U

Tuesday, September 10th, 2024 11:00 PM

Comcast email connectivity issues with IPhone mail app

My Comcast’s email prompted me today to change/update my password which was done. Now, my email doesn’t work through the normal means (email app with other emails currently working) but it works through my safari web-browser and/or Xfinity app downloaded from the App Store. 
In addition, I have changed my password another 5 times, removed it from my phone and tried to add it back on and after it tries to verify my email address and password, I received this message over and over again No password provided for

"Comcast". Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.”

The password is there, but it’s not properly communicating with Comcast. Please assist. 

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same issue and am hoping for resolution. I also did the most recent iOS update and it did not correct the issue.

2 Messages

@user_pwja1l​ 

Well all the sudden, my email is working. Not sure what the fix was or what needed to be done, but I did put input everything a little differently from last time…

when you set up the email account, the first field asks for your name (I inputted my full name), second field asked for email address(I inputted my email address) third field password (self explanatory) last field I retyped my email. Once I did all of that, it finally went through and everything was verified and working as it was again. 
hopefully this helps you as well. Good luck. 

1 Message

I have been on the phone with Comcast customer service for over 3 hours on this. They just keep passing me around to different people. I have a ticket number now and someone is supposed to call me back. I won't hold my breath.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi there, user_xp2d5d! Thanks for working with our teams for so long to resolve the issue with your email box. I apologize that has been happening and am glad to hear you have a ticket open. We are aware that the website it looping back to reset the password again after already taking that step. Have you tried resetting the password, then going into your email app to update the password there though our website may show the password reset did not work or needs to be done again? That has been working for some to get the emails coming through again while this issue is further worked on. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Hi there users - had the same problem many times over. It has nothing to do with VPN. you have to log in to xfinity email via web, then click gear/settings in upper right and under email settings click on Security, then check the box 'Third Party Access Security'. Go back to your iphone mail app and add account - connected right away - no issues!!!

1 Message

24 days ago

Same problem for me right now, after all information entered still gets the following notification 

No password provided. Please go to mail account setting and enter password. won't do anything else...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_2on36m, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Can I have you do the following? Log into your Xfinity email using a browser, select Settings upper right corner, then Security in upper left corner, and then check mark “Third Party Access Security” authorization. Let us know if that helps. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

"third party access security" was already checked and I'm still having this issue :(

1 Message

16 days ago

Same issue here and no resolution yet.   Did you take it off and add again.  Is the server still Comcast and not xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey there! Thank you so much for using our Forums user_p4n6m0 and we are happy to work with you over this platform. Are you still impacted? 

1 Message

Having the same issue as mentioned above. Third party access has always been selected. Removed the account from my iPhone and still experiencing the same issue b

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_a7h5va Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Iphone mail app. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. It sounds like you have performed all the troubleshooting steps and made sure all the settings are correct. We would recommend reaching out o the customer security assurance department for email issues with the password and being able to connect.  They can be reached at 1-800-Xfinity. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 days ago

Tech support at 888-565-4329 was most helpful but finally admitted they first saw this problem with ios 18.  We may have to wait till 18.1 to see a fix from Apple.  Have this problem on ipad and iphone, but wife's ipad is fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @RobertsIV, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

I don’t have IOS 18 on my phone and I still have the issue.  I am betting it is on comcast ends and they don’t have a clue.   

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good evening @user_7h4ye1 and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team here on our Forums to let us know that you don't have IOS 18 and still have this issue. Rest assured, our team is here to help and will do everything we can to help resolve your issues. We'd be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps with you to see how we can best assist as we know how important it is to have your email working properly. To confirm, are you experiencing the same connectivity issues with your iPhone mail app? Are you able to access your email using our website https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet?

We look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience! 

2 Messages

6 days ago

Same issue - comcast.net email not working on iPhone or iPad.  My details:

- Upgraded to IOS18 8 days ago

- Email works on browser and email program

- My wife's comcast email works on her iPad and iPhone (running IOS17.x) 

- "Third Party Access Security" has been and still has a check 

- No issues with email on iPhone or iPad running IOS18 until this morning.  Now getting this message at the bottom on my email screen on both iPad and iPhone saying "Account Error, Comcast.  Details...".  When I click Details I get this:  

"Cannot Get Mail.  The mail server "imap.comcast.net is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.  Server code "ALERT", server message "Temporality blacklisted IP Address - try again later".  

Curious if others see this same message and if Xfinity has suggestions on how to fix the problem.  

2 Messages

6 days ago

Update - turns out my issue was an IP address conflict.  Email worked on different network.  Sorry but my comments will not help resolve this issue.  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We still appreciate the update @user_49fywq! Are you still having issues accessing your email on those other networks?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 days ago

Starting this week Oct 7, 2024, my email on iPhone would not bring up email from Comcast, says at the bottom "Account Error: Cannot Get Mail, The user name or password for "mail.comcast.net" is incorrect.   I would restart the iphone and then the email would work, until Thursday.  Now I just get the error.  I can send emails out from the email, but nothing comes in.  I logged into Xfinity and verified password is still good.  I've always had the Third Party access checked.  It seems odd it would sporadically work after logging off and on again to the iPhone, but now it doesn't.  Help?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @RobbyRob! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your email, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

It is a little unusual that you needed to restart your phone to get things working correctly. Have you already tried deleting and re-adding your email account to the phone app?

3 Messages

2 days ago

Today, Sunday 10/13 - suddenly email connection (on mac device) was lost and was asked for password.  Password was not recognized (even on web application so changed password on web application.  Web application can send and receive mail but mac devices cannot.  Will not recognize password.  Turned 3rd party switch off and on again to no avail.   Please fix. (asap) Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_2cpbbo - You've reached the right place for help! What cleint are you using to access your email, and have you tried updating your password? Are you able to access your email via Xfinity Connect?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here