Adroit Commenter
Prominent
Inquisitive Mind

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:41 AM

No Forum email notifications since 4/2

I received many Forum email notifications from "Community Mailer" through https://connect.xfinity.com/ after the change to Sprinklr, but the notifications have stopped. The last one is timestamped Friday 4/2/2021 at 11:45 AM. I've received over 100 notifications via the Forum "bell" icon since then, but no emails. The Spam folder is empty. Other emails seem to be arriving as expected. My profile Notification Preferences have Email and Platform selected for all categories. The profile email address is correct.

Could someone check on this for me please?

This post was escalated on April 14, 2021 by Latoque

Responses

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

4.3K Messages

12 d ago

**Update 05/03/2021**

All,

I have received confirmation this morning that email notifications are once again working as designed. We are still working with our email team to ensure that all forum notifications appear as "vetted" Xfinity emails (as outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email). This feature should be available soon. 

Thanks again for all the reported the issues and helped to get it resolved as soon as possible. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue or have any other questions related to Xfinity Forum email notifications.

**Original Message from 04/23/2021**

All, 

We have identified an issue that is preventing forum email notification from making it to email boxes. We are working hard to resolve this quickly and hope to have a resolution as early as next week. Once I have confirmation that the fix is in place I will be sure to update this post. 

Thanks for getting this reported and for your continued patience as we work to resolve this.

(edited)

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

21 d ago

I'll escalate this.  As far as I can tell mine are working normally.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

15 d ago

Latoque wrote: I'll escalate this ...

Thank you for that but, a week later, still not a single email notification, and absolutely no help from Comcast or Sprinklr.

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

I just tried something else.  Let's see if anything moves

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

13 d ago

No change so far. Still no email notifications, and complete silence from the admins.

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

12 d ago

Thank you Jesse. Here's hoping!

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

7 d ago

As of today 4/28 @12:31 EDT, still no email notifications.

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

4 d ago

Email notifications which died on 4/2 seem to have resumed Friday evening, with the first one timestamped at 8:50 PM on 4/30/2021.

Thanks to @Latoque, @ComcastJessie, and anyone else who contributed to getting these working again!

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

Testing "reply" notifications

(edited)

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

2 d ago

Testing "comment" notifications

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

2 d ago

Do notifications work for "replies"? I get notifications for messages posted as "comments", but not for "replies", not via email, and not via the "bell" icon. Likewise, notifications seem to work for "likes" applied to "comments", but not for "replies". My profile has all notifications turned on, but I get none for "replies" or for "likes" to "replies".

(edited)

Administrator

• 

4.3K Messages

1 d ago

@BruceW 

Notifications for replies are only available via the notification/bell icon in the upper right corner of your forum screen. There you will get notified any time a post you are "following" has a new reply or receives an Accepted Answer (see image). 

Forum profiles are set to automatically follow any post that the user has engaged on by default. To follow a post you are not currently engaging on; navigate to the post you want to follow and click the "Follow" option at the bottom of the post. 

Sometimes these notifications will only be viewable once the action is complete and the page you are on has been refreshed. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply
BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

6 h ago

... Notifications for replies are only available via the notification/bell icon ...

I have received over 400 notifications via the "bell" icon since March 15, but not a single one was triggered by or leads back to a "reply". Notifications for "comments" and "likes" for "comments" on threads I'm subscribed to, yes. For "replies", not a single one. I'm simply not getting them.

For example, in this thread, I got a "bell" icon notification when Latoque posted a "comment" on April 14, but nothing when he posted a "reply" on April 20.

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here