CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Tuesday, November 24th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Free TV Week 2020

free-tv-week-early-hero-1.jpg

From Tuesday, November 24 through Monday, November 30, Xfinity customers can watch free TV across Xfinity platforms including Flex, X1 and Stream.

You can enjoy over 4,500 TV series, movies and more, including some of the year’s most popular shows and classic favorites such as:

• Godfather of Harlem (EPIX)
  • His Dark Materials* (HBO)- Season one and episodes from season two airing now
  • The Undoing (HBO)
  • Lovecraft Country (HBO)
  • Game of Thrones* (HBO)
  • The Vow (HBO)
  • Saved by the Bell (Peacock)
  • Saturday Night Live (Peacock)
  • Yellowstone (Peacock)
  • Moonbase 8 (SHOWTIME)
  • Billions (SHOWTIME)
  • Dexter (SHOWTIME)
  • Shameless** (SHOWTIME)- catch up before the eleventh and final season airs in December
  • The Good Lord Bird** (SHOWTIME)
  • P-Valley (STARZ)
  • The Spanish Princess (STARZ)
  • Elf (STARZ)
  • Power Book II: Ghost (STARZ)
  • The Invisible Man* (HBO)

* Available 11/25 – 11/30

** Available 11/27-11/30

FAQs:

When I try to watch a specific Showtime show, it says I need to be a subscriber. I thought every episode from every season from every TV series was free for the week? 
Every series and movie from Showtime will be available to all customers only from Friday, November 27 through Monday, November 30. This is due to contractual obligations.  

I saw that a specific show is available for Free TV Week, but it isn't offered online. Why? 
Some Free TV Week content may only be available on a TV Box and may not be accessible online or on mobile devices with Xfinity Stream. 

I went to a specific channels website site or app to catch up on a show but I got an error message after signing in. Why? 
An Xfinity TV or Xfinity Flex subscription is required to watch the content located on the provider's site. However, Free TV Week programming is available on TV Boxes, Flex streaming TV Boxes and Xfinity Stream. 

Why can't I watch every episode or all past seasons of a specific show? 
Due to licensing agreements with the content owners, we may not have every season or episode available for viewing during Xfinity Free TV Week. 

I went to live stream a specific show and it wasn't available. Why? 
Most content available during Free TV Week is on demand only.

Will live TV and/or Xfinity On Demand streaming on Xfinity Stream count against my Xfinity Internet data usage plan? 
Yes. All Internet-based video streaming and download services, including Internet-delivered programming available through Xfinity Stream, is included in the calculation of monthly usage.

I don't have an Xfinity TV subscription but am an Xfinity Internet subscriber. Am I able to watch any content during Free TV Week? 
Yes. All you need is your Xfinity ID and password and access to Xfinity Stream. However, much of this content is only available during Free TV Week. An Xfinity TV subscription or Xfinity Flex subscription will be needed afterwards to continue enjoying a large portion of this content. 

I'm an Xfinity Internet-only subscriber. How do I find the content available to me during Free TV Week? 
Log onto the Xfinity Stream portal or download the app. Sign in with your Xfinity ID and password. The special collection of content for Free TV Week will be in the featured tiles upon logging in. 

Learn more about Xfinity Free TV Week here, and let us know if you have any further questions or feedback.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

Here's what I do:

Hit MENU. Go to OnDemand. Scroll over to Networks. Pick the premimum network.

Be aware that some shows and networks are only Fri-Mon, like Showtime.

There is also a giant "Free TV Week" banner that has links to popular shows on the various networks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I cannot see any of the channels for free tv week. They say I need to subscribe.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was having the same issue. I went into my settings and in the help section I did the system refresh and then did the restart and that seemed to do the trick. I hope that helps for you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I tried that and it didn’t work, I then called Comcast who wasn't able to fix this.
They escalated it, so hopefully I heard back from them and it gets resolved before the free trial is over!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thanks so much for the so called Free TV Week.  I have my TV, phone and internet with Xfinity/Comcast and all I can get are the first episodes of any show.  I tried the Undoing, Spanish Princess 2nd season, even the Game of Thrones and all I get is the first episode free and all others say I need to subscribe.  My niece has the same service and she can see it all free.  Just like everything else you do -- you take our money monthly and continue to DISAPPOINT!!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Lbart424 wrote: I cannot see any of the channels for free tv week. They say I need to subscribe.

Note this portion of the OP:

I went to live stream a specific show and it wasn't available. Why? 
Most content available during Free TV Week is On Demand only.

Also available on Flex boxes, the Stream web portal at https://www.xfinity.com/stream, as well as in the Stream and Stream Beta apps.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same problems requiring subscription, reset restart does nothing. I did see in FAQ that MOST of the free TV is ON DEMAND, not like in the past when you went and clicked on the channels. Wish they made that clear. A ticket was opened and I will ne be contacted, was instructed to try after 9:00 PM and ONLY when I asked about follow up contact. VERY DISSAPOINTED in my wasted time thus far.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem.  Did a chat with Infinity a few days ago and they acted as though they had never heard of "Free TV Week".  Don't hype this if it's not true.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

It has been MANY years when freeviews were done by tuning into the channel. They have been OnDemand-based for at least 8-9 years.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Free TV Week is not working on demand for me either.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same here, but so far nothing.  Free TV Week almost over.  I wonder if anyone really has it?  Maybe just tall talk?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Did not work for me, but thanks for posted that tip.  It's sad when we have to get all our help from other users because no other help is available.  Enjoy Free TV Week for all the rest of us who don't have it!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

You dont get the open channels. You have say free tv week on remote voice and it will give you the selected few movies they're going to let you watch.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

I have it. Just say "free tv week" into the remote. 

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

4 years ago

@whynotfree wrote:

Did not work for me, but thanks for posted that tip.  It's sad when we have to get all our help from other users because no other help is available.  Enjoy Free TV Week for all the rest of us who don't have it!

Why is it sad?  This is primarily a customer to customer Help & Support Forum.

Again_0-1606508953037.png

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here