CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Monday, June 27th, 2022 2:40 PM

Closed

Summer of Free presented by Xfinity Rewards

Starting June 28th, Summer of Free presented by Xfinity Rewards, is your chance to enjoy tons of the best shows, movies, fitness programs and more, all for no extra cost.

Select programming from premium networks and subscription platforms are part of Summer of Free, including programming from EPIX, Showtime, History Vault and Gaia. Enjoy free shows and movies like Billy the Kid, The Addams Family 2, Cosmic Disclosure and The Chi. New options will become available each week, so tune in to discover what’s available and get started

The Summer of Free content is available directly through Xfinity Flex and X1. Select content is also available on Stream. Simply say “Free” into your Voice Remote to get started and start browsing tons of FREE shows and movies.

Summer of Free is available to residential Xfinity TV or Xfinity Flex and Internet customers from 6/28 to 8/29/22.  Restrictions apply.  Not available in all areas. Programming subject to change. Streaming content only available in the U.S. © 2022 Comcast.  All rights reserved.  All other copyrights and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

My Xfinity main page is showing that Hallmark Movies Now should be free this week for the Summer of Free Campaign. However, no movies on the Hallmark Movies Now app are showing as free. All say subscribe. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_b5dd78​ 

Hallmark content should now be available. Can you please retest and let us know if you continue to experience issues with viewing that programming?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Disney Channel trying to get Disney Channel

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_3841c2​ 

Thank you for posting your question about Summer of Free here in our Xfinity Forum. Starting tomorrow, the programming for Summer of Free is Showtime. Meaning, select Showtime content will be available for free during this week. You can catch Kids and Family programming including Disney Channel content during the week of 08/09/2022 - 08/15/2022. 

We hope this addresses your question. Please let us know if you have any other questions related to our Xfinity Summer of Free event. 

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@XfinityJessie​ This is so neat!  😀

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Again 

Thank you for sharing your sentiment. I will be sure to pass that along to our Programming Team. We certainly love knowing we can provide our customers with the programming they love for free. Enjoy your summer!!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Can you post which channels will be free and the date ranges for each channel please.

Example: Showtime July 25th - August 1st

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Summer of Free

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@shaye30,

Thank you for posting your Summer of Free question here in the Xfinity Forum. A full list of available free content during this event can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/summer-free-tv

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

My Xfinity main page is showing that AMC+ should be free as part of Summer of Free, but none of the programming is showing as free. It says to subscribe.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_aba665​ 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. The full AMC+ On Demand library is available for free during the Summer of Free event, it is available during the week of 08/16 - 08/22. To access that content simply say "Summer of Free" into your Xfinity Voice Remote. If you are not seeing any content available during that time we ask that you please reset your equipment by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds to 1 minute, plugging it back in, and testing again. Can you please complete the equipment reset and let us know if you continue to experience this issue?

Please note, that we experienced an issue this morning with AMC+ content not displaying as free as it should. This should now be completely resolved (an equipment reset may be needed for this to be updated on your device) and AMC+ content should now be available for you. Additionally, AMC+ content must be accessed via the "Summer of Free" banner to be free, navigating directly to the app may result in a "subscription required" message.

Thanks for getting this reported to us. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

The reset worked. Thank you!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Wonderful, @user_aba665! Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. :)

{edit: tagged user}

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

All summer you have advertised a free trial of amc+ from Aug 16 to Aug 22 . so why won't it let me watch???

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Amc+ trial

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_a912e6​ 

Thank you for posting your Summer of Free questions here in the Xfinity Forum. As mentioned to user @user_aba665, earlier this morning we experienced an issue where AMC+ content is was not displaying as free as it should. We have since resolved this for all customers and now the full AMC+ On Demand library should now be available for you by saying "Summer of Free" in you Xfinity Voice Remote. If needed, you may have to reset your equipment (directions above).

Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Good evening. I am also having issues with AMC+ not showing as free now in on demand. Earlier today I was able to watch shows, now they all are requesting to subscribe to watch. I called in to Xfinity without any help. I reset the system without any result. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same here. It worked fine yesterday. Today it asks for a subscription on the next episode of AMC+ series. Reset does not change anything. Customer service cannot not fix and says there is a "maintenance issue" with AMC. Why is this still a problem?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_ed12cd & @user_d69a73 

Thank you for sharing your Summer of Free feedback here in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Can you confirm if this is still an ongoing issue for you? 

We want to make sure we capture all customers who are still experiencing this issue today to ensure it gets escalated to the correct fix teams.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The Xfinity free site on my TV shows AMC+ being offered for free this week.  But all the shows I checked still show 'require subscription'.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Xf1n0w 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your Summer of Free question here. Earlier today we did experience an issue with AMC+ content not displaying as free correctly. We have since corrected this issue and it is now fixed for all customers. We have been recommending customer to do an equipment refresh to ensure the fix gets pushed to your equipment (directions provided above). Did the equipment refresh help to resolve this for you? Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with AMC+ programming. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

why can't I find amc+ on demand shows during summer of free - supposed to start today 8-16

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@remerson1​ 

Thank you for posting your Summer of Free questions here in our Xfinity Forum. We apologize you are having issues with AMC+ content during our Summer of Free event. As mentioned in previous replies, earlier today we experienced issues with that content not showing as free, we have since updated this and resolved this issue. We are asking customers to refresh their equipment (directions above) and retest by saying "Summer of Free" into their Xfinity Voice Remote.

Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue after that equipment refresh.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@remerson1​ I reset my equipment - I am old school dvr/set top based - not x-1 - and still can't access the amc on demand programming.  I have watched all of the other free previews with no issues including acorn (from 8/2-8/6/22) which I believe is owned by the same company - and have had no problem watching ANY of the free previews either this summer or any previous.  I see the amc+ shows on demand/premium channels/amc+/sundance now or IFC etc but they all show $ and "Free with subscription".  Can you please flick whatever switch is required to allow me to view the programming?  Thanks in advance.

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@remerson1​ 

From @XfinityJessie's original post:

"The Summer of Free content is available directly through Xfinity Flex and X1. Select content is also available on Stream. Simply say “Free” into your Voice Remote to get started and start browsing tons of FREE shows and movies."

You most likely won't see AMC+ unless you have X1.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@remerson1 

As mentioned by our Expert @Again mentioned, AMC+ On Demand content requires you to have Xfinity Flex or X1 to view it. Only those devices offer the option to access the AMC+ app as apps such as AMC+ (Disney+, Amazon Prime TV, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) are not available on our non-X1 equipment. If you would like to upgrade to X1, please let us know and we will happily make that change for you. 

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

I've been a customer for 20+ years, thru several mergers, subscribing to internet and phone and cable, spending well over $50,000 with Comcast.  It would be nice to not feel that Comcast can't be bothered with non X-1 customers.  As mentioned in my previous post/question., I have NEVER had any issue watching AMC+ free previews - nor any other free previews including all the ones this summer (xfinity's Summer of Free...for X-1 customers), most recently Acorn from 8/2/22 - 8/6/22, with absolutely no problems.  In regards to AMC+ in particular,  I have had no problem being a paid subscriber to AMC+ (in the past), and Acorn and can see the list of AMC+ (Sundance now, IFC. AMC Prem., etc.) that can be watched on Demand. 

I understand the stated requirement that it must be viewed via Flex or X1- but this has been the stated requirement for all previous free previews that I have watched.  Even though I'm not a flex or X-1 user and (don't plan on switching), I'm just asking why this time I can't watch the free programming.  Thank you in advance.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

2 years ago

AMC+ content is available and free on Xfinity Stream but not free On Demand.  Will AMC+ programing be accessible On Demand before the Summer of Free week ends next Monday, August 22?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Summer of Free: AMC+ unavailable On Demand

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Bulkington​ 

Thank you for posting your Summer of Free questions here in our Xfinity Forum. We apologize you are having issues with AMC+ content during our Summer of Free event. As mentioned in previous replies, yesterday we experienced issues with that content not showing as free, we have since made updates to resolve this issue. We are asking customers to refresh their equipment (directions above) and retest by saying "Summer of Free" into their Xfinity Voice Remote.

Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue after that equipment refresh.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

2 years ago

Unlike previous Epix, Showtime and Acorn TV "Summer of Free" weeks, AMC+ content is not currently accessible via On Demand through my non-X1, SD set top box.  

Will AMC+ programming be available before the Summer of Free week ends Monday, August 22?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Summer of Free: AMC+ unavailable On Demand

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Bulkington​ 

Thank you again for our Summer of Free question. AMC+ is considered a premium channel app, to use these apps, you’ll need:

• A compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150s, XG1v1s and some other TV Boxes may not be supported) as part of your Xfinity TV service, or a compatible Flex streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service (Flex Xi5s may not be supported).
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  • A subscription to the app you wish to use (waived during the AMC+ week of the Summer of Free event)

For more information about apps available via Xfinity television boxes, please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-flex-paid-movies-apps & https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-movies-apps

We are happy to pass along your feedback to our programming team for possible improvements for future events. Please let us know if you have any other Summer of Free event questions here. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I was able to just watch 2 episodes of a show on AMC+ but when I went to watch the 3rd episode it's now it's telling me any further episodes or any other shows now can only be watched if I subscribe.  It is supposed to be free through the 22nd and it's only the 17th.  Are you still having problems with the content not showing as free?

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

@user_e33cf4​ I am having the same problem so it's not just you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue here. Watched two episodes yesterday went to continue watching today and nothing's free. I reset the equipment as they suggested in previous posts and still the same issue.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_b46fc5​ I did a reset before I posted and it didn't work.  I also tried it on my laptop with the same issue. I was watching episodes back to back so it went from free to not within minutes.  From all the other posts it seems to be a problem on Xfinity's end.  If this continues to be a problem they should extend our free week an additional day or 2.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_e33cf4, @borisjohnson, & @user_b46fc5 

Thank you for sharing your Summer of Free feedback here in the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Can you confirm if this is still an ongoing issue for you? 

We want to make sure we capture all customers who are still experiencing this issue today to ensure it gets escalated to the correct fix teams.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

It is working today and I am able to now watch AMC+.  Thank you!

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

I have been watching shows on my tv via summer of free AMC+ since yesterday and I finished 5 of 8 episodes in a series and now it’s telling me to subscribe.  I tried other series and it’s saying that on some but not others. Frustrating! And I did reset the box.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Summer of free amc+ says I have to subscribe after watching it since yesterday

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

There is always a catch to these free offers. The owners of these shows allow you to see a few and want you to sign up the see the others.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

No, I can’t even watch the episodes I already saw.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I can’t watch either after watching last night. What a rip off.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Same issue here. Watched a whole lot of free AMC+ series episodes yesterday  and part of today. Shut off TV for a few hours and now most series will only allow me to see the first episode free. Very frustrating--the episodes are listed under the FREE heading, yet if you click on any episode past episode one, it says you must subscribe. What happened to "Free"?

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Same thing happened here.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

August 17, 2023.  Summer of free for AMC+ is no longer working for the week of August 16 to 22, 2022.  Started watching Discovery of Witches and no longer can watch them.  

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_d22678​ 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here. Watched 2 episodes then no longer free? Tried reset and refresh! No luck. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@blonde_babe​ 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Watched fine yesterday. Nothing today. Saw here to reset which I did and still nothing. Called and Xfinity lady stated not their problem I need to call AMC+ directly which she gave me their number.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_af0985​ 

[Edited: "Inflammatory"] Isn't the free week presented by xfinity. If you find anything useful from amc please post.

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_af0985 & @user_927a76 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Was binge watching halt and catch fire since it was free this week. Paused the show ro use the bathroom, come back and no longer working. Says it free but not under watch options. Have dine the reset and nothing. Whatever needed fixing earlier needs fixing again.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_927a76​ 

As mentioned in my reply to you above, we are looking to capture customers still experiencing this issue. Can you please confirm if you are still unable to view free AMC+ content? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here