H

Monday, June 24th, 2024 3:48 PM

Wrong Channels

I have been having problems getting local live tv channels. I have xfinity internet only,  and use hulu live tv. I only receive new york channels rather than philadelphia channels which are local to me. I contacted hulu several times and they insist it is an xfinity issue.  They show my zip code as philadelphia region, not new york. If I cant get this resolved I will probably be forced to go to another provider.

Official Employee

• 

492 Messages

3 months ago

Hello @hobieyak We would not be able to troubleshoot a third-party product. We can check your address to confirm its local market. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 
To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

6 Messages

@XfinityJoe​ at this time there has been no solution to this problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

hobieyak, did Hulu mention why they believed their broadcasts being for a different city is caused by us? If you watch Hulu Live over cellular data, does the right area's feeds show? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

I am having the same issue as above. Hulu says it is due to Xfinity. When I watch Hulu over cellular, which is TMoble, the channels are correct. When I watch on my TV using Xfinity, they are wrong. Should be Indianapolis but are Terre Haute. I have tried all the Hulu suggestions for correcting this and they say to contact Xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

510 Messages

Good afternoon @hobieyak. Have you tried watching Hulu Live on your phone while connected to your home Wi-Fi? If so, are you getting the correct channel line-up? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

If I use my phone connected to my home wifi I do get philadelphia channels. Only my phone. My tv is also connected to the same home wifi but it only receives new york channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @hobieyak, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Hulu App. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

You would need to reach out to Hulu for specific assistance as it is outside our demarcation. Comparing it to our Xfinity Stream App, the application would need location turned on in order to identify your area and provide the local channels for the area you are in. Perhaps Hulu has a setting for location or home network to determine what channels to provide. 

6 Messages

I have already contacted hulu, and they said it is xfinity not them. I spoke directly to xfinity and they said it's hulu. So bottom line is everyone is playing the blame game. It just does not make sense because I get correct channels on my cellphone connected to the same wifi. Only difference is I have tmobile as my carrier. I know I am not the only person with this issue. This has been ongoing for two years, and there will never be a fix

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @hobieyak, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the local channels, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here