U

Thursday, August 10th, 2023 10:05 PM

Closed

Why is FOX News blocked

I can get every station but that. Is this intentional? Permanent? Nothing is wrong with my cable or connections. Everything works fine, except FOX News, and I can't get a straight answer from the help tools and robo-chats from here. 

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

1 year ago

Did it get locked by accident? Try these procedures.

1. Press the Guide button on your remote control.
  2. Use the up arrow and down arrow buttons to scroll to the channel you wish to unlock.
  3. Press the left arrow button once to highlight the logo and channel number of the channel you wish to unlock. Press the OK button.
  4. Using the right arrow button, highlight Unlock. Press the OK button.
  5. A prompt will require you to enter the four-digit Locks PIN using the number pad on your remote control before you can continue.
  6. The channel is now unlocked.

Lock Channels with X1 Parental Controls - Xfinity Support

1 Message

all chanels but 820 fox news will not load what is going on

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there, @user_yx7ezg Thank you for taking the time to message us on this forum. Since it's been a few days since you posted, are you still having the same issue with your channels not loading?-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @user_e1a6c3. I see one of our visitors offered some steps. Did you get a chance to check those? Are you getting a subscription error or some other error message when you try to access the channel? 

1 Message

It says it is not supported by xfinity 

3 Messages

I can’t watch it either on the Stream App. But let me tell you, the other news stations work. Something’s up. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4th time in 2 months....Going to be canceling Xfinity 

Official Employee

• 

816 Messages

Hello @user_2484c5. To confirm, you are having issues with Fox News?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

I get a message that Says somethings gone wrong if you have made changes recently to your account, they may still be in progress. If not, try watching some other channel and come back later. Which I have done several times and I still cannot get Fox News to play. I can get Fox Business, but I cannot get the Fox News channel why

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

This is happening constantly. I have Fox in my lineup. I used to work for Xfinity and can verify it is in my lineup as I pay for one of the highest TV tiers if not the highest.

The streaming was working 10 minutes ago and then it says unauthorized. Usually it forces me to log out then back in.  Now its saying its not in my lineup and I need to upgrade.. but wait I can access it on the Xfinity Stream app.

This is all coming from a company who funds and sponsors the "DNC War Room" as of the 2016 election.

Stop the censorship.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team. Our programming agreement for this station has expired as of 9/8/23. As a result, this channel is currently unavailable through Xfinity and Comcast Business. For more information, visit xfinity.com/facts. We pay programmers to bring you the entertainment you love, and we have made a number of reasonable offers that Imagicomm Communications has not accepted. We’ve been able to successfully negotiate thousands of agreements with programmers without any disruption. We continue to negotiate with them in the hopes of coming to an agreement with fair terms and conditions that make sense for our customers. Please feel free to let us know if you have any follow-up questions or concerns we may answer for you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We will be canceling our Xfinity TV and going with someone who has fox.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_a31c35, Let us know if you would like us to assist you. Send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

I'll be cancelling too

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Greetings, @user_w3t04y! We are happy to help and do not want you to cancel your service! You can view your channel lineup at this link, https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup-bundles. FOX News is part of our channel lineups. Earlier this year we went through contract negotiations with a FOX subsidiary, but FOX News was not a part of that and has not been interrupted. When you change to the channel do you see a specific error message or code, or do you get a certain color screen? 

1 Message

10 months ago

Why can I access every channel on my Xfinity TV service except FOX NEWS?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello there @user_tonggu thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support Team and for letting us know about the issues you are having with Fox. Is this currently ongoing? If so have you attempted to reset the device it is happening on?

1 Message

I just called you guys and it says now I have to subscribe to that fox channel is this true?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there, @user_nnavcs thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your channel lineup! Here is a link to the channel lineups, https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup-bundles. Here is where you will be able to see what channel lineup you need to have for Fox News! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I have xfinity cable subscription. I have a cable box on my down stairs TV. I have a firestick on the bedroom TV. I can watch Fox News on my firestick. Every time I start fox news on my Firestick I have to logout of my service provider and log back in with a code from the TV. I can be watching live fox news. It will buffer and kick me out of live TV and I have to log out and then back in with service provider again. I have never had to do this before. This just started in the last couple of months.

(edited)

2 Messages

8 months ago

I’ve haven’t been able to see Fox since 1:00 this afternoon. I was looking forward to watching the debate tonight. Why is this happening??? 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Why does Comcast make viewing Fox News so difficult? It’s the only channel that Comcast has no answer to resolving the viewing issue. Is it politically motivated? Makes one wonder.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

7 months ago

Stop all the conspiracy theories. I watch Fox News all the time. I don't have any more issues with that channel than any other. I actually have more issues with TBS and my locals.

1 Message

It’s not a conspiracy.  It’s fact.  Streaming is not allowing me to watch Fox News.  My tv with a cable box does.  But not the one using streaming. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good evening @user_1930ay, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your issues with streaming Fox News. Are you experiencing any error codes or messages when trying to stream? Are you having this issue with any other channels as well?

1 Message

5 months ago

[Edited: "Political"].  I'm not able to get FOX NEWS in Hanover MD. Deems to be a REGULAR basis.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_rjmero - I apologize that you are experiencing issues with your Fox News channel. I would like to go through some troubleshooting steps to get this issue resolved for you. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

3 Messages

4 months ago

I have not been able to view Fox News (twice in the last few weeks).  It is probably useless writing this, as I see other questions similar to mine.  And don't tell me there is something wrong with my connections or that I don't pay my bill, which averages over $250 a month.  I have called several neighbors who I know get the Fox News channel and they are able to access it when mine goes out.  It is out for one full day - then miraculously it is on the next day.  But I can access CNN and MSNBC ALL THE TIME!  They never go amiss.  

I don't suppose politics enters into this - I know it shouldn't.  But then again, like one writer wrote:  Something's up.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @user_f162dp,

Thank you for reaching out on this post. I understand you've seen issues like this before, but it comes back soon after. I'm sure this has been frustrating. As of today, are you still seeing these same troubles? In your case, do you get any error messages or codes? 

3 Messages

Hello XfinityVianney - It is now April 30, 2024, and guess what - NO FOX NEWS - CHANNEL 820 again!  I called via the 800 number - talked to an automated "person."  I have been waiting for an actual "agent" since 3:15 pm - you guessed it - NO PHONE CALL.  And it is now 6:23 pm.  

Oh, by the way, after I posted my first message - amazingly the FOX channel came back on within a half hour!!  No such luck today.  But, you guessed it - MSNBC and CNN are always on - as is every other channel - just not FOX NEWS.  So, do I think that Xfinity is just having some difficulty at the present time?  And, I'm to "try" again later?  

And please don't send me any more badges if someone "likes" my post - REALLY!!

3 Messages

Well, here it is May 1, 2024.  I turned on my TV and lo and behold there was Fox News on - so just like before - I can't get it for a whole day.  The message was "Sorry, we're having trouble connecting."  The other advice I got was to unplug my TV for a short while (a minute) then plug it back in and see what happens - which I did just to honor their request.  Of course, this did no good.  So, I guess we will just see where this goes from here.  I guess I should feel lucky that they were able to "connect" me the next morning.  I mean, how lucky was I!

Official Employee

• 

759 Messages

@user_f162dp I am sorry to hear that you are also having issues with Fox News. Since you have already done a lot of self-troubleshooting, please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your name and address so we can dig into this further. Thank you. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

3 months ago

I also can get every channel except Fox News this happened today this has never had happened before what is going on I called tech they tried to reset my boxes did not work they said they have to forward to the expert team to figure out what's going on they will text me with the resolution I receive no text as of yet

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_56nsim! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Forums experts! We're definitely here to assist you! Aside from our agents sending signals to you equipment, what other troubleshooting steps have been taken? I just don't want to have you repeating any steps that you may have already taken. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here