U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 1:53 PM

Streaming channels

My channels are not all there it only shows ice channels is where it is stuck

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 days ago

user_fek7sb Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m so sorry you’re having trouble with your channel and understand how this would be frustrating! Let’s go ahead and troubleshoot together to get all your channels back up and running.

Here are a few steps we can try:

1. Restart Your Streaming Device:
    A simple restart can often fix streaming issues. Turn off your device completely, unplug it for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in and turn it on again.

2. Check Your Internet Connection:
    Make sure your device is connected to the internet. You can check your Wi-Fi settings to see if it’s connected to the right network and test the speed using a speed test app or website. A strong and stable connection is key for smooth streaming!

3. Clear Cache and Data:
    If you’re using a specific streaming app (like the Xfinity Stream app), try clearing the cache and data. This can help resolve issues with loading content. Just go to your device settings, find the app, and look for the options to clear cache and data.

4. Update Your Apps:
    Make sure your streaming app is up to date. Go to your app store and check for any available updates, as these can resolve bugs or compatibility issues.

5. Verify Channel Lineup:
    Make sure your subscription includes the missing channels by checking your Xfinity channel lineup. If something’s off, we can help you review your account to ensure everything’s set up correctly.

If you’ve tried these steps and still can’t get your content to stream, please let me know! I’m here to help you further and make sure you can enjoy your favorite shows and movies without any hassle. Thank you for your patience, and I hope to get you streaming again soon! 😊

3 Messages

Still didn’t help I still cannot get channels how can you help me now. I ride what you said. Can you please help

4 Messages

Xfinity - this is your issue.  Please stop telling us all to check our equipment.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_qaenm0

We do apologize for any inconvenience there is actually a known issue with channels showing our customers need to subscribe

currently our back end team is looking into it to get this issue fixed there's no known ETA at this time but just know our back end team is aware of it and they're working on a fix. We thank you for your patience

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Why not let people know so we don't waste our time?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_1e0db0 You should see an update in the Xfinity app or Xfinity Status Center that mentions the current TV service interruption. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 days ago

Mine is doing the same 

3 Messages

Is your stuff fixed yet

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_fek7sb I am sorry those steps did not work for you. To continue to troubleshoot this and take a closer look at your account. To get started, please send me a direct message with your name, full address, and the primary account holder's name if that is not you.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_443d4b Thanks for reaching out with your streaming concern. I would be happy to help in any way I can. To confirm, did you try the steps listed above to see if it helps get the streaming back to where it should be?

2 Messages

Same problem here and the support chat queue is 700+ deep.

I've tried from multiple computers and devices. Restarted, cleared caches, signed out and back in. Nothing works. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same here. My channels are back but DVR cloud recordings are gone and nothing I’ve scheduled for recording in the future is recording. Can’t reach a human for help. Paying for a product and service that doesn’t work or care. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 days ago

Same issue here. What’s taking so long to get a response from these people.

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

@user_73a28b Have you attempted the steps outlined in the first response on this thread and still having issues? What troubleshooting steps have you taken from your end? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Uninstalled and installed app. Rebooted device and modem. Issue is software on your end. Have a feeling it has to do with Samsung TVs again. 

1 Message

Mine is doing the same thing. 800 in queue!!!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Why does xfinity not post that they are having issues instead of tie everyone up in a waiting room.

4 Messages

4 days ago

Xfinity - you are having an issue.  It has been at least 4 hours since only channels in the 3000's and TV GO channels are available.  I subscribe to ALL CHANNELS and I cannot access any normal channels.

I only stream - haven't had boxes for almost a year.

Please help to get this resolved and to reply with a comment that is helpful.  My equipment is fine.

2 Messages

I did reach a rep. After the same typical [Edited: "Language"] for 30 minutes they said there was an issue and they were pushing a new firmware in an hour. Firmware seems odd unless they are claiming it is the X1 router. Either way they claimed 60 minutes and that was over 2 hours ago. Still no service.

(edited)

1 Message

@user_qaenm0​ I’m having the same issues. Have you channels been restored yet?

1 Message

4 days ago

We have the same issues.

8 Messages

I have the same issues using apple tv and Roku box since 8:00am this morning. Comcast if this is a global issue why didn’t u tell people online and provide status? You are wasting peoples time trying to call your tech support line.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

This is not the experience we want, user_l4bke5! Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested on this thread? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We do understand your frustrations, user_lzfb5c, and we are working as quickly as possible to restore full function to all affected channels/stations. 

1 Message

Same issue here. I have tried every step you’ve given towards a solution in the forum messages above. Still nothing. Can we please get a real solution??

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out through Xfinity Forums, user_2cmr0y. There is a known issue currently on going, and we are aware of this issue. Our engineering team is working to get this resolved for you as soon as possible. We appreciate your continued patience. 

1 Message

4 days ago

Xfinity stream has been down all day. How is that even possible for a company the size of Comcast? I tried to chat online with an agent and got a message that there are 3138 people ahead of me. Good thing I can watch the game tonight on Prime Video. Fortunately it is working fine.

8 Messages

Finally was able to resolve the issue when a senior Comcast tech called. They have to send a signal to my Comcast gateway (I suspected that he probably download a new firmware), reset the gateway. Then I have to sign out and sign in to the Xfinity streaming apps again, neither problem is now resolved. If you folks still have the same issue, unfortunately you need to request a tier 2 tech to call you. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_e4c1f3 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We’ve identified the issue affecting some customers’ Xfinity TV services and are working as quickly as possible to restore service. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 days ago

Same issue still, only channels in the 3000's and TV GO channels are available. On stream as well as my X1 device. Lost my normal access to HBO/MAX as  well !!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @BdyGlv Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We’ve identified the issue affecting some customers’ Xfinity TV services and are working as quickly as possible to restore service. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

2 Messages

4 days ago

The “chat with a live agent” is over 3,000 people deep. <Edited: Language> This has been an issue all day and they can’t notify their customers? Neither my Roku or smart TV work. I have restart, re-logged in and everything. Comcast needs to Stop blaming customers for their massive network issue. Fix it <Edited: Language>

(edited)

8 Messages

You need to call their 800 number and get a live agent to call you back. I have to wait for an hour but only a high level live agent can resolve it. Mine agent has to send a signal to my gateway, reset it, then you have to sign out and sign back in to the Xfinity streaming apps. Then those live channel will show up. Good luck.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Greetings, user_mray3b! I apologize that your channels have not been working. Our engineers are hard at work as we speak. We will update the thread when we see it has been resolved so you can try the service again. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! I understand this is a frustrating one to get through! 

2 Messages

So do we NEED to call the 800 number or will this get fixed on its own at some point?

2 Messages

@user_lzfb5c​ Thanks for the reply. More than I have gotten from Comcast. 🙂

1 Message

so do we NEED to call the 800 number or will this get fixed on its own at some point?

1 Message

4 days ago

Please update on the status of streaming issues.  It has been over 12 hours and you are not providing any answers.  Is this being addressed, when can we expect to see it resolved? Can you please inform us, it is getting very frustrating to follow all the directions you offer and still not be able to stream.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_7l9pmf We are aware of the issue with the Xfinity Stream app it is also impacting customers not using the app as well and we appreciate your patience while our team of engineers works to resolve the issues and restore services. With that, you can check out our Xfinity status center Estimated times posted there are updated in real-time and is the same information we have on our end. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 days ago

so do we NEED to call the 800 number or will this get fixed on its own at some point?

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

user_1e0db0 Are you seeing an error code or message being displayed? 

1 Message

4 days ago

Mine is still out amd que is 3000 deep. This was supposed to be resolved by now. Fix the issue and also refund your customers for loss of time since they can not use what they have paid for.

4 Messages

4 days ago

Curious - obviously everyone cannot get through.  Xfinity - please advise ETA on resolution of this.  Or do we truly need to call to eventually get this fixed?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 days ago

Streaming channels just resumed. When can I expect a refund for the service being down all day?

4 Messages

Mine have not and yes we'd like to know about refunds 

1 Message

4 days ago

Same issues all day, followed THEIR recommendations NO HELP, utterly RIDICULOUS for the price u pay, they try to make us look like FOOLS when u know it's on your end, PLEASE refund me my LOST time that I put in on working on SOMETHING I have NO control over PLUS refund me my bill for YOUR error!!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_eo9zqt, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your services. There was a known issue on our end, and we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

1 Message

4 days ago

Same thing has happened all day. Reset router, uninstall and installed signed in and out. Nothing when is this going to be fixed. I don't have all night to wait in a cue of 3000 people nor should I have to when this is clearly a y'all issue. 

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, user_uwqzq7! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having when trying to stream channels. Looks like account refreshes may have taken place, can you please let us know if you are still having issues? If you are, feel free to send us a DM by click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you,

4 Messages

I am having the same issues as everyone else.  Yesterday I was told I had too many devices streaming. Only 1 device streams in my house so that was bogus.  Today none of my PAID subscriptions are showing up.  I'd like a refund of my $$ and more importantly my TIME for all of the house I spent online with agents who had no idea there was a wider problem.  Would like a response from Xfinity here please!

Official Employee

• 

945 Messages

Hi there, @user_697ie1! We would be more than happy to work with you to get service up and running and provide a credit for the service not being able to be used. Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get started. Thanks! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here