U

1 Message

Monday, October 16th, 2023 12:46 AM

Closed

Sound cutting out on nbc channel 188 for several days now

Sound keeps dropping out on nbc channel 188 only. X1, cable (not streaming). Chicago. Rebooted tv box and X1 but no changes, still happening. See lots of complaints but no solutions.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Same sound problem going off and on all weekend. What is being done?

More good news, just realized INSP that was in my plan is moved to a subscription package! Follows TCM, Starz etc.

What no price adjustment? These contracts are criminal! 

(edited)

3 Messages

Same issue, happened yesterday during the UND vs. USC Football game  10/14 now tonight during the NYG vs. Buffalo NFL Sunday Night Football 10/15….very annoying…we have Comcast/Xfinity…sound only cuts out on live feeds , not on commercials! Only on NBC, of course they are owned by COMCAST! 

1 Message

Same problem here! Very upsetting.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_y43g0f We definitely understand the frustration. It looks like this was a known issue that has been resolved. Can you confirm if the issue was resolved for you?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Cutting out is happening on channel 432. What is going on?  For the price I pay that should never be a issue and yes I reset everything and it still happens 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

No the issue is not resolved.  It appears to still be a problem on WFLA channel 432.  I haven't really noticed it on any other channels.  I did the reset your people did the reset and you answer for 1 channel having a problem is that it's either my box or my cables.  Really for 1 channel??  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue and tried restarting box 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Kbaac Are you still having an issue? Have you tried a full power cycle restart of the TV box?  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

11 months ago

This has been an issue all weekend, doesn’t do it during commercials only the live broadcast. 

3 Messages

That is exactly what I am experiencing

1 Message

Us too!! What to do??!!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_lqmxp9, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with the channel. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting. Have you tried rebooting the box to see if that helps?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_lqmxp9 Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about the audio issues you are experiencing with NBC. I understand how frustrating this is, especially if its during a good game. Are you still experiencing the same audio issues? If so what kind of troubleshooting have you already done?-Richard

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@user_ubtsm0, thank you for letting us know about your experience with this particular issue. Is it still currently ongoing?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Same here - it's annoying. What can be done? 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @user_4bbfe3, thanks for reaching out to our forum for help with your sound issues. When the sounds are cutting out it's never a great experience, so let's get this figured out together. If you're still having issues, are you only experiencing them on channel 188? Is there an SD/HD channel you check as well? Also, do you have any 3rd party devices connected between your cable box and TV? 

1 Message

11 months ago

Same issue. Still no solution??

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

11 months ago

Still happening during tonight’s game 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are sorry to hear you experienced sound issues during the game @user_g8k64k. Are the sound issues still occuring?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Unsure how to complain, but it’s annoying. (Edited: Profanity)

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_8d9914 If you are still currently running into the audio issue please let us know, and we would be more than happy to help! 

3 Messages

11 months ago

So annoying, the sound going off and on! XFinity sure does have a lot of problems. May have to check my other options.

3 Messages

11 months ago

Sound cutting out on NBC is sooo annoying! You would think with modern technology, this would not be going on for so long. Seems like it is only with XFinity customers.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same problem here. We better get a credit. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_ar7ncc those audio issues sure sound frustrating. We have some great resources though that can help. Have you gone through these yet?  When the Audio de-sync happens, are you seeing corresponding pixelation also?  

Audio Issues TV Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting using the Xfinity App

1 Message

11 months ago

Are we suppossed to get an answer here? Driving me crazy

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same here, only notice during sports.  ND game last night and SNF today

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I should also say, if I stream to an ipad or phone in the same house, no issue,  But all the TV's with boxes have the sound dropping issue

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_2420c6 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still seeing an issue with the channel? 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same- it happens on streaming and live cable, all day long :( 

1 Message

11 months ago

I am having the same issue on channel 188. It’s really annoying considering the cost of the service. 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Happens all day long on MNC, for weeks now- streaming and cable..

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here