mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I'm wondering if Comcast will retreat from this folly after the deluge of criticism finally brings them to their senses. People are not happy about this.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Read on another thread that the move was due to "low viewership" I don't believe for a second that viewership of TCM is low. We watch it all the time. One of the ONLY reasons we have cable tv is so that we can watch TCM.  What you have done,  is take a very popular channel and moved it to a dying tier called Sports. Everyone who has kept up with the news on the downward spiral of ESPN viewership and it's ilk knows this is the true reason you moved it. Trying to prop up a package that is dying a slow but sure death.  I'm sure it has never occurred to you to lower prices and keep them low to entice cord cutters back. But you will find that you cannot stem the tide of cord cutters. By making this kind of move you are ensuring that MORE people go. We now no longer have a reason to keep cable. We are NOT going to increase our package as it is already MORE than we can afford.  We are looking to cut our costs everywhere and if TCM is available to stream without a subscription through xfinity/comcast, we will cut the cord as soon as our sentence is up. Which I believe is in March. Sayonara baby!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I for one will let them know of my displeasure by cutting the cord. Truthfully one of the only reasons I kept it this long was TCM.  I do not allow Football in our home for my reasons so I will NOT be paying for that package which means TCM is gone. So no reason to continue with Comcast anymore. I will save a ton of money and stream my shows from other sources. Since TCM is a private company don't be surprised if it doesn't show up elsewhere in the near future. Truthfully we have been struggling to find quality shows worth paying $209 a month for. Absolutely ridiculous move and probably not their last. If enough of us cancel our service with them maybe they'll get the message. But I doubt it!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I’m getting ready to retire on a fixed income. I will do whatever it takes to reduce my bill. Will probably either switch providers or to internet only.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Been a customer since 2010 and going to terminate my contract and go with ATT. Shame !

Just agreed to my new contract in May 2019 and they broke contract and baited and switched me, which is illegal. I am reporting them !

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

After moving TCM, what next for Comcast - they move ABC to another package in order to support the "More Sports & Entertainment"?  I DON'T want the MORE SPORTS package.  I recently switched from AT&T because of service, but AT&T never broke the sprit of our agreement by switching chanels to a different package and then asking for ransome to get the chanel back.  And, oh by-the-way not telling us about it.  And to add insult to injury I just stopped-by the local Comcast store and had them print out the "new" chanel line-up.   Guess what, TCM was still in the old line-up.

What action should we take to get Comcast to think before they act and arbitarialy yank channels from packages we subscribed to and have paid for?  

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastAlly wrote:

Viewership of TCM is low, as over 90% of our customers watch less than two movies per month.

I would love to know how YOU know this? I don't believe it, but I still would like to know.  Is this the same logic you used when you removed weatherscan? Is this the two-way cable networking equipment I've been hearing about, enabling comcast to know, store, and sell (hello nielson ratings!) (hello class action -- Wainblat v. Comcast Cable!)  subscriber viewing habits???

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Furious at losing TCM.  I am looking up DIRECTV and DISH. This is a bait and switch,  deceitful move on Comcast part - Will not put up with it.  POORLY DONE COMCAST.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why bombard Comcast with questions about TMC, just rid them. They are an absolutely worthless cashcow who pray on the ignorant. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I find this very upsetting...I loved the fact I could watch timeless classic movies at any time & listen to the stories behind the movie making.

Very disappointing that comcast has turned into a nickel and dime operation...I will not pay a dime more for stations...

Will look into other services and consider the cable cutting.

@mbg71 wrote:

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

F Comcast. Time to leave

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I could not agree more with Comcast's insidious ways of squeezing more money from its subscribers. I am now a senior on a fixed income who has been with Comcast for 20 years. It is a constant fight to be able to afford their services. Cannot the FCC look into their business practices?

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

WHY? MONEY!!!!!! They must not be selling enough sports packages.  They ASSUME (remember what Felix said about THAT!!) we are so feeble minded and/or desperate that we will fork over
MORE MONEY.  

NOT ME! I'd rather fork my savings from cutting their cable TV into getting a UIsenet subscriptiona, dnd that's what I'm gonna do   Anyone interested in more info can email me fig4159 @ comcast

It's just a mattter of time before TCM decides to offer itself as a stand alone subscription anyway. 

#FREETCM

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am outraged that TCM has been removed from my package, and after speaking to a rep and reading forum messages I now know why.

My outrage isn't so much grounded in no longer being able to watch TCM "for free," it's about making a decision on a package two years ago and now having to pay an additional charge to enjoy the same service.

It's an arrogant move that shows no respect for customers. When can I expect to receive a discount for the portion of the agreed upon service I no longer have?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I hope one of Comcast’s customers is an attorney that watches TCM and starts a class action suit!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here