UT

Friday, June 7th, 2024 1:15 AM

Comcast email has disappeared, can't access on iPhone or PC

I last received email as normal on Sat 5/25/24 as this is my primary personal email-I was on my phone as I rarely use my PC.  Tuesday 5/28 is when I realized something was wrong because nothing new had arrived since 3 days prior. There was an error message, possibly about a password not being in settings... I tried to check it and went in circles, nothing worked. My Xfinity account is not associated with this email because I had trouble using it as the associated email when I started using Xfinity for cable/internet (I think I had used it in the past for a prior account or something). I removed the email from my phone, thinking I could add it again, but now nothing is working. 

I checked my PC and also got error messages, cannot access email at all. I did nothing, nothing changed, I have no idea what happened. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

22 days ago

user-tdd615 This is odd, thank you so much for reaching out for help with your Comcast email and no longer having access. I would start by confirming the ID/email address is still showing active. If you check out this page here you can see where you can view the current status of your email address/Xfinity ID. If the status is showing Inactive status: "You haven’t used your Comcast email account in the past 12 months. Your email account, inbox, and folders may be deleted."  The steps to try and reactivate are also listed on the linked page.  If the status is active you will not see any message just your email address. If that is the case I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies on your browser before attempting to access your email address directly Xfinity Connect let me know if you run into any errors or if any messages pop up. 
[Edit:link]

(edited)

4 Messages

Thanks for your response. The problem is, it's not associated with Xfinity so I wasn't even sure which "service provider" I was supposed to contact. My secondary personal email is what is associated with Xfinity -it's a Gmail account which is just fine.

I use the Comcast email every day, but am not accessing it through Xfinity. I had trouble using it as my primary email when setting up my Xfinity account a few years ago, so I didn't use it. I would like to try and associate it with Xfinity if possible but not sure if it's too late. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user-tdd615 No worries at all these steps are for our customers that no longer have active accounts but still use the email address provided when they established services. When you get to the Xfinity page linked above and it asks you to log in enter the email address you are having issues with not your current account information. If you do not recall the password there will be an option to help with forgetting the password. The only issue you may run into is if you did not provide a secondary method of authorization and are not able to get the reset information. If that is the case you will need to reach out to our Customer Security Assurance team by calling 1-800-Xfinity as they are our online account security team. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thank you. I do have an active Xfinity account but it's NOT associated with this comcast email and never has been. I use Outlook as a third-party program and that seems to be where the problem is. I'm concerned that this account is gone, having never been associated with Xfinity, and the fact that I wouldn't have signed into it using Xfinity at any time, much less the last 90 days. I have read recently that this might be the issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

For troubleshooting purposes, could you please reset/change the password for the Comcast email following the steps in this link here?

After changing the password, please log out/remove the email from Outlook. Then please make sure your email has third party access enabled. To enable third-party access please:
Sign in to your comcast email through the website here
Select the settings (gear icon) in the top right
Select “Email Settings” below the gear icon
Select “Security” in the top left
Make sure the box below “Third Party Access Security” is checked. 

After changing the password, deleting/removing the email from outlook, and enabling third-party access we will want to follow the steps in this article to make sure the Xfinity email is correctly added back to Outlook @user-tdd615.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I can log into xfinity and get my emails.  But it is cumbersome and I prefer to have the emails delivered to my outlook account.  Every since I changed my xfinity password on 5-24-2024, I am no longer receiving emails into outlook.  Please advise how I can have my comcast.net emails sent to my outlook account.  

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

21 days ago

The concern is not "accessibility / disability" help related............................... Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

4 Messages

@EG​ Thanks! I didn't realize.

3 Messages

2 days ago

My Comcast e-mail address is gone. Disappeared!  So-called help desk was a 35 minute waste of time.

i’ve had this address for nearly nine years - it’s with banks, medical providers, family, friends, retailers.  Going to the closest retailer (35 minutes) tomorrow hoping they can straighten it out

if not…..I will share my Xfinity experience with every person and/or entity I have to contact with a new e-mail address

service is horrible!

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@user_2o9oni​ 

My Comcast e-mail address is gone. Disappeared!  So-called help desk was a 35 minute waste of time.

i’ve had this address for nearly nine years - it’s with banks, medical providers, family, friends, retailers.  Going to the closest retailer (35 minutes) tomorrow hoping they can straighten it out

if not…..I will share my Xfinity experience with every person and/or entity I have to contact with a new e-mail address

service is horrible!

Try calling Customer Security Assurance:

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

3 Messages

Thx - will try this AM.  

3 Messages

Customer Security desk was able to restore my e-mail account after an agonizing hour on the phone with them

tech rep agreed this has become a major factor for them

I simply do not understand how Comcast can arbitrarily delete any personal e-mail account - particularly one as active as mine - without even discussing with the customers.  This is one an attorney would have a lot to say about!

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@user_2o9oni​ 

Comcast doesn't have to give you an email address; indeed many ISPs are doing away with giving customers email addresses since their are many free alternatives like GMail and Outlook 365.  Email is not a line item on your bill.  My main email address is GMail which I have been using for 20+ years.  I heard Cox is getting rid of customer emails, but I haven't confirmed that yet.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here