BruceW's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 12:41 AM

Closed

No Forum email notifications since 4/2

I received many Forum email notifications from "Community Mailer" through https://connect.xfinity.com/ after the change to Sprinklr, but the notifications have stopped. The last one is timestamped Friday 4/2/2021 at 11:45 AM. I've received over 100 notifications via the Forum "bell" icon since then, but no emails. The Spam folder is empty. Other emails seem to be arriving as expected. My profile Notification Preferences have Email and Platform selected for all categories. The profile email address is correct.

Could someone check on this for me please?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

**Update 05/03/2021**

All,

I have received confirmation this morning that email notifications are once again working as designed. We are still working with our email team to ensure that all forum notifications appear as "vetted" Xfinity emails (as outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email). This feature should be available soon. 

Thanks again for all the reported the issues and helped to get it resolved as soon as possible. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue or have any other questions related to Xfinity Forum email notifications.

**Original Message from 04/23/2021**

All, 

We have identified an issue that is preventing forum email notification from making it to email boxes. We are working hard to resolve this quickly and hope to have a resolution as early as next week. Once I have confirmation that the fix is in place I will be sure to update this post. 

Thanks for getting this reported and for your continued patience as we work to resolve this.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

@ComcastJessie : The fix is incomplete. I get notifications for messages posted as "comments", but not for "reply" messages. Not via email, and not via the "bell" icon. I have never received any notification for messages posted as "replies" since the switch to the Sprinklr forum. Not once.

Can this be fixed please?

ETA: Afterthought: Until this is fixed, please post any further messages that you want me to see as "Comments", not as a "Replies". Since I do not get notifications for posted "Replies", I will not know that such messages exist unless I happen to stumble across them.

(edited)

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

I'll escalate this.  As far as I can tell mine are working normally.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Latoque wrote: I'll escalate this ...

Thank you for that but, a week later, still not a single email notification, and absolutely no help from Comcast or Sprinklr.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

I just tried something else.  Let's see if anything moves

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

No change so far. Still no email notifications, and complete silence from the admins.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you Jesse. Here's hoping!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

As of today 4/28 @12:31 EDT, still no email notifications.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Email notifications which died on 4/2 seem to have resumed Friday evening, with the first one timestamped at 8:50 PM on 4/30/2021.

Thanks to @Latoque, @ComcastJessie, and anyone else who contributed to getting these working again!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

Testing "reply" notifications

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Testing "comment" notifications

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Do notifications work for "replies"? I get notifications for messages posted as "comments", but not for "replies", not via email, and not via the "bell" icon. Likewise, notifications seem to work for "likes" applied to "comments", but not for "replies". My profile has all notifications turned on, but I get none for "replies" or for "likes" to "replies".

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@BruceW 

Notifications for replies are only available via the notification/bell icon in the upper right corner of your forum screen. There you will get notified any time a post you are "following" has a new reply or receives an Accepted Answer (see image). 

Forum profiles are set to automatically follow any post that the user has engaged on by default. To follow a post you are not currently engaging on; navigate to the post you want to follow and click the "Follow" option at the bottom of the post. 

Sometimes these notifications will only be viewable once the action is complete and the page you are on has been refreshed. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

... Notifications for replies are only available via the notification/bell icon ...

I have received over 400 notifications via the "bell" icon since March 15, but not a single one was triggered by or leads back to a "reply". Notifications for "comments" and "likes" for "comments" on threads I'm subscribed to, yes. For "replies", not a single one. I'm simply not getting them.

For example, in this thread, I got a "bell" icon notification when Latoque posted a "comment" on April 14, but nothing when he posted a "reply" on April 20.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

A week later, I'm still not receiving notifications via the "bell" icon or email for "replies", or for "likes" on "replies" to threads I'm subscribed to.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Two weeks later, I'm still not receiving any notifications at all for "replies", and I still have not received any help or even acknowledgment of the problem. Please help.

Contributor

• 

154 Messages

Hi Bruce, we have made updates to the Forum email platform that will allow receipt of email notifications.  These changes were pushed live 4/19. Please let me know if you are still unable to receive notifications.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastJohnL wrote: Hi Bruce, we have made updates to the Forum email platform that will allow receipt of email notifications.  These changes were pushed live 4/19. Please let me know if you are still unable to receive notifications.

@ComcastJohnL : I am receiving notifications for "Comments", but not for "Replies". I have not received a single notification for a "Reply" since the change to the Sprinklr forum.

Not. A. Single. One.

Not via the "bell" icon, and not via email . No "Reply" notifications at all. Not ever.

Your "Reply" above (10:50AM on 5/20) is an example. I received no notification of it, and so had no idea it existed until, just out of curiosity, I decided to pull up this thread a few moments ago to see if it contained anything new. Here's what my Notifications look like around 10AM on 5/20. Notice that there is a notification of a post before yours and one after, but NONE for yours:

Please fix this for me!

ETA: Afterthought: Until this is fixed, please post any further messages that you want me to see as "Comments", not as a "Replies". Since I do not get notifications for posted "Replies", I will not know that such messages exist unless I happen to stumble across them.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Three weeks later, I'm still not receiving any notifications at all for "replies". I get them when "comments" are posted, but not for "replies". The result is that, when a "reply" is posted to a thread I subscribe to, I have no way of knowing about it unless I pull up the thread manually. I have never received a notification for "replies" since the change to the Sprinklr forum, not via the "bell" icon nor via email.

Please help.

Note that any message a poster wants me to be aware of needs to be posted as a "comment", not as a "reply". Since I do not get notifications for "replies", I will not know that such messages exist unless I happen to stumble across them.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here