truthseeker719's profile

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

Friday, January 12th, 2024 4:02 PM

COMCAST E-MAIL SERVER DOWN - ALL 2024 AND HALF OF 2023 EMAILS DISAPPEARED

When I looked at my phone this morning it showed 20+ emails. A half hour later when I went to read my e-mail - they were all gone.  I checked several other folders and ALL EMAILS FROM 2024 PLUS EMAILS GOING BACK TO JUNE of 2023 are GONE!!!!  I looked online and the Comcast e-mail server is down but I don't understand why it would take half of my already read (and stored in folders) emails.  Something similar happened several years ago and it took MANY phone calls and a couple of weeks to get some of my folders back - not even all.  I hesitate to even call Comcast since I don't think the regular support people will have any idea what to do.  I'm hoping a Comcast person reads this and can connect me with someone who can help me get my emails back.  Many of them are extremely important and need to be kept.  I thank anyone who can offer any help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

8 months ago

All,

This morning’s issue affecting customers’ ability to send/receive their Xfinity email has been addressed. You should now be able to use your service as you would normally, including seeing any missing emails. If you continue to experience these issues, please let us know.

4 Messages

I am still not able to retrieve any mail to my inbox.  Only mail I am getting is in my spam box

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thank you,   Everything seems to be restored now and loading.  

1 Message

New emails coming in, but nothing comes up in Sent or Draft or Trash files.  Cannot compose new emails to send either.   

1 Message

@XfinityJessie​ 

my email has not loaded since 7:25 am

2 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ I'm still not able to log in

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

8 months ago

All,

Please completely log out of your email system, clear your full browser cache/cookies/history, and log back in. Please let us know if this does not fix the issue. 

7 Messages

This did not fix my issue. Still no emails between 12/23/23 and 10:15 am this morning.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

The issue has not been resolved.  I have been unable to receive emails since 9am this morning.  Please advise new ETA for resolution.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ thank you this did not work. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@amgdixon​ I am working again now. Thank you 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Can you please attempt to clear the cache/cookies, and history? My personal Xfinity email is working through Outlook, along with other customers here on the forums. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

My email is not loading up either. Last email loaded was at 8:41am.

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

It’s not the loading I’m worried about but thank you for replying. I am more concerned about all of the saved email from the past eight months that disappeared! I have started to receive new emails, but the old ones are nowhere to be found,

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I just had the same thing happen to me.  Trouble with loading, opening, and printing emails.  Can't get into my trash, and NOW, A whole file is missing.  This file is important as well!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

Mine are missing since 12/13/23.  I was on a live chat with an xfinity rep and they said they're aware of it, it's a server issue and it's being "worked on". 

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

Thanks - hopefully they are able to fix it. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@truthseeker719​  I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the hack they had awhile back.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@weezanne thanks for letting us know. If you are still having trouble please let us know. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

7 Messages

8 months ago

Mine go from 12/24/23 to 10:15 am this morning. All my saved folders are empty. 

1 Message

8 months ago

Same problem here.  I work remotely so this is a huge issue. All my emails are gone as of this morning.  Instead of working I'm on hold with customer support.  They said it's a regional problem in the NE but I live in Florida.  She said check tomorrow.  Is Comcast going to reimburse me for lost wages today?

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

it is really very unlikely that customer support can help you. A mail server problem usually requires a team of high-level engineers to fix.

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

8 months ago

Thank you all for at least letting me know that we are all having the same problem. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed that Comcast fingers out how to fix it and restore our lost emails

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

8 months ago

I am still hoping that a higher level Comcast support person will see this thread and let us know if our emails are going to be restored and when. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

Glad I found this thread as I am having the same problem and am very frustrated.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@janette_c Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. Are you still experiencing issues with your email? Can you provide me some more details about what's happening and how you are accessing your email? Is it via a third party email client or through our Xfinity website?

(edited)

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

8 months ago

I'm getting an Outlook error message saying that the pop3 server has an interal error.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @Anon626909, and thank you for reaching out for help with your email issue. I would be happy to look into the problem you are having. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

8 months ago

Mine is still down but comments show some people have been restored.  

7 Messages

8 months ago

They say it has been restored, however, I am still missing everything between 12/24/23 and 10:15am this morning.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same thing for me! Tried all the solutions - I am getting new mail but all the emails from 12/14/23 to yesterday are gone 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @LoriB103. If you are still having issues with that email service send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

8 months ago

Thank goodness all of my new emails just loaded. All of the ones who that had disappeared have miraculously reappeared.

thank you Comcast engineers for fixing this serious problem pretty quickly. And thanks everyone for joining my thread. And thanks Xfinity Jessie for letting us all know what happened

Official Employee

• 

906 Messages

We are glad your email is working and they all came back. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and take care!

2 Messages

Still not working for me

3 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ 

my mail is still gone in all of my folders!

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_ne8svr! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

8 months ago

@XfinityJessie 

My inbox won't load, but the rest of my folders seem OK.

1 Message

I’ve got the same error and can’t get through to Xfinity 😡

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

I was away from my computer for a while, and my inbox is now back.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Happy to hear rightfooted. Thank you for the update! 

3 Messages

8 months ago

I am having the same problems and whatever was supposed to "fix" the issue has not. Please advise

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Same issue  for me and 

1 Message

I have not received any new emails since Jan 21, 2024 on my phone email, but cannot find how to login to my comcast email on my computer to delete multiple emails at a time.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

user_g5eoh2 Hi there! Glad you reached out. I am happy to help. You can log into your email on your laptop when you sign in and access your Xfinity Email or Xfinity Voice voicemail on xfinity.com. Here is a link with step by step instructions on accessing your email via our online portal. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/sign-in-to-email-or-voicemail-on-xfinity

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here