U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 30th, 2023 8:39 AM

Closed

Why is Xfinity customer service so incredibly POOR and horrible?

Problems started June 1st and after 9 tech support visits, supervisor visits, 9 cable cards, advanced repair team tickets, poor overseas support and script reading and the problem is still not resolved.  I can’t believe Xfinity can get away with this.  Yes you read that right.  3 months of craziness and the problem is still not fixed.   No one to contact to express our concerns about the poor service.  Ironically the billing works like clockwork and if you threaten to cancel your service you get a live person immediately.  How convenient.   

First off, move your support team to the US when the people can understand one another.   Secondly send you csr’s to training on how to properly address customers and use a headset that doesn’t sound like it’s hanging around their ankles.  Stop reading the scripts and listen to what the customer is saying, just repeating it doesn’t mean understanding.     Learn how to transfer a call to the right department.   Supervisors shouldn’t let their voicemail boxes fill up and then forget it’s filled up as an excuse not to return calls or prevent customers from leaving further messages.  These are just a fraction of what I’ve experienced in this nightmare of dealing with Xfinity customer support.  Is this really good customer service?    I think not.

I’m beginning to get the feeling that Xfinity is only interested in the dollar and not the customer.   Anything to avoid any commitment or ownership of any problem.   It’s really very very pathetic!

And Xfinity wonders why people are cutting the cord.   This is why!    POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!  Should be a law against this.  Come on Xfinity.  Get your act together!

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

1 year ago

@user_ae4200 We appreciate your time in reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. This is never the experience we want for our valued customers. I know cable cards can sometimes be problematical to troubleshoot, however we are here to provide support and stick with you until the concern is fully resolved. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 Press Enter to send it

1 Message

Same problem… my blood pressure goes up at the thought of having to deal with Xfinity Support. What would take 3 minutes w an actual support HUMAN is no longer available. 

Over the past month I’ve logged 7+ hours trying to get a simple question answered. I’m at the point where I’m not paying my bill unless I do get that service. 

I’ll start w this process here but have no faith it will work - I worked in IT support services and we’d have been fired immediately had we abused our customers like Comcast/Xfinity does

1 Message

Me too. Rotten customer service  [Edited: All Caps]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for posting on our community forums, @user_bb4x9m. We'd like to help with any service concerns. What specific issues are you experiencing? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityBillie​ The long list of excrement written by the Xfinity rep, describing how to get through really says it all. If you get to a person, they seem like they are trying. 

1 Message

Right but they [Edited: Language] $600 out of you.

(edited)

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have had a similar experience to yours in the 3 months I’ve been trying to resolve a problem with Xfinity Mobile.  All the csr can do is read a script and guarantee “excellent customer service” when they provide exactly the opposite.  I find it amazing that xfinity is even in business with such gross incompetence. It almost seems that their inability to provide any service is intentional. This has been the worst customer service experience of my 66 year long life.  I’m about ready to just pay off my phones do I can get as far away from this horrible company as possible.

1 Message

Why wouldn't they be in business? It's essentially a monopoly in many areas, and has been almost a full monopoly for decades. 

5 Messages

@user_a71832​ I agree. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. They refuse to address problems. 

(edited)

2 Messages

1 year ago

They love to say, “Please be assured that you have reached the right person to assist you” Well, apparently not since I was transferred 5 times snd no one assisted me!  Xfinity has to learn to quit just saying the words, and actually perform.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_a71832 Good morning! We appreciate you taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. We are always looking for ways that we can improve our customers experiences with doing business with Xfinity. We want to be sure that your equipment, services, and support tools work at they are intended. I would be delighted to look into your issue further, and get you in the right direction for a resolution. To get started, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, the mobile numbers associated with your account, and the nature of your concern? 

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same exact experience! The Xfinity chat is worthless and takes an hour to get on the phone with someone, to run through the same exact steps I just took multiple times, to finally have someone come out. Then a temporary 100$ charge is placed on your bill for “installation” when clearly I do not need services installed. Without going into details my hardwired, Ethernet connection intermittently drops out. There has already been technician visits and I’ve tried several new modem/routers including the xfinity one I have installed now. I contact customer service and they don’t know what is charged or what could be charged. Then Xfinity had the audacity to try and sell me their cell phone service. Why on earth would I buy their new device when their main service is broken.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Mgilz34 Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team to bring your service and billing concerns to our awareness. I'd be happy to take a closer look into your internet connection and services, and see what the next best step would be in getting it working properly; along with your installation charge. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and service address? 

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

The above canned response over and over. Exactly the problem.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yep ... I got the same robot response!

1 Message

1 year ago

I agree. Xfinity is terrible. Can’t reach customer service and keep raising prices. Horrible company 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_u8qdcu! Our team would love the opportunity to turn this experience around. You mentioned prices increasing, were you trying to reach customer service to look at new promotional options or are you experiencing technical issues?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Agree. Customer service cant be worse. They do everything possible to prevent you from talking to a person, even using computer technology to pretend to be a person. The computer simply sends a website link which I could have done myself if the site could have helped.  The website can't fix outages from old cable lines installed in the mid 2000s. We pay a ton of money, according to Comcast Xfinity reports their profits continue to go up, meaning they're making lots os money. No excuse for their performance!

1 Message

1 year ago

Service is unbelievably bad. It's like a reality TV show where they make up the worst possible service to see how people will react. Whoever runs it should be fired, but they probably make a big salary. I'm sure technology will eventually sort this out and make xfinity obsolete since they could care less about their customers.

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hey there @user_g7wss7 , we would be happy to help with any service issues you may have. What are you experiencing?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have never experienced such poor customer service; it makes me wonder if Xfinity doesn't need my business anymore  because possibly they are supported by our government?  There is no reasonable answer; obviously customer service is not their priority anymore.  Perhaps if they have a major exodus of customers, things might change, but I doubt it

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@tdavis1234 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We'll need you to send us a Direct Message with your full name and address and a description of what you need assistance with. We'll be happy to help you in any way we can. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you.

2 Messages

This is what we get when there's no interest in protecting the consumer from monopolies. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Their customer service have honestly gotten worst. I’ve called multiple times with xfinity mobile for what seems like a simple problem. Four times, they lied and told me it was fixed as of today the problem is still there! We live in an era where you don’t have to provide good service and still get paid because of their ridiculous “policies and contracts” that [Edited: "Language"] you over and over again. I’m at the store now waiting, probably won’t help. 

(edited)

1 Message

1 year ago

This complaint is very much true in my experience as well.  I am in my 80's and I believe Comcast could care less about customer service especially for those of us folks who are elderly and hard of hearing.  Recently my husband moved into assisted living and had no internet connection for his computer.  When I called Xfinity to find out how much this would cost I was put in touch with someone who said she was just the person to take care of me and before I knew it (well actually 2 1/2 hours later) I had not only agreed to the network internet service, but to transferring our phones over to Xfinity mobile as well.  Which meant getting new phones, blah, blah, blah.......  From there it has been a nightmare.  I have been wanting to cut the cord with Comcast for the past 10 months because of my interrupted tv service, instead, I now have two accounts.  One for my internet and tv and one for my husbands internet and mobile phones.    Xfinity has left me dozens upon dozens of messages on my phone and on my computer over a five day period, some saying my appointment has be scheduled, some say "action required within 72 hours," some say my "order has been canceled" and some say your internet has arrived."   At first I tried talking to your representatives who speak so fast and with such a heavy accent and for someone who is hard of hearing it is a tangled maze of words, repeated over and over and I only can understand a few.  I did finally get someone, a very kind woman, who listened and helped me schedule a technician to set up my husbands internet.  I was very grateful.  To be quite frank,  dealing with comcast is like a trip to crazy land - that's exactly where I've been these past few days on the phone with your representatives.  It's amazing how a company can be so insensitive to the elderly, or to any customer of any age, and get by with it.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Comcast has horrific customer service. I have been with Comcast for 7 years and will terminate my account at the end of this year. I transferred my service on 9/28/23 and still cannot get customer service to give me accurate information, such as what is my current account number! I have made numerous calls and is always referred to chat(no help). I requested a call from customer service, never happens.

Recommendation: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH COMCAST!

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @user_brlqwj To find your account number, simply sign in to Account and Identity on xfinity.com and your account number will appear under Account Details. Only Primary and Manager user profiles can view the full account number. If you are not sure what your Xfinity ID is you can head over to this link https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup?execution=e1s1 to locate it. 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have been with Comcast for several years. And I am over it the worst customer service experience ever.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

@user_brlqwj If you're needing any further assistance, then my team can help. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

11 months ago

We are having a difficult time with xfinity too . For years and years it has been wonderful . The last 6-9 months it is constantly bouncing out of internet knocking our phones to lte and many days it has been all day before any relief . They will be happy to charge you  for a technician to fix their  equipment . Isn’t that so ridiculous. 
I am fed up with it . When the cell phone is paid off I am cutting the cord, 

and keeping my 293.00 a month just for internet because I don’t use the camera (that costs more) and I am to a point that I can say Xfinity has become the worst cable company out there . Pitiful and sickening . Then You add my cell phone plan on top of that 293. So they are gouging us to death . 
It’s embarrassing for you Comcast 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_ttiqqx Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. I am happy to assist you with your account. If you would like further assistance with your bill or support for your internet services please let us know. 

1 Message

11 months ago

THE WORST! Spoke to a "supervisor" today who was incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional. Would not recommend Xfinity to anyone for anything. 

2 Messages

11 months ago

There is no way to solve a problem with this company. When you finally do get to an agent there is a communication problem. Either the agent doesn’t understand the problem or one cannot understand them because they have heavy foreign accents. I’ve been a loyal customer for many many years. I don’t appreciate being treated this way. I finally went to the nearest xfinity store. I thought he solved my problem only to find out now that I cannot record more than one show at s time. Before I could record 4. So now I’m going to miss programs that are important to me. I’m so utterly upset with this company. They are going to lose my business. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, user_nx02nx! I'm sorry you're having issues recording more than one program and that you've had issues getting this resolved. If you're open to it, I'd be more than happy to take a look and see what I can find. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

2 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​  Dint you think when the guy at the store helped me with my programming problem he should have told me I was going to lose my recording option? I did finally get someone on the phone who added the recording option back into my service. I think everything is resolved. However, if suddenly Netflix or Hulu is no longer available through Comcast why was I not informed and why didn’t my bill go down? All of a sudden neither are available without explanation. Who [Edited: "Language"] is running things in your company? [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_nx02nx I'm not sure why you don't see the Netflix and Hulu Apps, but I can assure you they are still available through our X1 and Flex boxes. Have you restarted your cable box? You can unplug it for 30 seconds, and restart it. This will refresh your services.

1 Message

Horrible service! Been a customer since 2009 and am about to cancel. MONTHS of getting bounced around with technical support. Technicians come out and give horrible explanations of what is going on and state they need to pass us off to another technician...who doesn't show up. I'm literally on the phone AGAIN with customer service. I think it is time to call time of death.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there @user_4xd7kr  we definitely don't want an almost 15-year relationship to be put to death. Have you had several service visits recently?  We're always here to assist via private messenger anytime.  

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here