M

Saturday, December 23rd, 2023 1:10 AM

Closed

forum coding issue still happening?

oddly i have to use Brave browser to do this. Edge, Chrome and Firefox do not work when it comes to the description box. It's all greyed out for me and un-editable. I was able to start a thread back in August and I wanted to update it or share into on posts. But nada, cannot type in description content. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Can’t Post on preferred system

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

6 months ago

... Edge, Chrome and Firefox do not work when it comes to the description box. ...

Does https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/cant-post-forum-question-from-computer-description-field-is-grayed-out/64973071d92de332576a2c00?commentId=6531383d77679f48f5baa974 help?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

15 Messages

partially . i usually will try firefox's private window just now. i also tried making sure i'm in xfinity.com but the authentication looks to be separate between the forums and xfinity.com. why do I think so? in a incognito window, i first logged into xfinity.com. and on the same tab (not new though it shouldn't make a difference), i logged into the xfinity forums. it's not recognizing the same authentication. it is still not allowing to type anything in the reply or comment box. oddly commenting brings a grey box but replying to your post is white background. neither box can be typed into in firefox. 

i did try the same so posting back here via brave browser. testing it in incognito window in chrome seemed to work though like you, i have to log into xfinity.com first. 

p.s. i just tried logging in again in a new incognito session (previous one closed) and straight into xfinity forums. it's the same old effect that requires me to log into xfinity.com first and then the forums to be able to post/reply. really strange. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here