rikkih2o's profile

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 10:17 AM

Having trouble signing in on Samsung email app

Trying to sign into the Samsung Email App is supposed to lead me to the Xfinity page where I can sign in, there's no option to sign in. It just tells me I need to sign in.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 months ago

I'm having the exact same issue. I had just got a replacement phone and it's making login but the Xfinity page opens up but without the login bar

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Same here- any fix available?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

New phone using samsung email app- it directs to xfinity when selecting password and then a non-responsive page. Cant complete the log-in

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@rsegrin47​ the only fix I found was to set it up as POP3 for now. Otherwise I've found no other way. But POP3 worked for me in the meantime so I can at least get my mail and such 

2 Messages

Do you have to set up the account again? I don't want to get rid of the one i already have because all my important mail is saved under the imap and i don't know how to change to a POP3 without setting up the account again.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

rsegrin47 Thank you for reaching out. I see you've run into similar troubles as well, but we got your back. Have you been able to access the app before? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@rsegrin47​ I am having the same issue. I cannot sign into my email. I am prompted to put in my password, when I try, I am brought to another page with terms of service and privacy policy and the only other thing I can do is go back to the “enter account information” page, which sends me in a circle of back and forth.

2 Messages

3 months ago

I've used the Samsung email app for years, but can't sign in to comcast on new S23FE phone. Have tried everything. Get to sign in, put in email and then won't let me add password, just throws me to Xfinity terms and privacy. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Same here on my Samsung Galaxy S24

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_91h7wh​  Me, too. Don't know how to fix it. I ended up Uninstalling Outlook and logging in via Google Chrome. So cumbersome and kluge-y.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 months ago

@rikkih2o I sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your email. Have you reviewed the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/samsung-modern-authentication ?

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Thanks for your answer. I have tried that and i still end up on the page that says i need to sign in, but does not give me any options.

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

I get the Terms and Privacy page. I have a Galaxy S24+.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Have you tried to uninstall and then reinstall the app @rikkih2o  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityDena​ this seems to be an Xfinity issue. It's when when we go setup or enter the password it takes you to an Xfinity login screen. Usually you just login like normal, but the Xfinity page doesn't load the login boxes so we're unable to complete the process. This issue just started two or so days ago. It's definitely on Xfinity end

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Ctowndrama rhank you, are you still expriencing these troubles?

2 Messages

3 months ago

I was able to change one of my Xfinity accounts. I deleted this one and it's saying that i need to give the account POP/IMAP permission. I can't figure out how. I've given third-party permission, though.

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

user_frm4ux You can find instructions for updating your Xfinity Email POP Port Settings here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-pop3-110-995. Please let me know if that does not resolve your issue. 

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

3 months ago

I was wrong. I thought I did, but all my folders do not show up like they're supposed to. Still stuck.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@rikkih2o Are you able to confirm that you are able to log in anywhere else not using the app?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 months ago

... my folders do not show up like they're supposed to ...

Check the folder sync settings for your Comcast.net account in Samsung's email app (gear icon / account / "Email folders to sync"). When I reloaded mine only "Inbox" was selected.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

3 months ago

I can sign in to my account on the official app for Xfinity mail.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@rikkih2o​ I'm in the same boat. I can sign into my Xfinity email, I can even setup a POP3 using the manual settings, but doing IMAP brings up the Xfinity page with no login bar. Just a page telling you to login but the bars are missing. I've done this a thousand times in the past, but for some reason now the Xfinity page won't load properly 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

rikkih2o, Understood, thank you to taking the time to test your login on other platforms. Since you're using a 3rd party email client, I'm limited to the direct support I can provide with Samsung apps, but I promise I will do all I can to help. When you're taken to the Xfinity sign in page, are you able to enter your credentials, or is there no option to enter them? 

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

Ctowndrama Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

3 Messages

The only way I could get Samsung email to work is using the POP3 setting and setting up manually as another user recommended.  Every time I used IMAP it would send me to the xfinity log in screen without the ability to login anywhere. 

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

3 months ago

There is no option to sign in when taken to the Xfinity page. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the app. That did not work and I ended up losing all my saved emails for no reason.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

rikkih2o, have you reached out to Samsung for any troubleshooting steps with their app? On the Xfinity front, I'd like to look into this more with you. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

3 months ago

This has to be an Xfinity problem because i just lost the ability to sign in on the app on my Galaxy Note 10. The page says: Title: "Enter accout information"

"Sign in with your Xfinity ID By signing in, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Let's go"

You can click on the TOS and Privacy Policy and read them, but that is all.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

It is not a Samsung problem, it is clearly an Xfinity issue. I can access both my Gmail and Yahoo email accounts using the Email app on my S24+. The Comcast email account is the only one glitching. It does not allow the email password to be entered, just goes to a page with cookie settings and no matter which cookie terms I agree to there is no box to enter a password next to the words "Let's Go". I can only sign into my Comcast email using a web browser, which is a royal pita. Please fix whatever you broke trying to upgrade security Xfinity, thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@Tigertown84 I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. Have you checked the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/samsung-modern-authentication

2 Messages

3 months ago

Having the same problem did anyone find a fix? This is the page I get

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

user_jlz27x,

I'm getting the same screen as you over and over when I click on the Password fill-in line on the "Sign in again" screen.

I thought it was something I did because I had just changed my Comcast PW, but I can use the new PW to access my email thru the xfinity.com web site on my phone, laptop and desktop and thru Outlook on my desktop.

With regards to someone else's post, I have no opportunity to enter my PW before entering the account name.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Ditto!  S23 here. Changed my password two days ago. Authorized third-party. Still no login ability. Just stupid Ts and Cs and Privacy. This I definitely Xfinity issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_eddc22 this answer was provided by @BruceW Check the folder sync settings for your Comcast.net account in Samsung's email app (gear icon / account / "Email folders to sync"). When I reloaded mine only "Inbox" was selected.

2 Messages

@user_jlz27x​  

I just figured out how to change the existing password by bypassing the Xfinity sign in page!  Instead of following the prompt to “Sign in again” when trying to open the email, I clicked “cancel” then clicked on the three lines to the left of the word “Inbox” to get to the list of email accounts (I have many), then clicked on the “settings” icon at the top right.  This took me to “Email settings” where I clicked on the particular email account, then “server settings” at the bottom of that page.  Here I changed the password – had to do it twice, once for incoming and then for outgoing at the bottom of that page, then clicked “done.”  It processed it, then just sat there, so I clicked on the back-arrow and it started to receive my emails!  Whew!

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

3 months ago

Nope, just a lot of answers we don't need. They just keep repeating them.

2 Messages

3 months ago

So someone posted on another site and it worked to put the password in before you enter the email address on the screen where you enter that from your email app and it worked. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I got it to work, following the instructions at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/samsung-modern-authentication and your above post.

When I got to the Samsung Email "Set up account" screen, I tried to enter the email address first and it took me to the Enter Account Information screen you posted earlier. So, I deleted the email address, entered the PW, and then re-entered the email address, and it created the new account with all  my old emails and contacts.

2 Messages

@user_jlz27x​ 

BRILLIANT! After multiple tries to load Samsung email over and over and over again, I just tried this (duh) and it worked!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Tell Everyon to try this!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi user_jlz27x,

I appreciate you following up and for providing these tips. I see it has already helped someone else. This is the great thing about Forums. We are all here to help each other. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@BillBowl​ this is the answer for now. Worked for me as well. For those not understanding, go to "add new mailbox" like usual, then go to "other" when it lists all the other emails like yahoo, Gmail, ect. and then the two boxes come up that say "email" and one says "password". DO NOT put in your email. First, tap the "password" box and put in your password. THEN after that, tap the email box and put in your email address. It will add your email like usual. It won't open the Xfinity login page or anything. It will just be setup. 

1 Message

@BillBowl​ Yes, I just tried that and it worked for me also!  Alleluja!

1 Message

3 months ago

Has anyone found the fix to this yet? We are having this problem and have tried all of the comments above.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_d0urkj, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your email concerns. I understand how important it is to have access to your email account. Are you only having issues with the Samsung email app? Are you able to log into your email account through other devices or through our website?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here