jrosie46's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, July 8th, 2021 4:54 PM

Closed

Was court tv dropped from xfinity lineup?

Here we go again with another unexpected lineup change.  I have been unable to access Court TV for a couple of days.  The tv guide list for ch 17 & 438 as Court TV/WHDT but it is not Court TV that is broadcasting.  It seems to be called The Florida Channel which is 24 hrs news & weather from all over Florida.  Who needs more news?  If you want weather, go to the Weather Ch.   I called Xfinity & the rep had no idea what I was talking about.  Kept saying that since tv guide for 17 & 438 indicate channels as listing Court TV, then it must be so.  But, I am going to assume that the rep is not answering a phone located in my area of Florida so there is no way she can check it out. There has been no announcement of this change whatsoever.  

Meanwhile, where is Court TV?  Did it get assigned to another channel?  Was Court TV dropped from the lineup?  Why?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

Court TV is a local sub-channel. Check with your local station to see if it was dropped from local OTA, or cancelled contract with Comcast. It might still be there if you can reach the station with an antenna.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

If you do buy an antenna (inside our outside), get a amplified antenna. That will improve the range.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for your reply.  I was told that Court TV is now only accessible with antenna.  Roku has Court TV app, so you can stream it.  But with streaming, you cannot use DVR to record to watch at a later time.  So, you either watch as it is being broadcast or you lose out. Court TV does not archive an entire program from previous broadcasts. That makes it impossible to pick up where you left off. Rep/Agent at Comcast denied any knowledge of why it isnt on cable.  The identity of ch 17 & 438 still indicates "Court TV".   I think it is an 'affiliate' of WPTV.  I called WPTV but voice mail was full & got hung up on.  

Is an indoor antenna any good at receiving signal?  Is it possible for me to use an indoor antenna & get OTA as well as cable? To record an OTA program, would I need to use a recorder like a VCR?  (Dont laugh. I still have one!) 

I am in a homeowners association. I pay for cable through my HOA dues. Those dues get taken out whether I watch cable or not.  So it isnt like I can 'cancel' that payment & watch OTA channels.  Even with streaming you have to pay the cable co. for internet access--which is less $ if you get a 'triple play'.  Then you have to pay all these different streaming services.  For the life of me, I do not understand how people think they're saving $ by cutting the cord.  But if comcast/xfinity keeps dropping channels I prefer to watch they may force me off their billing plan. So at the moment I feel like I am in a no-win situation.  gawd.  I think the madness in the world started with the cable company treatment of customers!

Any advice about antenna would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

@jrosie46 It depends on how far and the terrain. I can get stations local stations as far as 30 miles or so away with an indoor Antenna. I am in in a hilly area. Now that OTA are digital the range and pic is better. I just have it on one TV.

It also depends where the stations tower is. Here in Western Lancaster County Pa A station is located in near Lancaster City and the tower is in the next County in Eastern York County Pa and actually closer to me then their station.

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thank you for your reply.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@jrosie46 I have been looking and your on dish network it says court tv is now trutv and Info on it says plays Court drama and reality TV have seen NO court on it I have been looking for this for my mother and seems only way to get court tv is roku or youtube it.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Court TV has returned to the xfinity lineup.  Check channel 225.  also court tv mystery channel 223.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Me too,I’ve got the complete run around on this

WE WANT OUR COURT TV BACK!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_b2582e   Court tv now back on xfinity line up.  check channel 225.  also court tv mystery channel 223.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Xfinity Streaming is slow, klunky and annoying.  I want Court TV back on the regular Xfinity line up.  The sudden drop [Edited: "Language"] as does their Klunky, hee cuppie streaming and I have the fastest internet they offer.  Xfinity email interface also [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

In case any Court tv fans are struggling with the Court tv streaming app, Court tv back in the xfinity line up.  Here on the "treasure coast" (florida) it is on channel 225.  I hope this channel is available to all the court tv fans.  Also "Court TV mystery" channel is 223.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

In PA our channel 19 ( CW) no longer shows any court tv or other shows. It is a qvc type show exhibiting jewelry.  Did have news this a.m. but afternoon shows are no longer available. Irritating, right?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

In my area in Pennsylvania we no longer have Ch. 19 (CW) showing anything but a qvc like show that sells jewelry all day. No more last man standing, people's court, judge Mathis, judge Judy, etc. Even though Xfinity has yet to change guide to reflect this. :( 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My court channel is 843  Headline News. St. Paul Minnesota

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here