U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, August 13th, 2022 5:45 AM

Closed

50% dscount offer to existing customer

I got a call from [Edited: "Personal Information"] that I am eligible  for a 50% discount on my Xfinity / Comcast account with no changes to my existing service and left the number [Edited: "Personal Information"] to call back. I called the number and was told the offer is for 24 months no conttract and cancellation penalty but I have to prepaid for 6 months at 50% discount from my current monthly service charge this will continue from months 7 to 24.  I told the person I talked to that I want something in writting. The conversation ended without him asking where I want the information to be send. Is this a legitimbe offer?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Did I Get A Scam/Spam Xfinity Sales Call?

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

2 years ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related. Thread moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to the Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@EG

Thank you EG for moving my post to the proper help section. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@EG​ I received same offer, and was rescued by CVS, telling me IT IS A SCAM!!!!

Went to purchase two target credit card cards from CVS.

Told cashier was I was buying target credit cards; she immediately  called her boss to talk to me.

He told me many  experiences of customers calling due to being scammed after doing same.

Whew!  Saved me from headache!  Didn’t need  a scam; seemed legitimate (since Xfinity), but Target I’d not having a promotion with Comcast (as he said)!

Normally, I’m the first to suspect a scam, but CVS did me a great service by informing me immediately their experiences with customers that fell for this scam!

Kudos to CVS!!!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_857c45 Thanks for checking in with us to see if this is a correct offer. It does not sound like it is valid. I have never experienced us requesting for an account to be prepaid for 6 months. Our billing is processed monthly, about a month in advance and payments are most securely managed online under My account or in the My account / Xfinity app. I would not trust this call or provide them with any credit card or account details. If you are interested in having an official Xfinity employee to review your account for options on a new plan we can help you here, but through a direct message for privacy. We would only need your name and serivce address.

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it 

Thank you @EG for getting this post to the right area! ❤️

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ I just received the same call and I let it go to voicemail. The number they are asking me to call is [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Thank you for your answer. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I just got the same scam phone call. Xfinity should not be editing out the phone number. The number is not "Personal Information". It is a scam trying to steal from Xfinity customers. You should publish the number so that other customers can easily find this information and not fall for the scam.

(edited)

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityPaula 

Quite welcome Paula !

Not applicable

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I got a similar offer a few hours ago, but mine was for 36 months.  Had to pay the first six months up front.  The phone number that called me was [Edited: "Personal Information"] and the number I had to call back was [Edited: "Personal Information"].  Sounded too good to be true except for the upfront cost. Because it sounded too good I said No, figuring I would check out the number and the Xfinity website.  Couldn't find any such offer on the website or the phone numbers. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @RonH, we appreciate you reaching out to our Digital Care Team. This indeed does sound too good to be true. We do not offer any promotions where we request our customers to pay up front for any deal. As my fellow peer mentioned, our billing is charged month by month. You can also report and view more information about phone scams here: https://comca.st/3JW8dAP 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I also had this call. It was for 24 months, paying the first 6 months in advance. The phone person said it was a loyalty deal since we have been a customer for 2 years.  also if I went to CVS in the next 100 minutes to get 2 target cards and then called customer service back then an additional $100 would be deducted from my account.   Sure enough I checked my xvinity account and it was showing a $100 credit.  can scammers somehow access our xfinity billing account? 

too good to be true? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @user_8dce27, thank you so much for reaching out to us about these concerns. No one should have access to your account without having your account information

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

so is this offer for real? there is a $100 credit showing in the bill. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I am happy to take a look at your account. Can you please provide me with your first/last name and full service address on a private message. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I, too, received a call and a message offering the same discount. fortunately, I didn't return the call because it sounded too suspicious. However, I'm glad I saw this post.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same here just received same call let it go to voice mail. This is a new phone number and I just signed up with Comcast a few weeks back, so either they got lucky with my number or they getting access to Comcast customer numbers so hope your not selling that info like other companies do. If so this is helping in the scams and fraud. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

To any Official employee of Xfinity / Comcast, It will be a good Customer Service practice if customers be warned that such scam calls are beiing made perhaps post warnings on the Xfinity account page

Contributor

• 

242 Messages

@user_857c45 here are a couple of links to our websites that has more information regarding threats and how to report them: Report Abuse and Alerts.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Does this infomration available on the Xfinity / Comncas Customer Account website? It will be nice to have this information readily available or customer are timely warned of such illegal activites.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I too received a call stating I qualify for a 50% discount on my bill. The offer is for 24 months, and I had to prepay for 4 months with an American Express prepaid card. I laughed at them when they said I had to go to the grocery store to get the pre-paid card. But it is disturbing how the scammers are well repaired with "Xfinity greeting" and phone options making you believe that it's a legit offer.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityRose wrote: "... here are a couple of links to our websites that has more information regarding threats ..."

Those are helpful, but customers who are scammed won't see them until it's too late.

When scammers are especially active competent companies that care about customer safety online put warning and other info on login and home pages where customers are much more likely to see them *before* then get scammed. Is it too much to ask Comcast to do likewise?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We got the same phone call 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same phone call but when call it goes to comcast and they knew my exact bill!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@jasonflannery​ Same here.  He said they would waive my current bill completely, then from now on I would be paying 1/2 of what I normally pay, I asked how it works to pay upfront because my payment is auto-deducted, and I asked him if they would just auto-deduct that 6 months in advance.  He said no, you will have no auto deductions for six months.  I said, "I don't know, this sounds like a scam to me" we got disconnected.  Mysterious, no?  But the thing was, he knew my exact balance.  If he knew that, does he have access to my banking information?  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_1a7c41, and thank you for reaching out about a new scam that seems to have developed. We are asking all customers experiencing this to file a report here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/protect-yourself-phone-scams?linkId=177096985 with any details you can provide to help us locate where this is coming from to stop it please. It also has a link to review our most up to date information about the latest know scams we are aware of. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Xfinity service, I hope that the customers are somehow better protected against these scammers. Someone has been calling our cell phone regularly, and we are not returning their calls. The person is offering 50 percent discount,etc. How is our info leaking out?

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hello. Thank you for letting us know. We ask you please share your experience with the folks who can take the info, and keep record. We have your back 100%, and your account and safety is top priority. I am not seeing anything related to any info being "leaked". 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I called  [Edited: "Personal Information"]  talked to a foreigner , very hard to understand.  Same 6 months up front.  $75 dollars.  That’s more than the “ half” price.   $600 pre pay.  , said no thanks and hung up.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I got the same call and surprisingly when I called back based on my phone number they knew exact details of my pin code and how much my monthly billing is. How is the possible if these are scam calls?? This is highly scary and suspicious. they were offering the same deal that 6 month upfront payment and then 50% off. too good to be true hence I disconnected to do some digging and glad I saw this post. But how they know details about my pin code and billing amount based on my cell phone number??? this is highly concerning and Xfinity needs to look into this right away. Is there is a breach and the scammers have our details? Or they are inside the network and able to access the details??. This is very uncomfortable and needs to be escalated. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello @user_a6425f I completely understand your concern with a phone call you received that might be suspicious. I'd like to review your account to see if there are notes regarding the call, and I can provide an account review to make sure you are in the best rate and plan to fit your needs. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

2 years ago

I also received a phone call today 9/8/2022 about 50% off Xfinity with a phone number to call back , I figured it was not legitimate and I came here to check things out ,  I was hoping it was true because I'm looking to get a little bit better deal ,  since the contract deal I had expired my bill went up considerably.

PS

This is the second time I have received a call about the same thing  , but have not ever called back.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

@HDRock I understand it can be difficult to tell if the calls are legitimate, and we are happy to help. If you could please send us a Private message using the directions above given by Yvonne. We would be happy to look into this closer with you. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I received the same call offering 50% off bill with 6 months up front. HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE GETTING OUR INFO?? This is VERY troubling.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_499292 As a consumer myself I realize how concerning this would be. We would definitely offer you a deal that you required to pay anything up front like that. You can report this and find out more in this link

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_499292​ I have received the same message today. I was hoping it to be true because I have the basics for  $130/mo .  Tried to get the 3 for $50 deal and they couldn't do it online. Time for a new provider. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

HI there!  We are so glad to take a closer look at your current services to see what can be done to get you a new promotional rate.  No worries!  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I received the same voicemail yesterday and the number left was [Edited: "Personal Information"].  And the automated service was legit and sounded like I was calling Xfinity.  Though one thing that I did notice is it said to call between the hours of 8 and 6 pacific time.  I ended up calling back since I thought it was too good to be true.  Same thing - 50% off for two years from existing contract, upfront 6 months payment.   The guy name was Albert.   He asked what my service address was, and what my last bill was...as if he was verifying the account with that information.  After mentioning the upfront, I started questioning and mentioned that it seemed like scam.  He was really selling that its not, and he said he would transfer me to the billing dept  to setup the authorization.  I politely ask how long to do I have, and he said 24 hours.  So I said let me think about it, and hang up.  I've caught in the past a lot scams and phishing calls.  But this one almost got me...this was done professionally.   As others on this thread, I am also a bit concerned.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

Hi there @user_e392df I can certainly understand this being concerning and I am glad that you did not interact further with them. We will never ask for any part of the plan price up front. Even if it's prepaid, it's prepaid per month. You can find a list of our known security concerns here: https://comca.st/3BwmiTb; and we'd be happy to take a look at your account to ensure it's security if you'd like to send us a Direct Message. 

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@XfinityRose @XfinityShan @XfinityJessW @XfinityGabby @XfinityPaula @XfinityRoberto , et al

I know this is just a suggestion and maybe one you can elevate some way, but since this scam has been going on for quite a while now, it would really be beneficial if Comcast/Xfinity did a bit of digging to see how these scammers are operating.  At one point, I think probably the beginning of this, it was all about eBay and certain Visa-type card and it has now slid into what we're currently seeing.  At the very least there should be a notification in everyone's billing statement [which we hope all customers read every month!] notifying about this scam.

At any rate, I want to thank all of you for helping out our customers with this and reminding them they can contact CSA at any time about anything calls they feel aren't trustworthy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here