U

Thursday, January 18th, 2024 11:03 PM

Closed

Xfinity Home remote access

I can no longer arm/disarm my xfinity home security system thru my cellphone.  Why?  This must be fixed.  I have dog sitters who visit my home ever day and I need to be able to disarm to let them in and arm when they leave.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

9 months ago

Hey there, @user_qdbiub thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with your Xfinity Home remote access. Have you tried doing any troubleshooting already? Have you tried restarting your Xfinity Home touchscreen?

8 Messages

5 months ago

Home Security Remote Access

The xfinity Home app has been discontinued and the new xfinity app doesn't provide the ability to arm and disarm the home security system.

I've spent about an hour yesterday at the xfinity store and the lady was on the phone trying to get help. It seems the new app cannot do this.

Its critical for me to have this remote feature.

If xfinity security cannot provide this ability anymore then please say so. Spent another hour online as well with no luck.

Its unbelievable to me that a new app can be released without even checking for backward compatibility of features.

Whole thing seems a sham.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_4h98s5​ thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post, I completely understand the importance of being able to arm/disarm your security system remotely. I know that we are in the process of moving all the features inside the Xfinity App. When checking online I'm still seeing the Xfinity Home App being mentioned for arming and disarming, scroll to the bottom of page and it's in the right corner: https://www.xfinity.com/apps

I'm also able to download the Xfinity Home App inside the Apple App store, and log in. Do you receive any kind of messaging when trying to access the Xfinity Home App? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Yes I do. Another screen immediately comes up and says Home has moved to the Xfinity App. I have the App and there is no option for Home. Please restore Home until migration is completed.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_v725rl Welcome to our community forum. I definitely want to make sure you're able to manage your Xfinity Home service from the app. What level of Home Security are you subscribed to? Is it self-monitored or professionally monitored? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 months ago

We are having the same issue - Xfinity Home app doesn’t work - it forces you to the regular Xfinity app. There is no alarm access!!! What’s up, Xfinity!?!? Remote access is vital to our being able to use the service 

8 Messages

4 months ago

Dear xfinity

If there is no plan to reinstate remote capability let me know asap.  I'll have to stop your service and move to another vendor who does provide.

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

3 months ago

Hello all! 

I just wanted to confirm that the Xfinity Home App is definitely still in use for our customers who have Xfinity Home Professionally monitored service.  It's the go-to app for Arming and Disarming your system, checking system activity, setting up rules and more.  You can also check on your cameras here and view motion clips - but we do suggest Pro Protections customers use the Xfinity App to view cameras.  The Xfinity app offers 24/7 Video customers a full timeline of events (which can be filtered by People, Vehicles, and Pets), ability to set motion notifications and more!

For customers who use Xfinity Home Self-Protection services, everything is done exclusively through the Xfinity App.

If you are a Pro Protection customer and having issues accessing the Xfinity Home app, I would first suggest uninstalling the app and then reinstalling from the app store.  If you are experiencing login issues or other errors accessing the Xfinity Home app after that, please contact us - that is an issue we would want to work to resolve!

(edited)

1 Message

Unfortunately, I just tried your suggestion of deleting and redownloading the Xfinity Home app and after logging in, I’m only given the option to use the Xfinity app- which, like others have noted, does not support using the alarm system remotely. No heads up to customers or employees (since no one seems to know what’s going on) really sux :(

8 Messages

@XfinityBecker​ The question was NOT answered.  Clearly Xfinity seems to be doing FALSE advertising.  The claim is that if you install the home security one can remotely arm/disarm. This feature has been removed after we were all transitioned to xfinity app. This does not allow remote smart phone app based arm/disarm

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

If you have Xfinity Home Pro Protection, you should definitely have access to the Xfinity Home (XH) app, as well as the Xfinity App.  In the XH app, we do prompt customers to try the Xfinity App for monitoring cameras, but you should still have full access to Arm, Disarm, and otherwise manage your system from the XH app.

If you don't have access, please double check that the Xfinity ID you're logging in to the XH app with is associated to the account where you have Xfinity Home Pro Protection services.  If you moved recently, or if you manage multiple accounts with one Xfinity ID, it's possible that your Xfinity ID is not set to manage the account with Pro Protection service.

To check, visit customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account/linked-accounts. Log in with the same Xfinity ID and Password you're using with the XH app.  Click "Edit" next to your account number and make sure the Service Address matches the location of your Xfinity Home service.  If you see multiple addresses, click "Make this Default" next to the account number for the location where you have Xfinity Home Service.  The XH app will use the Default account for the Xfinity ID you're logging in with.  If you do make a change on Xfinity.com, sign out of the XH app, and then sign back in.

I hope that helps!

8 Messages

3 months ago

We are a country full of legal folks. I wish some lawyer would pick up this issue of false advertisement and go after xfinity to either change their ad and say remote arm/disarm is not possible or have it fixed.  I've called multiple times and been on the phone for hours.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_4h98s5, Oh, no. I definitely understand the inconvenience that this has caused with not being able to use the app to remotely arm/disarm the home security at this time. The great thing is at Comcast your experience is our number one product and we are always striving for technological innovation as the fastest and most reliable service provider in the market. Even though this feature is not available now, it may become available within the XFINITY app in the near future. In the meantime, we provide other fabulous options that can arm and disarm the security. Here is a great link to more details on the 4 other ways to use this function. Please let me know if this was helpful.

1 Message

Home app still doesn’t work. Being able to monitor doors being opened and remotely arming and disarming is the only reason I have this.  If it is no longer available then I need to cancel.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_co04vt Please try uninstalling the app and then installing it again, you may want to also restart your device before reinstalling.

8 Messages

Folks, It finally works for me. They have to enable it one person at a time.
I've tried the uninstall / install too many times. That does not work.   You have to call the xfinity service line and they will connect you to the home app group. They will enable the app on individual basis.

I told the lady helping me that it is the dumbest way a company can release new upgrades. The engineering manager needs to be fired and replaced.  I spent over 8-9 hours over 2 months and additionally standing in xfinity shop  for hours trying to fix it.  The fix just takes 10 mins if you get the right person.   

XFINITY Official employees need to get trained on what to do when a person calls. They should not be giving this lame procedure as above. Rather stupid. They made me uninstall and install at least 10 times or more. I suggest that the employees escalate the issue internally to get trained.   
Xfinity has to pay me back for at least 4 months when I could not use the home app. Essentially I never used the security - why I paid monthly for this I don't know.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_4h98s5 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have our Xfinity home system as well and understand the importance of being able to arm your system. 

We have two apps and I want to confirm you're using the white Xfinity Home app.

I would like to troubleshoot with you to resolve this. 

Have you uninstalled the app and reinstalled it?

Does this happen on multiple devices or just one?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Xfinity Kei please read the chain above before you make the same reply that has been made by other Xfinity employees. We nya solution here not the same response over and over. It has become very difficult to even find a phone number to call to get the solution the user above had to go through. You all deactivated an app before making the solution available. Now we cannot activate security remotely. 

8 Messages

I called (844)-382-9363.  The operator who picked up the phone was knowledgeable about the problem and connected me to the correct group.  They fixed it in less than 10 minutes while I was one the line.
Like one of our big (unnamed) Bay Area companies did when such a customer problem happened, they fired the entire management chain in the approval ranks. Please insist on this.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_Kem240, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Home service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Do you currently have the Xfinity Home app on your mobile device? Our 'Arm and disarm your Xfinity Home system from the Xfinity Home app' support page will provide information on how to Arm/Disarm the home if you subscribed to our Xfinity Pro Protection services.

8 Messages

2 months ago

In my humble opinion, people with this issue need to ask for money back for the months that the app did not work. The app is indeed advertized as part of their security service. Its not working per the claim - its false advertisement. I hope a lawyer picks this up.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_4h98s5, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app, and I'm happy to help in any way I can. 

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here