J

Monday, June 10th, 2024 3:47 PM

Unable to Access Comcast Email Accounts using Outlook 365

This problem just started for me today.  Outlook 365 keeps asking for server authentication and password information in order to log in and access the account.  However, when using Outlook 365 I can send outbound emails from Comcast Email accounts.  I have referred to all the Xfinity Support documents and the settings for IMAP are set in my Outlook according to these documents.  What has changed?  I also have the correct setting checked in the Xfinity web access/email client to these two email accounts.  Please review and help me get this resolved. 

1 Message

20 days ago

same problem here.. started around 8:30 am eastern

Official Employee

• 

847 Messages

Hello @user_cno4h9 Thanks for letting us know you're having an issue with Outlook and your email account. You’ve come to the right place for help. I would like to troubleshoot with you. Base on the error above, have you had the opportunity to reset your password? Can you reset your Xfinity password, then copy that password over to Outlook and any saved browsers you may have setup.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I have the same problem and that doesn't work. I've reset the password 3 times and now my email is just vanished with all of my emails along with it. It is the SECOND Time this has happened and it's a shame you can't talk to someone to get this resolved. My email worked just fine last week and now I can NOT access any communications with my Bank/School/Work, etc. In order to change my email they will send a llink to the email that I can't access which does NOT allow me to change my email address. What a crock Xfinity...how can you allow this? Shameful.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hey there, user_89s30r, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your email account. We would be happy to help you troubleshoot! Have you tried accessing your email on another device to see if that helps? Also, how are you currently accessing your email through our website?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

I have four computers and I've tried to access it on all of them and nothing works. It's as if my email address just simply vanished. My password no longer works. As mentioned before, this is NOT the first time this has happened, however this is my MAIN email address this time. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even show up in my account anymore when I log in to the Xfinity website.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_89s30r I would like to take a further look into this email login problem you're experiencing. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

20 days ago

Same here.  Really annoying.

Official Employee

• 

575 Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums, buffalolandco! I am sorry to hear about the troubles with the email access in Outlook. Are you using a desktop or phone app to access the email?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Similar issue but also says ip address temporarily blacklisted from outlook 365. Email works fine online xfinity.com. I have changed password 3 times.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@bcjeppesen Thank you for reaching out to us here so we can help with your Email issue. Our engineers are aware of the issue and we are waiting for a fix. Please keep an eye out for any updates that become available. In the meantime, you can manage your Email account through our Xfinity web page. 

1 Message

20 days ago

Same thing here, just started.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there, user_29g8ws! Thanks for reaching out about the emails not coming through with Outlook. I have a couple of questions. Are you seeing the same server message in Outlook or something different? If you login to the Xfinity Connect email site do you see all of your emails? 

1 Message

20 days ago

same here!  Started around noon for us.

Official Employee

• 

567 Messages

user_617urz Hello, are you still having issues with your email?

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

20 days ago

The concerns are not "Community Knowledge Base" related. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

(edited)

1 Message

19 days ago

So where do I go for help with this?  I've been on the phone with help and I'm still having the same issue after it told me it was repaired.

4 Messages

19 days ago

Have the same issue. Thunderbird stopped accepting @comcast.net email with the imap server configuration. No issues on iPhone (for now). Even tried to reset password. Auth keeps failing.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

750 Messages

Hello, @user_rhjq54! Our teams are aware and working on investigating this issue. In the meantime, using our web app is a workaround.  The link is : connect.xfinity.com Thanks for bearing with us! 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ 

Hopefully you will post here when the issue is resolved.  I am still having an issue since yesterday.  Here is the latest ping:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ping mail.comcast.net

Pinging imap.ge.xfinity.com [96.118.153.47] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 96.118.153.47:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The issue is only with Outlook (no it is not a password issue!!) but Web Mail and the phone app is ok.

Joe P

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Howdy joep63

I was curious if you have done a full reboot of the system? I have been helping some customers get this sorted out and wanted to make sure we help you get back up and running. Auth wise, successful patterns have been connected with 1)resetting the user password, 2)remove the email account from the connected client, 3) reboot the machine, 4) re-add that account with the updated password credential. 

4 Messages

19 days ago

Stop telling people that this is an issue on their end. Rebooting will not work. All IMAP access stopped working on BOTH laptop email client and iphone email client.

Official Employee

• 

750 Messages

@user_rhjq54, we have actually seen some success with the steps Thomas has pointed out, but as I mentioned in my previous response to you, using the web app at connect.xfinity.com is a great alternative for the time being! 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@user_rhjq54​ 

You are 100% correct, it is not a User issue.  As you can see from my post, the email server mail.comcast.net does not respond to a ping.

Also, for me, it cannot be a password issue because I can log into my account, get web mail and get email on my phone app.

The only other possible issue (very rare) could be my IP is being blocked.

Joe P

(edited)

4 Messages

@joep63​ My testing shows the same. Its almost as if they decomissioned the email servers, put in some firewall rule or inspection, borked authentication on the backend, or even MAYBE just MAYBE decided to no longer use imap.comcast.net but instead xfinity branded DNS entries. Who knows... communication is poor on IT infra changes!

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@user_rhjq54​ 

FYI

I checked my IP address to see if it is blocked and it is not.

I just tried to send an email and it went!!!  Never thought about trying to send.

Give it a try...

Joe P

(edited)

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ 

This issue is now 3 days old and neither you or the other 5 "Official Xfinity Employees" have offered a solution to the issue here.  To reiterate I can send and receive email from the Web and phone and I can log into my Xfinity Account.  On my Computer, using Outlook, I can send email but not receive.  I posted the Ping results showing mail.comcast.net as "timeout" which is not a password or profile issue so recreating either is futile as can be seen by others that have tried that.  Also, if it were a password issue I would not be able to get email on the Web or the phone.

I checked my IP address and it is not being blocked.

Please address this issue with a positive solution.

Regards,

Joe P

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

17 days ago

I have the same issue

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

17 days ago

I have the same problem 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@screen_name007​ 

If you look around this Forum you will discover that this issue has been going on for many months with no one definitive solution.  Some people have even sent letters to the CEO!  I did not and would no recommended some of the recommendations that the "Xfinity Employee's" have offered like deleting your profile, uninstalling Outlook and rebooting.

As of this post I tried installing a VPN which will masks my IP and it seems to be working but give it time and it also may get blacklisted.

Joe P

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @screen_name007! Could you please reset/change the password for your Xfinity email following the steps in this link here?

After changing the password, please log out/remove the email from your phone’s mail app. Then please make sure your email has third party access enabled. To enable third-party access to apps such as Apple mail, please:

Sign in to your comcast email through the website here.
Select the settings (gear icon) in the top right
Select “Email Settings” below the gear icon
Select “Security” in the top left
Make sure the box below “Third Party Access Security” is checked.

After changing the password, deleting/removing the email from your iPhone’s mail app settings, and enabling third-party access we will want to follow the steps in this article to make sure the Xfinity email is correctly added the email app on your iPhone.

1 Message

11 days ago

I have the same issue, started around 8am eastern 6/19/24. And the web workaround doesnt work - i do not see the e-mails associated with the account I use daily, just the master e-mail account. help.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_j9rwzb​ 

I have the same issue, started around 8am eastern 6/19/24. And the web workaround doesn't work - i do not see the e-mails associated with the account I use daily, just the master e-mail account. help.

How were you accessing this account?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Our team can help, user_j9rwzb? Is this issue specific to Outlook, and are you able to access your emails via Xfinity Connect? If you had not already, resetting your passwords within your email client may help too. 

1 Message

6 days ago

I have the same issue - cannot send or receive email through outlook on laptop or on phone using comcast.net email that i've had for years. I changed password, didn't work. I deleted the account from Outlook with intention of adding it back and it won't take it. I have spent an hour on phone with Microsoft and the account is NOT being blocked by them.  Could you post the settings for Outlook here again to make sure we're getting the correct settings - what to check for security and what not to check? 

I also can use your webmail and have forwarded the comcast.net email to another of my accounts so i can at least get them. Please fix this....

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_rh9y6h​ 

I have the same issue - cannot send or receive email through outlook on laptop or on phone using comcast.net email that i've had for years. I changed password, didn't work. I deleted the account from Outlook with intention of adding it back and it won't take it. I have spent an hour on phone with Microsoft and the account is NOT being blocked by them.  Could you post the settings for Outlook here again to make sure we're getting the correct settings - what to check for security and what not to check? 

I also can use your webmail and have forwarded the comcast.net email to another of my accounts so i can at least get them. Please fix this....

You can find the settings here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_rh9y6h I wanted to follow up on the link/instructions provided by @Again. Did you have a chance to visit the link and follow the steps provided. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 days ago

I have the same issue. Outlook keeps prompting me for authentication. Many times when I click on it it retrieves mail and asks again, multiple times.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here