U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 11:37 AM

Refurbished Arris Surfboard SBG10 Will Not Connect to Comcast Internet

I recently purchased a refurbished Arris Surfboard SBG10 off of Amazon. It seems to be in perfect condition and all the front lights work. I can set it up in the Surfboard app and connect to its signal; however, when I connect it redirects me to Xfinity's captive Wifi page and I don't have internet access. The Xfinity captive page instructs me to activate the modem through the Xfinity app, but when I do this the app gets stuck on "please hold tight we're looking for your device." I called an Xfinity rep and we worked on trying to activate my modem for a few hours but with no success.

After doing some digging, I found this old forum where it seems like other people have had the same issue. A Customer Expert on the forum says it's because Comcast probably considers the refurbished modem/router "stolen/unreturned" and I need to have Comcast remove it from their blacklist. 

Long story short, I'd like an Xfinity rep to refer me to someone at Comcast who can remove my refurbished modem/router from their blacklist and help me activate it.

Thank you to anyone who helps out.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 month ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. Good luck with this !

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

1 month ago

Hi there,

Were you able to add the device to your account using the Xfinity app? If we do not have the device information on our end, your service will not work. Our team is happy to help you get this done! 

4 Messages

When I use the Xfinity app, I follow the procedure for adding a compatible Arris modem. I enter the MAC number and the app shows a screen with loading dots and says "Please Hold Tight. We're looking for your device. Estimated Time: 11 Minutes." I've waited for about 30 minutes and the screen doesn't change.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_7aic8z Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum and for those details. I would be happy to take a look at getting that modem added to your account with you. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Actually, I tried entering a different MAC ID (the HFC MAC ID instead of the GATEWAY MGMT MAC ID) and it seems to have worked. I'll check later when I get home from work.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_7aic8z Awesome, thank you for the update and we will be here if you need us! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

1 month ago

Yep, it works now. Thanks for your help!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_7aic8z - Happy to be of assitance! And, thanks again for letting us know the issue is resolved and all is well.

1 Message

1 month ago

Hi,

Even I purchased the same product from Amazon (Refurbished Arris Surfboard SBG10) and I'm struggling with the same issue. Could someone help me out with this!

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_zjoos0 I would be happy to help in any way I can to get your new device applied to your account. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here