U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 4:50 PM

wire down

I have a wire down in my drive way and phone support is unhelpful, how can i get someone out ASAP

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 month ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

user_uaqfdl Thank you so much for using our Forums to let us know what is going on with the downed wire. We are happy to work with you to make sure it gets addressed. Send us a DM so we can look into this!

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ I am not seeing the "Direct Message" icon. I finally found elsewhere that it will not appear to a user until they have made a forum post. You all should mention that in your instructions for others who have searched and found threads like this.

Edited to add: The "Direct Message" icon looks like a "speech balloon" 💬 to the left of the 🔔 (bell) "notifications" symbol and your user icon symbol. Until you have made a post, only those last 2 are present.

(edited)

6 Messages

So I did that, and a few minutes later in that direct message window I received this reply from an employee a few minutes later:

While we can certainly understand your desire to receive assistance with your account, we ask that you only ever post your questions or concerns in our public forum and remain patient for a response. If an employee responds, we ask that you please wait to be invited to direct message them. This will ensure that you get the quickest/best response possible. Due to the nature of forums, the Xfinity Forum has never been designed as a place to receive assistance in "real-time". If you are in need of immediate assistance we ask that you reach out to us via one of the methods shared here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account/ANSWERED-How-to-contact-Comcast/ta-p/3053370. Please note, sending unsolicited private messages to our team, another Official Employee, or any other forum user does violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028) and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379). Please remember, by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those documents as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. We ask that you review those documents thoroughly as continued violations could result in a revocation of a user's Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Thank you in advance for your understanding. 

I am outraged. As I replied to him (with no response yet), multiple forum threads about reporting downed wires give the same instructions to send a Direct Message to "Xfinity Support", as XfinityJorge posted above.

I have an old Xfinity account from service at a previous address. I finally logged into that account. I had resisted doing that, as I wanted to see how a person who does not have an Xfinity service account could report a downed cable.

I then tried reporting via https://support.xfinity.com/chat, and it appeared to recognize the nature of the issue:

• I wrote "downed cable"
  • It popped up a new "Xfinity Assistant" window, saying "I can help you with exterior wiring and cable line questions and concerns. What are you looking for help with today?" along with 2 options to click: "I want to report a safety issue" and "My services aren't working"
  • I clicked on "I want to report a safety issue"
  • It responded "We'll work with you to move any exposed cable or wiring near your home that might pose a risk. Which of these best describes the wiring issue in your area?" with these options (each with a link symbol 🔗 in front): "Tripping or injury risk", "Low-hanging cable is blocking traffic", "Cable wires are laying across streets"
  • I chose "Low-hanging cable..."
  • It opened a new window at https://www.xfinity.com/support/account-management/issue-reporting/?issueType=HAZARDOUS-WIRES&referrer=xa but immediately also had a pop-up saying "Looks like something went wrong / Your information was not submitted."
  • After closing the pop-up, the page had a form which says: "Hi (name). To continue, choose the option that best fits your needs." with these options: "My payment has not posted or was applied to the wrong account", "I think cable wires outside my home pose a safety risk", and "I made a mistake with my payment or have a refund check issue"
  • I checked "cable wires ... safety risk" and clicked on the "Continue" button.
  • That went to a new page saying "Got it. We'll need a little more information to complete your request." with fields filled in with my e-mail address and mobile phone number. Below that was a field with a drop-down menu to choose one of these options: "Outside cable wires present a tripping or injury risk", "Outside cable wires are laying across streets, walkways or vehicles", and "Outside cable wires are obstructing traffic"
  • I chose "... obstructing traffic" and clicked on the "Continue" button
  • That went to a new page saying "Please confirm the information below" with the information in the 3 fields as I had filled them (with options to edit them). I clicked the "Submit" button.
  • Again got the pop-up "Looks like something went wrong / Your information was not submitted."

I tried that with 3 different web browsers, all with the same result.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here