U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 22nd, 2022 9:47 PM

Closed

Viaplay subtitles

I recently subscribed to Viaplay on demand streaming on Xfinity. I enjoy the Nordic programs tremendously, but there are issues with subtitles on several programs. On Season 7 of Seaside Hotel, the subtitles are in Danish, not English. Episode two of Love Me (Älska Mig) displays the subtitles from episode 3, and Episode 5 also has mismatched subtitles. Episode 6 of Pernille (Pørni) has subtitles from a different program altogether. I hope that Xfinity and Viaplay can resolve these issues.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_e87d55, thank you for being a part of the Comcast family and for taking the time to reach out to us. Aside from this I hope your day is going well! Do not worry, I can assure you reached the right person, I will be happy to assist you through to a resolution with your service concerns. To get started, would you be so kind as to send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I have found the same issue and it is frustrating.   When I contract Xfinity, after being on hold for about an hour and I finally get an agent, I have been told to contact Viaplay.  I contact Viaplay through chat and they tell me to contact Xfinity.  Viaplay is ONLY available in the US through Xfinity.   In that sense, it seems like the two companies should get together to figure how to solve the problem.   

The program I like is "Thicker Than Water."  I watched the first two seasons on Masterpiece through Prime.  The third season is only available on Viaplay.   

I tried to subscribe to Viaplay directly, but I cannot figure out how to do it since I am in the US.  

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

@pam15 Can you please reach out privately as well so we can help you with this? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@XfinityKyla@pam15 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon  
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type " Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select " Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it
[Thanks to BruceW]

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityKyla​ Trust me - I have done MANY times.  

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 years ago

The concern is not "accessibility / disability" help related. Thread moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@EG​ Nope.  I've contacted that group and they can do nothing.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

In addition to the above, Hammarvik S1 E1 has the wrong subtitles (for another episode) and the sound cuts in and out. It's been months since I reached out about their for the first time. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

It's the same with Hammarvik S1 E1--subtitles are for an entirely different show. I reached out to both Xfinity and Viaplay months ago. Crickets. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_72b2d3,

We would be more than happy to look into the subtitle issues you may be experiencing. Have you attempted to stream the content on the Xfinity Stream application to see if you are encountering the same issues? Please let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@user_72b2d3​ I have been calling Viaplay and Comcast since January 2022 with absolutely no resolution. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ I fully believe that it is a content problem.  Wrong subtext file associated with the video file. I am not sure if it is Comcast's fault or Viaplay's fault, but as the final customer, I should not have to figure it out.   Comcast needs to get together with Viaplay and figure out where the issue lies and fix it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here