Pata41's profile

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, May 4th, 2023 11:18 PM

Closed

Xfinity mobile Assurant trade in issues

Edit/update

I filed a complaint with the BBB last night and received a phone call from xfinity today. I was told that on their end the trade in was not canceled and the issue would be resolved. If it is not corrected before the next billing it would be put in manually.  So I guess it's an answer.

I traded in my pristine S21 5g, it was received at the warehouse on March 30th. I never received a email stating it was received and my account never showed it received. I called several times and was told it will be 24 hrs then 48 hrs, then 7 days then 30. I spoke with a supervisor and was told they were running hehind to just be patient. I asked for something in writing that they had my phone ( they were able to pull it up and see that it was there). I was told that they would call me back in a day or two and have the issue resolved. Instead they canceled my trade in!!!! The supervisor I spoke with last night told me she would "fix it" by submitting a ticket and would have an answer in 24 to 48 hrs. I have no idea if it is an answer as to why it was canceled, if it could be reversed or what exactly. Then i was told not to call back and waste "my time". I feel robbed. They have my phone, I have no trade in. I luckily took pictures of the phone front and back an turned on. I am at a complete loss. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I have been with them for over7 years and was a happy customer.  Does anyone have and ideas on what I can do?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Ditto - they received 2 of my phones 3/25 (tracking numbers to prove it), still no credit, etc.  Have called, IM'd, etc - every time the assure me that Assurant has received the phones, told me 2 weeks, then 30 days, then 30-60 days.  It has been 6+ weeks and nothing.  They gave me a number to call for Assurant but it is just a claim number if you have their insurance, you can't get through to a human.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same Here, they received my 2 phones almost 3 months back in March 17 ,2023, Until now i have called 4 times to xfinity mobile customer service, Every time they will check with Assurant and say that they are updating the system.

Today they came up with another story that their bosses are aware of Assurant issue and are working to resolve this, This is so frustrating to be one call for 30 to 40 minutes and no solution. 

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I had exactly the same issue.  I sent in two phones, since the xfinity store that processed my order was not able to accept the trade ins.  After four months one phone was credited. The other was not   After six tries of chatting and calling xfinity, and many transfers, I was finally told that I have to go to an xfinity store to resolve this.  I have wasted perhaps ten hours trying to get this resolved, and am still getting charged full price for my new phone.  The nearest xfinity store is 52 miles away!

[Edited: "Solicitation"/"Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I'm in the same boat. I called Xfinity and was told to go to the Xfinity Store that shipped my trade-in to Assurant. I went to the Xfinity Store where they confirmed Assurant received my phone more than 2 months ago. They gave me a number to call. I called Assurant and was kicked off the line because I'm not an Assurant customer. I submitted a form and received this: "I apologize for any miscommunication; you have contacted the cellular protection department and we are unable to assist with trade-in transactions. For more information, please contact Xfinity Mobile Customer Support at (888) 936-4968."

Running circles.

1 Message

9 months ago

Has anyone gotten anywhere with Assurant?  I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Xfinity Mobile support because the IMEI # of the trade-on device I sent supposedly didn't match what was shown.  So they aren't accepting it.  The device make/model definitely was correct.  Xfinity claims they can't see anything in the Assurant system, and has no way of contacting them.  Has anyone found a number to get a hold of Assurant?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @jacobsstcg. I found this article that may help you contact Assurant. Xfinity Mobile Protection Program Contact

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

9 months ago

Same thing is happening to me. I ordered an iphone 14 and had to ship back my iphone 11 for a $600 credit. We had an Xfinity store employee inspect the phone, identify it as in good condition, and provide the shipping label. We have USPS confirmation that Assurant received the phone. But nothing has happened and we are being charged full price for the iphone 14. I spent an hour on chat today with Xfinity and have called their customer service number and Assurant's number many times but can't get anyone to speak to me. We feel completely defrauded.  It's crazy to get online and see so many people experiencing the same thing...

2 Messages

9 months ago

I sent an iphone14 pro 9/22/2023 still no word as to where it is, next time i am going back to Gazelle thanks xfinity i am out 830 dollars.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_uhfmkx, we appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. 

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7? You can also check your claim status through the Pocket Geek® Mobile by Assurant app or through: https://fastclaim.com/xfinitymobile. If you have any trouble tracking your claim, you can call Assurant at (855) 884-9771.

1 Message

9 months ago

I am having the same issue. My phone was appraised for the full trade in value of $425 in person. I was promised the price would reflect in 24h. 72h later I checked and was still being charged the same amount for my new phone. Chatted with xfinity and was told it was 30 days, then that if I was given a trade in value in person the store would have cut me a check on the spot?... and then finally, my trade in didn't exist. All in the same chat. Today I received a check from assurant for $28. Unbelievable. Seems like the only way to get this actually worked through is to file with the BBB, which I'll do tomorrow. After this, we will be leaving xfinity mobile. I don't know what happened to this process and company but it is enough to go back to our old service.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same here - phone mailed in 10/23/23 and rec’d 10/26/23.  Was told I would be credited within 72 hours and nothing.  Phone had to be received by them by 11/9/23 so we will see what happens within the next 8 days but I have no confidence after reading these posts.  

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

8 months ago

Same here I sent In my trade. In and it was picked up on 10/28 and I have t heard anything at all

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @user_7584d1 have you checked the claim status through the Pocket Geek® Mobile by Assurant app or through: https://fastclaim.com/xfinitymobile. You can also call Assurant at (855) 884-9771. Let us know the results, so we can continue to assist. 

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

I tried the app and the website it has no info.  I tried chat on Xfinity mobile no help.  I tried chat on assurian website and they say they only deal with warranty repairs they don’t handle trade ins 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I'm dealing with the same issue and it's so frustrating!! I have tried calling but cannot get through to an actual person. I have chatted 4 times now. The first time they said it was just not processed yet and takes 15 business days to be processed by Assurant (it had been over a month), i was told to be patient. The 2nd time I was told that they received and processed my trade-in and "rest assured" my credit would be applied shortly. A couple days later I got an email that my trade-in was cancelled. I chatted in again and was told the email was an error and again, "rest assured" it would be applied shortly. Chatted in again today and was told that the trade-in has failed and I was told to contact Assurant directly, the number they gave me is for Assurant claims, and i could not get through to a person. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

iPhone 15 Pro Max is released. Xfinity Mobile offers 830.00 trade.  We take 2 IPhone 13 Pro Max to Xfinity Store. They examine, confirm pristine condition. Place order for the 15 pro max.  Phones are shipped to us. Receive email for 1 trade mailing label. Had to fight to get mailing label for second phone.

Send one phone in but two weeks later received it back stating “Not accepted, will not turn on”. WHAT!  Turns on fine, sold on marketplace for 650.  A loss of 180 from xfinity.

Sent second phone in, received email “accepted for $383.00” They sent us a check. I said NO, The offer is for 830 for perfect phone.  Filed a claim for them to fix the problem.  Didnt hear back.  Called xfinity, they said send in phone and they will apply 830 over two years.   They already have the phone and sent me 383.00. They say they can’t find transaction with assurant. Are you kidding me!! This whole thing is a joke!!!! And we are out $627.00 in trade value.

I am keeping this short to spare everyone the details. Many, MANY calls to customer service, and trips to the store only to be frustrated in the ignorance.  

2 Messages

My iphone14pro was lost in the mail with assurant shipping label so i cannot make a claim because it is not my label. Been on the phone with xfinity for hours with no resolution. I GIVE UP WILL BE SHOPPING FOR NEW PHONE CARRIER AND CABLE SERVICE. SHAME ON YOU XFINITY.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @user_uhfmkx! Thanks for taking the time to visit XFINITY over our forums page for help with the lost phone in the mail. We appreciate you for how much time you spent on this. I never like waiting on hold so I understand the inconvenience that this can cause. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We will surely miss your business. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you also tried reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

7 Messages

8 months ago

I sent in my phone.... Assurant claimed it had "physical damage" and sent it back to me.  It was literally in pristine condition with no damage whatsoever.  I've been lied to so many times by Xfinity... on the phone, on their chat and at the local xfinity store... I've lost count.  I've been promised a credit on the monthly bill... I've been promised an $830 lump sum credit on my bill... they just flat out lie to get rid of you.  They should be ashamed.

Today, I was told that the "physical damage" was that I didn't turn off the "Find my Iphone".  Okay... a normal company would let you turn it off and send it back in to get the credit.  Not Xfinity... they have a "you can try once" policy and after that, your trade in options are over.  I can, however, use the phone to trade in on another phone... Gee, thanks, Xfinity.  It's almost worth it to go to Verizon... which is who Xfinity uses anyways... Just cut out the middle man...

7 Messages

8 months ago

Update:  Spent literally all afternoon yesterday trying to resolve this.  I was told by both the agent at the store AND by Xfinity Mobile that I needed to contact Assurant directly.  Called Assurant and they said that Xfinity did NOT give them that authority to talk to customers directly, all they did was evaluate trade-ins and transferred me back to Xfinity Mobile.  Xfinity Mobile was of no help whatsoever, was uncaring, basically rude and said there was nothing they could do and to call Assurant.  When I explained this to them, they gave me a different Assurant number.  Again, Assurant said they couldn't help me and that was Xfinity Mobile was doing was simply passing me off to simply get me off the phone.  Gee, that's nice.  Was told that I couldn't turn the phone in and go to Verizon because too much time had passed, even though I was promised an $830 credit for the trade in phone and wouldn't have to pay that much of the new Iphone's price.  That, to me, seems like fraud.  As a condition of purchasing the new phone, I was told I could trade in the old phone.  That hasn't worked, most likely because Assurant and Xfinity are in cahoots to basically cheat folks out of their trade in's.  It sure seems that way.  So now I'm stuck paying full price for an Iphone 15 and I can't turn it in because Xfinity and Assurant are not honoring one of the conditions of purchasing the new phone. But they were kind enough to tell me I could use the Iphone12 that I was trading on as a trade in on another Iphone 15.  Why would I need 2 Iphone 15's?  This whole ordeal is beyond ridiculous and reeks of being nothing more than a scam.  Of course, posting on it here is also useless, because I see Xfinity agents address other customers, none have ever addressed mine.  That's really, really good customer service if you ask me.  Okay, done.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_3i515r we hate to hear that this has been your experience with this claim. Find my iPhone must be turned off anytime you are providing a device over to us for any reason since this essentially locks the device to only be able to be used by you, would make us be unable to repurpose the device. The rest of your experience with this claim is not ideal, and we definitley want to ensure that we do all we can to help turn this experience around for you! Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and address so we can explore some options of getting this resolved?

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

Here for the party. They also have screwed me for a trade in that I sent in, was received and evaluated. I received an email saying that my credits would start within 30 days. 3 bills later, no credits. I have also spent hours being bounced around by chat and telephone agents. I called assurant directly and they did not have my number registered because I do not have insurance through them. There is no where to turn. This trade in bs is scam. I hate xfinity so much. 

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

@radioryan​ Same issue here...I received the email that credits would be applied in 30 days.  That was about 7 weeks ago.  No credits, and spent hours chatting with people online, texting and spent 1.5 hours in the store.   Has anyone tried filing a lawsuit in small claims court?

16 Messages

Please contact me if you do. [Edited: "Inflammatory"/"Language"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

@nadinenay2 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to assist you with any account concerns you may have. Have you reached out to our mobile partners through the following options:
• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile
Our XFINITY Mobile partners are available daily from 7 am to 9 pm EST. 

1 Message

7 months ago

Same here! My phone was received in York, PA on September 27th 2023. I have spoken to 5 or 6 different people who all tell you something different. They say Assurant needs to help you, you call Assurant and they say no, Xfinity needs to help you. None of them know what they are talking about and good luck trying to understand them! I've asked NUMEROUS times to speak to a supervisor to no avail. What kind of company is this?? I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, Attorney Generals office and the FCC. This is FRAUD!! Where is my credit??

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hey there, @user_7bqdri thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Xfinity Mobile concerns. Have you already been in contact with our Xfinity Mobile team through all of their methods at,

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

same issue. Terrible program. Tracked trade to Assurance, provided tracking to xfinity. Elevated ticket from 2 to 1. Still ongoing issue and nearly 6 months later no credit. So upset and so bad service. It is coming into Christmas. I bought another phone, not tied to Xfinity in the meantime. I have bills and was counting on that credit.   I am thinking to cancel all my services now.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I am sorry to hear you have been having this issue @user_9989b6 Have you reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below?

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here