll to the very bottom of any forum page, click "Cookie Preferences"
  • Click "Accept all" option
  • Click "Save Changes button
  • Refresh forum page

Once we have a permanent fix in place, we will be sure to update this thread. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

8 months ago

Description box grayed out on Firefox ...

If I'm are not already signed in to www.xfinity.com when I click SIGN IN on forums.xfinity.com, it's supposed to log me in to www.xfinity.com as well as forums.xfinity.com, but it doesn't quite work. Worse, it appears to work, but leaves posting editor text entry fields "locked", and it loads some sort of junk into the browser so that, if I then sign in to www.xfinity.com, forum text entry is still messed up.

To clear the problem I had to do these steps in this order in each browser I use in the forums:

1. sign out of the Forums (profile icon, "SIGN OUT")
  2. sign out of Xfinity (user icon, "Sign out")
  3. close all Forum and Xfinity windows/tabs
  4. delete cache
  5. delete all Sprinklr, Comcast, and Xfinity cookies
  6. close the browser, wait a moment, then reopen it
  7. sign in to https://www.xfinity.com/
  8. sign in to https://forums.xfinity.com/

Since doing that I always make sure I'm logged in to www.xfinity.com before logging in to the forums. I haven't had a problem with "locked out" text entry fields since.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

5 Messages

8 months ago

Thank you. Sounded plausible. Appreciate the effort. But it didn’t work for me. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_L Hello, thanks for the post. Appreciate all your efforts with trying to get our platform fully working for you. Since it's been a couple of days, any progress with removing the greyed out options? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

5 Messages

8 months ago

Thanks @XfinityJodie. It’s randomly working today. I’m guessing something changed on your end. Nothing changed on mine. Thanks. 

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

7 months ago

Doesn’t work properly for me and hasn’t since June of this year!

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

7 months ago

Just out of curiosity…. Who does the code maintenance for this site?

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

7 months ago

Hey hey hey! I can post from desktop/windows 10/firefox. (11/25/2023)! Did somebody fix something?

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@Biff-Tannon Nothing to my knowledge but we're happy to hear that you're back up.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

7 months ago

Will comcast ever fix this forum so that I can post from a laptop or desktop in my house on home Wifi or LAN?

I can not post from laptop or desktop consistently. One in a blue moon it actually works. It works phone only. I've had this issue for at least 6 months.

Thanks

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Can Not Post from Laptop or Desktop on Home Wi-Fi or LAN

15 Messages

6 months ago

oddly i have to use Brave browser to do this. Edge, Chrome and Firefox do not work when it comes to the description box. It's all greyed out for me and un-editable. I was able to start a thread back in August and I wanted to update it or share into on posts. But nada, cannot type in description content. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled forum coding issue still happening?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

... Edge, Chrome and Firefox do not work when it comes to the description box. ...

Does https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/cant-post-forum-question-from-computer-description-field-is-grayed-out/64973071d92de332576a2c00?commentId=6531383d77679f48f5baa974 help?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

15 Messages

partially . i usually will try firefox's private window just now. i also tried making sure i'm in xfinity.com but the authentication looks to be separate between the forums and xfinity.com. why do I think so? in a incognito window, i first logged into xfinity.com. and on the same tab (not new though it shouldn't make a difference), i logged into the xfinity forums. it's not recognizing the same authentication. it is still not allowing to type anything in the reply or comment box. oddly commenting brings a grey box but replying to your post is white background. neither box can be typed into in firefox. 

i did try the same so posting back here via brave browser. testing it in incognito window in chrome seemed to work though like you, i have to log into xfinity.com first. 

p.s. i just tried logging in again in a new incognito session (previous one closed) and straight into xfinity forums. it's the same old effect that requires me to log into xfinity.com first and then the forums to be able to post/reply. really strange. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here