U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, March 13th, 2023 9:09 PM

Closed

emails disappeared

All of my emails from 2/16/23 to this morning have disappeared from my Comcast email account. They are not in the trash, they were not deleted. They were in my inbox and now they are gone except for anything in the 2 hours. Any help is appreciated.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the exact same issue -- emails in my inbox from after 2/16/23 are vanished from all folders, though it appears new messages can still come in. Would also greatly appreciate help getting the missing emails back!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_a50ae6​ I just messaged support. If I get a solution I'll be sure to post it here.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_a50ae6​ I didn’t get a response but all my missing emails have been restored as of 2 mins ago. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Cheers for you. No such luck yet for me, alas.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I did reach out to their support on Twitter and they responded. I didn’t get anything from support here. So try to message them on Twitter. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Support ended up messaging me for more info last night, and my problem was resolved when I returned to my inbox this morning. Phew!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same here, except I do have one message from 2/17/2023.  And I've gotten one from today.   I know they have an outage and are working through the backlog of new emails, but not sure that will include these lost ones.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_77e600,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Xfinity Community Forums. I am hoping we can help resolve your e-mail issue swiftly. Have you attempted to sign-out, clear your cache/cookies, and sign back in to the web portal to check if you can access your e-mail inbox? Please let us know so we can try some additional troubleshooting steps if this does not work.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem here.  All email lost all of a sudden from 2/14/23.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here. Lost everything from 2/15 to 3/13.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I experienced the same problem today - all prior emails gone from inbox and trash folders on Outlook, also gone from webmail inbox.  Does anyone have a fix for this?

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have with your email services, @user_d2b7b4. Just to clarify, are you still having the issue with the emails missing or did this get resolved in the past few days?

I no longer work for Comcast.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Lost all inbox emails (250+) on both IPad and home computer.  Trash, Sent, Spam, and Folders not effected.  With "restore" from tech support, only trash was restored, was told unable to retrieve the missing inbox communications.  Can receive new emails.  Phone mail not disturbed.  Tech not aware of such happens but apparently. I'm not the only one

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Lost all emails from 7/14/23 to 8/4/23, both online and Outlook.  Nothing I did.  Called Xfinity for restore today which also failed.   This happened to me months ago and eventually 'magically' came back after a few days.  I can only hope...

2 Messages

@user_0434a9​ hope so too

3 Messages

1 year ago

I just found your post because this just happened to me 😢 At least the rest of your posts give me hope...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here