U

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 9:34 PM

Closed

Comcast is Currently Unavailable

I am unable to receive e-mails on my iPhone.  This started before the IOS update.  It's an apple 12ProMax and I have never had this issue before.

I deleted comcast mail.

Changed my Xfinity password and reloaded mail.

Now I just get comcast is currently unavailable.

I can send e-mails without delay but when receiving it stalls out checking for mail. Get account error: Comcast. Cannot Get Mail - Comcast is currently unavailable.

Need to get this fixed and need guidance. 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I think I'm all set.  In looking at other posts - it was a Norton 360 VPN issue blocking incoming mail.  I am now able to receive mail.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

10 months ago

Hello @user_2w22rq, I can definitely appreciate how important this is for you, I rely on my email's also. Thank you for trying those troubleshooting steps on you end already. I'd like to make sure we understand the full scope of the issue. Are you able to check for received emails through the Xfinity website? This Link can help you with all the ways to check your email through our platforms. 

4 Messages

I can access when I log in but when I added my account to my phone it says that Comcast is “currently unavailable” please help me fix this 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

10 months ago

Concern moved here to the E-mail help section for assistance.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I’m having the same problem.  It started earlier this week.  Facts:
— Get this error:  
    “Cannot get mail.
      (My email name) is currently unavailable.”
— This occurs on both iPhone/iOS and a Dell PC laptop using Outlook.  My wife has same problem on her iPhone but also her Mac/Safari.
— The time emails are not received varies, from 30 or so minutes to a few hours.  Then all emails download.  But then the error returns quickly.
— I can send emails without any problem, even when I can’t receive emails. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Forgot to include:  I don’t use a VPN.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

KennaOne, Thank you for the information. When you get a chance, please send us a DM with your name and full address so that we can run through some troubleshooting with you. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

9 months ago

Hello, I have this issue also, randomly over past few week's.  I don't use a VPN and its the same issue on iOS as well as Outlook 365 on PC.  I can get email fine thorough comcast website, but thats it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @CurtisGo18Go, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the emails, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

9 months ago

I keep getting the "Comcast Email is Unavailable message as well.  Been going on several days now.    

2 Messages

9 months ago

I have been getting this same error message for a week now.  I tried deleting my comcast.net mail account on my iphone (pro 14, latest iOS, no VPN), and adding it back.  I was finally (after four days) able to add the  mail account back yesterday, and now when I go into my Mail on my iphone and ask it to update, I get the error message: Cannot Get Mail. Comcast is currently unavailable.  I have been using my comcast.net email account through the iphone app Mail for years.  In the last week it has stopped working.  I spent over 3 hours with Apple Support, and another four hours with Xfinity support (via chat), and the problem still exists.  Please help.

2 Messages

@user_fg0s13​ 

Here is the ticket number assigned by xfinity for this issue:  ticket number [Edit: Personal Information]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

492 Messages

@user_fg0s13 and all please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

4 Messages

9 months ago

Continual problem. What’s the fix? And no I’m not running through 20 useless random fix steps (that never work). 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_92fad1 We definitley want to ensure that you are able to access and receive your emails without any issues! I am not finding any known issues with this at this time. Can you please go into more detail on what issue you are running into? Are you getting the same error message? What device(s) are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

4 Messages

When I enter my email address and password to add second mail account the pop up screen says comcast is not currently available. That’s all that happens. iPhone 12. No idea how to troubleshoot this. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

@user_92fad1 Hello! I would be happy to help out with your email issue. Could you confirm what iOS version you are currently running on your device? And to confirm, the settings for our email are listed here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I get the same error message for the last 5 days. No vpn. I’ve deleted and te added the email. This is so frustrating!

1 Message

9 months ago

Up until 2 days ago all was fine.   Now I get the Comcast unavailable message too.  It seems no one has a solution to this problem and Xfinity doesn’t seem to have a single actual living employee I can contact to discuss this. I bet if I wanted to buy a service I could get a live person 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, @user_34n3l7 thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your email account. We definitely want to assist you with your account and I know how important it is to have access to your emails. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already? Are you having issues with any other devices or just your iPhone?

1 Message

9 months ago

Same issue here. It started this week and unable to reset up my Comcast email. I been working on this with Xfinity all week when I am able to make contact with a live agent. Was on a call last evening with a representative for 1.5 hrs and they were unable to figure out the problem. Just keep getting the Comcast unavailable message. Frustrating…..

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_vf9jrk, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with your email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

2 Messages

8 months ago

Hello, I'm having the same issue!  It is an intermittent issue. A couple of things I've noticed that no one has reported.  (1) I found that if I shut off WIFI and go to cellular on my iPhone 13 then emails download right away. Switching back to WIFI I get the same "account error" "cannot connect to the Comcast server".  I also have Norton 360 but have VPN turned off as I have noticed that "sometimes" it doesn't download.  I've noticed that  Quicken also has a download issue too so keep VPN off when using it. (2) I found that the "new" preview version of Outlook works fine but it has a few bugs still (the time emails are received is incorrect for example).  When I toggle back to the old version (Office 360) I get the annoying server popup wanting me to enter my username and PW, which are already auto filled and correct.  Even when I delete these and add them back it doesn't make any difference and the popup keeps coming right back.  IMAP and SMPT settings are correct and the same in the "new" Outlook and on my iPhone.  BTW, emails load fine on the Comcast server.  I've tried shutting down the firewall and auto protect features in Norton but that didn't make any difference.  Note, I don't have an active Comcast (Xfinity) account anymore but download emails from their server actively as allowed to keep using it and have been for a couple of years so that shouldn't be an issue.  Has anyone found a solution???  I'm thinking of reinstalling Outlook ...

1 Message

Thank you.,.i turned off wifi and got my emails...not sure if they will continue to download when i turn wifi back on. [Edited: "All Caps"]

(edited)

2 Messages

8 months ago

The time issue for the "new" Outlook is three hours off, maybe west coast time, I'm east coast.  Also, SMTP not SMPT above :(

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_3j9x45, You could give it a try and let us know how it goes. We appreciate all the information you have provided. 

1 Message

Is there a solution? Yes, turning off wi-fi loads emails, but as soon as wi-if is turned back on then email won’t refresh.  Message is “Comcast currently unavailable “. This started out a few days ago as “user id or password incorrect” (they weren’t).  I tried various fixes, finally deleted account and added it back.  No vpn.  System up to date. No issues until last week or so. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_2qynn5 Are you using a third-party program like Outlook or the Xfinity site to access your email? 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I just starting having this same issue. Is there a fix?

2 Messages

6 months ago

I just started having this same issue. Is there a known fix? I called Comcast and was told they would look into it, but that was 3 days ago and I’ve heard nothing and still can’t access my mail from my phone or iPad.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @user_u3j46k! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about this email issue. You have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

1 Message

6 months ago

Having the same issue this morning, as well as getting a message saying "No password provided".

Might have occurred due to needing to change my password, which was the message I received when logging into xfinity.com. 

Password changed, and I can access email via my browser by logging into xfinity.com, although not via the native mail app on my iphone.

My VPN is not active.

Id do not have an icon for sending a direct message at the top of the page, and I am signed into my account. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here