tbill1's profile

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

Thursday, June 1st, 2023 11:57 AM

Closed

sound dropouts on NBC Chicago

Channel 188 random short sound drops randomly for at least a week..anyone else notice this?

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

1 year ago

@tbill1 Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can understand the frustration this has caused. Is the issue happening while streaming or using a cable box? 

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

@XfinityTimothyA​ Cable box..both live and DVR recordings-multiple boxes-only channel doing this-

forced to watch the same shows on demand and there are no sound issues.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for clarifying, @tbill1! It may be an issue on the broadcasting side, but just in case there's something we can do to help, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

@XfinitySara​ There is no need to troubleshoot, as logically, all signs point to this coming from the head end.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@tbill1

Part of the troubleshooting, is that they system reports it as an issue. The more tickets for the same issue means there is a big problem that needs resolution. It's this reporting that helps lead us to that resolution. If you would like us to troubleshoot this with us, please send us a direct message with your full name and address (please make sure you are first signed into the forums). To send a direct message, click on the "chat" icon in the upper right (left of the bell), then click on the "notepad/pencil" icon, and lastly select Xfinity Support. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We are having the same problem on channel 188 in the Chicago area. It is now June 6 and this is been going on for at least a week. We live in the Lake County.

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

@user_6f9639​ Thank you...I now know it is not my equipment or signal.  I also live in Lake County.

For me, it has been about 2 weeks.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there!  Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know that you are having an issue with your service.  We would be glad to take a closer look at this for you.  Is the issue still present?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I am having the same issue with NBC…I live in Will County

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having same problem  Blue Island il

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am having the same issue and have for a few weeks now. Cook County - Lakeview area of Chicago. Only channel 188

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I spend time at two houses. One is in Lake Co. other Crook Co. (Ops Cook) Both houses are experiencing sound issues on ch.188. Audio randomly cuts out for a few seconds. Past two weeks.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Sound sporadically dropping out on NBC Chicago since Monday, Oct 2, 2023.  So annoying.  Can Xfinity check into this please.

2 Messages

Me too - so annoying. Not sure why it persists.

4 Messages

Started having the same issue today October 5th, [Edited: Personal Information]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same here, the only channel with sound drops on both DVR recording and live TV.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_f247f9 Are you still having the issue with the channels sound? I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What additional troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_qgv5lz! Have your tried troubleshooting this issue with our amazing Xfinity app?

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same here for about a week or so. Only on nbc

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_vdyear Thank you so much for letting us know you are running into this audio issue. Have you by chance checked out our audio issue Support page: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-audio-issues-with-xfinity-tv Let us know, so we can get you additional help if needed! 

1 Message

@user_vdyear​ same here

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here - St Charles/Kane County Illinois...annoying!

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem.  Has been going on for quite some time/

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

This is only happening on Channel 188 - NBC 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Still happening for me. Pretty bad tonight.

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem here in Mount prospect.. was happening earlier in the summer, went away for a while been very bad today. System refresh does nothing. Clearly this is a headend issue at xfinity.

2 Messages

Really bad today downtown

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_ryvbeo we do apprecaite you letting us know that you are having issues with this channel. Have you done any troubleshooting online or via the app to help clear up any audio issues are you seeing? Are any other channels part of your plan having similar issues?

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem in Arlington Heights too.  188 only.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

This is not the experience we want for you, @user_zflmxc! It might be an issue isolated to that broadcast. Have you tried any of the steps listed here to troubleshoot Xfinity TV audio issues?

2 Messages

This problem is on all NBC live events, news, stock market, interviews,  sports, ect. I hope this helps you at Xfinity.  Your setup fix isn't fixing it as commercials are fine. I also tried advising NBC but only as app help.

1 Message

1 year ago

We have been having the same issue for the past few weeks.  Only on channel 5.  Audio cuts out every few minutes or so.  Very annoying 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_t0ppvp. Thanks for commenting to let us know you are experiencing a similar issue. Did you try any of the steps listed above? Xfinity TV Audio Issue Troubleshooting. Did that help by any chance? 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Been having problem for a good week now. Sporadic sound out only on NBC (Comcast owned - hmmm). 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_iqpyt6 A week is too long to have issues with your sound. Thanks for letting us know its only one channel. Have you tried any of the steps in this link? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-audio-issues-with-xfinity-tv 

Is this happening on one box or multiple. Does the same issue happen if you watch using the Xfinity Stream app?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityKei​ the issue is REALLY bad tonight with audio dropping on NBC only.  Big Notre Dame football game, house full of people and it’s really frustrating!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Same issue here. Watching Game. Sound is dropping out.  Very annoying

2 Messages

same issue on 188 sound in and out and now picture is frozen

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Same issue in Algonquin...just NBC...been dropping sound periodically for last week including tonight.  Now lost video too....

4 Messages

1 year ago

When is this issue going to be fixed? Been going on for me for a week now and getting worse. Where the hell is Comcast/Xfinity in all this? Obviously many people dealing with the same problem. It can't be all of our set top boxes or connections!

1 Message

1 year ago

We are having the same issue,as well. It's been going on for about 4 days now. In Kankakee County.

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue in Huntley 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @user_tdvswy, sound issues are a quick way to annoy me, so I can only imagine what you've been going through. I'd like to make sure we understand the full scope of the issue and then work on a full fix. Are you only having this sound issue on one channel or multiple? Is this sound issue constant across the programming or only appearing at a specific time? 

1 Message

How stupid is Xfinity for what they charge for their service?  I live in Downers Grove and have the same problem. This thread is useless with the continued Xfinity bot saying to take troubleshooting action on the consumer part.  XFINITY IT IS YOUR PROBLEM ...FIX IT !!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I'm having the same problem in McHenry,  only on 188 nbc5. Very annoying. Have been noticing it for few weeks now.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’m having the same issue. It seems to be getting worse. It is driving us crazy!!  This only happens on Ch. 188  Channel 5 Chicago on Xfinity. I live in Cook County. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_d85796! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. Our partners at NBC reported this issue was resolved the day after you left this post. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues, and we will be more than happy to look into this for you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here