U

Friday, September 8th, 2023 3:09 AM

Closed

What happened to the Comet TV channel??

I watch Comet TV every day on channel 328.  The last day or so the programing guide just said to be announced and now It looks like it was replaced by CW.  

What happened, and why was there no notice?

Official Solution

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Paramount-Global owned channels dissociated with the CW effective September 1st. As a result, Comet now switches to CW programming at Primetime. 

https://www.yakimaherald.com/news/nation_and_world/entertainment/the-cw-is-changing-channels-for-seattle-viewers/article_44e26c7e-018b-5fdf-9f31-51cc5ac9a102.amp.html

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@purplepat48​ 

Paramount-Global owned channels dissociated with the CW effective September 1st. As a result, Comet now switches to CW programming at Primetime. 

https://www.yakimaherald.com/news/nation_and_world/entertainment/the-cw-is-changing-channels-for-seattle-viewers/article_44e26c7e-018b-5fdf-9f31-51cc5ac9a102.amp.html

Thank you for posting that!

Making link live

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

9 months ago

Thank you so much @user_c8b2f2 for contacting our Team over our Forums. We are sorry to hear about the issues with your TV service and we are here to help. To get started can you send us a private message with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

Please answer the question.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_d12afa we know it is important to keep up to date on network changes! Are you currently running into an issue with this channel no longer showing for you to view? At times, a channel station may be removed or changed to another channel number if the network decided to change what station they broadcast on. It is also possible that a channel may be removed due to contract changes and/or channels no longer being renewed to be aired on our network. However, there are always typically announcements made for changes in your service at least 1-2 months in advanced via my your monthly statement. The last 1-2 pages typically will have notices for any changes with your service, so it is always a good idea to keep an eye on the bill for those potential changes.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Denver Channel 257 is on the latest lineup and NOT on the current list of channels changing. The online auto chat agent is less than worthless. Yes, the cable box was restarted with no change. Has Channel 257 Comet TV been removed or is it a glitch?? It’s easy. Yes or no??

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same issue… all day it’s been a green screen. I called and was told to restart the box and I was like I know it’s not my box since my mom is having the same issue at her house. He still did the restart and nothing and I told him at least 6x it can’t be my service since my mom is having the same issue. So don’t know what’s going on.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you so much for the response and for filling us in. Allow us to take a look into this for you via private message. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

9 months ago

I live in seattle washington and I watch channel 328 Comet all the time. Now it says to be announced and it says CW where Comet used to be. I am so ticked off, I pay top dollar for my channels and channel 328 Comet is my all time favorite It is the SCI FI channel. I want it back or please tell me where is the COMET network now. WHat channel has it been moved to.

1 Message

9 months ago

I just noticed this also. I don't have cable, but my over the air channel changed from Comet to CW. 

1 Message

9 months ago

I'm having the same problem.  Channel 328 was Comet Tv. Now it says CW. The programming is sometimes Comet And sometimes CW. What's going on? 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

@user_fd182d​ CW is moving to KUNS on January 1st 2024

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

8 months ago

CW is moving to KUNS on January 1, 2024, and Comet will return 24 hours after January 1st

1 Message

7 months ago

Changes made to the Comet channel (#328 in WA) have done something to the audio.  It now sounds like the volume is "over-peaking" or going "off-scale" during regular dialogue, as well as with the background noises.  It's VERY annoying!  Can Comcast get it together and fix this?  

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @Kitsap253. We have your direct message and will continue to assist you privately. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

6 months ago

Watch Comet of Sinclair's free "Stirr" app. Bonus, it streams in HD and many over the air stations that carry Comet or the retransmission on cable providers such as Xfinity are not in HD. Plus, you don't need cable or any type of subscription to watch! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here