Z49h8c's profile

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, April 26th, 2021 5:09 PM

Closed

Are initial questions marked as 'Private', if not then why did that happen?

Are initial questions marked as 'Private', if not then why did that happen?  I am trying to post an issue in the internet area, and my initial post is marked as 'Private'.  Is it under review first?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Forum Administrator @ComcastJessie has posted:

...  the forum will automatically privatize any post that either has some type of guideline violation or has images attached. Images are typically approved by our team within 24-48 hours after being posted ...

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/disappearing-forum-posts/606894c37437b81d05b7b638?commentId=606b25cb322c887da0f3c0a2

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I reposted a new copy of my question by removing MAC address, and it was accepted.  I thought it was something like that.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and Happy Monday, ! I hope you had a great weekend! I appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs! As mentioned by user BruceW, sometimes initial posts can be marked as "private" due to any personal information displayed or posted images. This allows our moderation team time to remove anything that violates our forum guidelines and review posted images. We recommend that all users review our Xfinity Forum Guidelines to hopefully prevent any future posts from being marked as "Private" automatically. 

If you have issues with your internet services, we definitely want to help get this all corrected for you ASAP! To get the ball rolling on this process, please send us a private chat message by selecting the “chat” icon on the top right side of our page and then using our singular Xfinity Support handle (not an agent name) to get started. Once you have started a chat message, please provide your name and service address as it appears on your monthly billing statements. Thanks again for both your time and patience!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here