CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021 3:31 PM

Closed

Xfinity Free TV Week 2021

Starting Tuesday, November 23 through Monday, November 29, Xfinity customers will have access to a huge selection of premium content at no additional cost across X1, Flex, and Stream as part of Free TV Week. 

During Free TV Week, content from premium networks such as HBO Max, STARZ, and EPIX as well as streaming services like Prime Video and Peacock can be viewed by Xfinity customers with no strings attached. 

Here are just a few of the hit movies and shows available to enjoy as part of Free TV Week: HBO Max's Succession and Godzilla vs. Kong, STARZ's Power Book II: Ghost and Outlander, Peacock's Saved by the Bell, Prime Video's Season 1 of Hanna, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Bosch. 

You don't have to do anything to start enjoying Free TV Week. Just say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote to get started, or watch now with the Xfinity Stream app. 

This year, Free TV Week is being presented by Xfinity Rewards. When customers join Xfinity Rewards, they can enjoy a mix of special perks, unique experiences and product benefits. Visit www.xfinity.com/rewards to learn more..

Free TV Week is available to residential Xfinity TV or Xfinity Flex and Internet customers from 11/23/21 to 11/29/21.  Restrictions apply.  Not available in all areas. Peacock Premium has a $4.99/mo. value.  Activation required to access Peacock. Programming subject to change. Streaming content only available in the U.S. © 2021 Comcast.  All rights reserved.  All other copyrights and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I don't get it. It is supposed to be free week. But IE when I click on HBO Max to watch a TV series Young Sheldon. It is wanting me to sign up and nothing is free.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_4f126e 

"Starting Tuesday, November 23 through Monday, November 29, Xfinity customers will have access to a huge selection of premium content at no additional cost across X1, Flex, and Stream as part of Free TV Week."

Are you on X1 or Flex, or do you Stream?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

"click on HBO MAX??" they're not giving you a subscription Lol !! you're allowed to watch content from premium networks such as HBO Max, STARZ, and EPIX  through XFINITY either using your X1 / Xfinity Flex Box, or Xfinity.com/stream ... u still gotta go through XFINITY 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_4f126e

I don't get it. It is supposed to be free week. But IE when I click on HBO Max to watch a TV series Young Sheldon. It is wanting me to sign up and nothing is free.

Thank you for posting your question, as mentioned by our Expert @Again and @user_634533, you will only be able to access free HBO Max content through your X1, Flex, or Xfinity Stream Website/App. Please let us know if you have any other questions or continue to have any further issues watching HBO Max content during Free TV Week. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

It is not free it's asking to pay

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity forums! I'm sorry to hear you aren't able to access a show you'd like to enjoy during our free TV week. Can you please tell me how you are trying to view the show (X1 box, Flex box or the Xfinity Stream app) as well as the channel and name of the show so I can better assist you?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

When on the 23rd does this start? When I tune to these channels on my DVR, it says I need a subscription to view them.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@PRT940 

"Starting Tuesday, November 23 through Monday, November 29, Xfinity customers will have access to a huge selection of premium content at no additional cost across X1, Flex, and Stream as part of Free TV Week."

Do any of those apply to you?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@PRT940 

Thank you for posting your Free TV Week question. As mentioned by our Expert @Again, Free TV Week begins today, November 23 through Monday, November 29. The easiest way to find Free TV Week content on your X1 or Flex is to say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote. 

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance. 

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have an X1. So we don’t really have access to the channels and can’t record anything? We have to stream from the selections shown via “Free TV Week” on the remote? Ugh. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@PRT940 Glad to hear you have our awesome X1 TV equipment. You can watch Xfinity Free TV Week programming for free on your X1 TV Boxes and Xfinity Stream (with your Xfinity ID and password).

Watch Xfinity Free TV Week November 23-29 across our Xfinity On Demand platforms. During this week, you can watch select channels and seasons of shows without having a subscription for the channel. Available content varies on X1, Flex and Stream.

*All Xfinity customers, including non-Xfinity TV customers (Xfinity Internet-only, Xfinity Home-only, etc.), can watch Xfinity Free TV Week programming for free with their Xfinity ID and password via Xfinity Stream. Note that not all the free content will be available to them.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

The free channels cannot be watched directly. You have to access content for the free channels on demand. For example, if you are trying to watch "Power Book II: Ghost," you have to access the episodes on demand, NOT by tuning in to the actual Starz channel.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I already have HBO/MAX. Paramount + and Peacock. "I tried to watch movies on PRIME and HULU, today on Nov. 23rd, and I must sign up for a 30-day free trial, not watch FREE programing. I clicked through the On Demand link to FREE Channels. Misleading. I do not want to be scammed with a FREE TRIAL.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Bluzbunny

Thank you for posting your Free TV Week question. When attempting to access Free TV Week content on Prime and Hulu are you navigating their via the Free TV Week banner/content or directly to the app on your X1 or Flex device? Please remember Free TV Week content can only be accessed via the Free TV Week banner or content. The apps themselves will still require a valid active login to go there and scroll through that content. The easiest way to access all available Free TV Week content is to say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote or by navigating to the Free TV Week section OnDemand. 

We hope this addresses your concerns. Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments related to Free TV Week. 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Why aren't the streaming services, like HBO Max and Amazon Prime, offering everything in their catalog for free for the week?  Also, there's no Lifetime Channel with free offerings "and More" as it says in the box proclaiming the free week! What a BIG letdown!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@johncrusso select the Xfinity button, click on "Free TV Week," scroll down to "Free TV Week Networks," and select the network you want to watch. Amazon Prime is limited to three series on their platform.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@johnc4 

Thank you for posting your question related to Free TV Week. We apologize for the confusion, only select content from Premium networks are available during Free TV Week. This means the entire catalog of content from HBO Max and Amazon Prime is not available during this event. Additionally, we do not have any Free TV Week content offered by Lifetime Channel during this event. The easiest way to find all available content for Free TV Week is to simply say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote or navigate to the Free TV Week content OnDemand. 

We hope this addresses your concerns. Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments related to Free TV Week. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So to clarify: After trying to watch free content on my Flex box, I don't actually have free access to HBO Max this week, I only have free access to a few shows from HBO Max that you've chosen. And the one and only show on that service that I'm interested in, Ghosts, is not listed among the options in your free section and so not watchable. Is that correct?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@sarawithanh

Thank you for posting your Free TV Week question. We apologize for the confusion, only select content from Premium networks is available during Free TV Week. This means that you will not have access to the complete library of HBO Max content during this event. During this week's event, the show Ghosts is not being offered by that content provider.

The easiest way to find all available Free TV Week content is to say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote or by searching the OnDemand area for our Free TV Week banner. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments related to Free TV Week. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This free week is a scam...set it on my calendar, was excited to watch King Richard from HBO Max.  Nope.  Only letting us watch HBO content loaded by Xfinity.  Can't watch "HBO Max" content through Xfinity.... Super misleading...and is any of the Amazon content working?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@HBICMU Amazon is limited to three series, "Bosch," "Hanna" and "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," and only the 1st season of each. Free content for HBO Max and Prime Video can be accessed through Xfinity Stream. If you have a Roku streaming device, the Xfinity Stream app is available through there. I'm not sure if Xfinity Stream is on Amazon's Firestick. On the X1 or Flex platforms, select the Xfinity button, click on "Free TV Week," scroll down to "Free TV Week Networks," and select the network you want to watch. Available free content can be viewed there.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@M_Hudson_Jr Nope. HBO Max is NOT free. If it truly is, tell us SPECIFICALLY how to watch the movie King Richard, starring Will Smith. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

It would be advisable to let your LOYAL SUBSCRIBERS know what happens when you decide to change programming due to your marketing strategies. Again thanks for nothing as we always continue to pay for service!

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@Bluzbunny, @johncrusso, @sarawithanh & @HBICMU 

Thank you for posting your questions and we apologize for the confusion. During Free TV Week 2021, only select content from premium networks is available. The easiest way to find available content is in the Free TV Week section of your X1 or Flex device or by simply saying "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote.

Again, we apologize for the confusion. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJessie

IF I SAY "FREE T.V. WEEK" IT DEFINITELY SHOWS THAT KING RICHARD SHOULD BE AVAILABLE. BUT IS NOT. NOPE. LIE. NOT WORKING WITHOUT PAYING. SO NOT FREE ... SOMEONE MIGHT WANT TO FIX THAT.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJessie 

King Richard shows under the Free TV section, however, it is only available if I pay.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

FREE TV WEEK; not really! Also trying to watch Kind Richard on HBO Max; spent over an hour yesterday trying to follow prompts, keeps sending me to a screen to order the service. Also called and spent over an hour on the phone and the technician couldn't help and the called ended before any resolution. I did figure out that you have to go on Xfinity on Demand and login to access some movies. Again; not the one I want, but better than nothing.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

User-daadb8, I’m having the same experience. Friends have been able to access King Richard, but I can’t, without buying the HBO Max subscription through Xfinity. I hope Xfinity will spell out ALL of the exact steps here, or correct whatever problem we are encountering.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

User_daadb8, exact same experience.  Wants me to sign in for the service.  Called customer support, who had no idea - waisted an hour.  Very misleading advertising :-(

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm trying to get hbomax for free TV week and it keeps telling me I have to sign in with a code what's that about

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Free TV week

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_ed0fc9 Free content is available for those on X1, Flex, or Streaming.  Do any of those apply to you?

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

3 years ago

All, reading the first post in a thread usually will give you all of the information you need to understand what you can and cannot watch under the Free Preview.

From @XfinityPeterH's post:

*All Xfinity customers, including non-Xfinity TV customers (Xfinity Internet-only, Xfinity Home-only, etc.), can watch Xfinity Free TV Week programming for free with their Xfinity ID and password via Xfinity Stream. Note that not all the free content will be available to them.

From @XfinityJessie's original post:

Here are just a few of the hit movies and shows available to enjoy as part of Free TV Week: HBO Max's Succession and Godzilla vs. Kong, STARZ's Power Book II: Ghost and Outlander, Peacock's Saved by the Bell, Prime Video's Season 1 of Hanna, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Bosch. 

This is only a preview; it doesn't give you access to all content.

And, here again, you need to be on X1, Flex, or Streaming in order to view this.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Again 

If you would read the posts you are responding to, you will see that several of us were unable to view ANYTHING without paying for HBO. The first post does not address our concerns, and neither do other posts.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Just to clarify, "King Richard" is specifically shown as a movie that we should be able to access during Free TV week. But when clicking on the icon for it, and after entering login info, etc., there seems to be no way to see it without paying for an HBO subscription.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@RP15 are you on X1, Flex or Streaming?

Contributor

• 

102 Messages

3 years ago

As usual Xfinity Free TV Week 2021 is not actually free. I just tried to watch Starz, it says I have to subscribe to watch the channel. Ironically, I use to have Starz as part of my existing package but Xfinity took it away and replaced it with 3 Epix channels! Those channels always seem to have the same movies on all 3 channels! They are also the worst movies too! I am an X1 customer and pay a lot for less channels. Please don't tell me to watch it on my computer, tablet or phone. I would like to watch what is supposed to be free on my TV and not to subscribe! Thanks.   

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@Laurie3101 You have to watch the Starz content on demand. The channels themselves are NEVER enabled during the free week (like the old days before cable boxes). If you say "Starz on demand" in your remote, you should be able to access the content.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, Laurie3101! Thanks for posting here on our Community forums. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. To confirm, are you accessing the channel or On-demand content? Have you tried saying "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote? Would you be able to confirm if any Starz content is listed when you do? 

Contributor

• 

102 Messages

@XfinityDilary

No, it does not work at all.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for confirming, fortunately, there are other ways to check your access without the voice command. You can try the following on your X1 box: 

• On Demand > TV > Free TV Week
  • On Demand > Networks > Free TV Week 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Laurie3101 

Thank you for posting your Free TV Week questions. We sincerely apologize for the issues you may be experiencing. During the Free TV Week event only select content from Premium networks are available. This means you will not be able to access the content via the Starz channels. The easiest way to find all the Free TV Week content is to say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote or navigate to the Free TV Week area of OnDemand as mentioned by @XfinityEva 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments related to Free TV Week. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I agree with everyone who's posted about this.  Not only can't you watch King Richard, but when you call customer support for information about free tv week (which I've done about 3 times so far) they have no idea what I'm talking about.  This is a worthless Free TV week if you can't watch anything that you really want to.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Unhappy had to purchase subscriptions on my fire stick, when free was advertised with my paid Xfinty service! 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_ab102c Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out. I am sorry to hear there is some frustration regarding free TV week. Are you using our stream app via the firestick when you are trying to access content? Also, may I ask what content you are trying to access?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_ab102c

We apologize for the confusion, Free TV Week content is only available via the Free TV Week section of OnDemand. Navigating to an individual app will result in the need to subscribe. The easiest way to access all available Free TV Week content is to say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote or navigate to the Free TV Week section of OnDemand. 

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments related to Free TV Week. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here