U

2 Messages

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 8:26 PM

Regular channels are requiring a subscription

My stations are all stating that a subscription is required and I need to update my plan.  Checked current plans and what I have is sufficient. Why is this happening? Automated system cannot understand problem. No phone number available to call. were more than 1000 folks before me by waiting to chat with an agent. Customer service please.

1 Message

3 days ago

Same problem in Sacramento. worked this morning but when I turned it on at noon it started to give me the need to subscribe comment

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

user_n3figv thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out. Let's address your channel concerns to get you back enjoying the programs you love most. What device are you using to access your video content?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 days ago

Same here right now in Massachusetts

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_nsyfk8, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Video services.

We’ve identified the issue affecting some customers’ Xfinity TV services and are working as quickly as possible to restore service. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 days ago

Same problem in Salt Lake City. [Edited: "Language"] Comcast? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 days ago

Same exact issue here (Connecticut, 10/3/2024), began this morning, ALL channels are gone. Can't access them in any way, using the stream app says it requires a subscription, which obviously we have. Something huge must have been messed up there...I tried the chat as well and there were 2000 people in line. I can imagine actually trying to wait for that to go down....right as you get low it would probably take forever as less and less people quit the line.
Anyway the least they could do is send us all a text that they messed something up and that they are working on it. There is a similar post here called No TV Channels....same issue, someone actually replied there saying its a known issue.

(edited)

1 Message

Same issue in Georgia.

1 Message

Same issue in Florida...[Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

user_ab38b4 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @user_r16q4y. Is this happening on multiple devices and what channels are you experiencing this issue with?

2 Messages

3 days ago

same in bay area since early this morning - they said that they would fix today and that other states are affected. . . 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 days ago

I managed to beat the “assist” bot into submission and get to a chat with a real person(I assume) I took a screenshot of the text message but while the file is only 220kb apparently Xfinity's image upload feature on this forum is broken so the upload just fails. *insert eye roll here*

to paraphrase the message: "This is a recurring issue we have escalated to our development team. Our team is working diligently to resolve the issue." Bunch of platitudes thanking me for my patience (like anyone has a choice) and etc., then a message that they will text and email when it's resolved. My box just did some sort of update but it didn't fix the issue.

Smells a lot like pushing out updates that broke stuff. Honestly! No one tests software before deployment anymore. When I was a sysadmin, I would’ve been fired for pushing updates out without proper testing. Anyway, hope this helps everyone.

You'd think for what Comcast/Xfinity/NBC charges for these services, they'd be less sloppy in development and updates. (and have functional features in their forum, since they try their hardest to NOT let you talk to a real human being... ever)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@cln823​ You have spoken how I feel to a T.  Especially, the part about them not letting us talk to a human.  I have not been able to talk to anyone about the update on my plan.  They went with what they thought I wanted - at least that is what I think.  Talk about frustration.  I have never encountered such troubles and zero customer service in my years (I am 78). 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

cln823 Hello! Are you still having trouble accessing channels? If you are, please let us know.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 days ago

Same problem here in Corvallis, Oregon. 

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

Mcnicolb Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

4 Messages

2 days ago

Same here in S. Florida,  40 minutes to get a human, 53  minutes with a rep, who finally guaranteed it would be fixed by "1 hour," it's now 1/2 more, nothing

1 Message

2 days ago

same here in sacramento, ca area...

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

user_xemdsz thank you for taking the time to reach out, I would be more than happy to look into your channel related concerns. Is this issue still ongoing for you?

4 Messages

2 days ago

They're losing customers by the millions, and yet they treat the ones who remain like [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

user_a249jp while we appreciate you using the Community Forums post to reach out, I will have to humbly disagree. We absolutely appreciate our ever-growing customer base and are happy to assist you with any and all concerns you are experiencing. 

2 Messages

2 days ago

Same in Chico since this morning, almost 3,000 in the chat.  Is Xfinity going comp bill since it's been since this morning?  If not fixed soon I'm canceling live TV!

2 Messages

2 days ago

I went to xfinity, settings, help then did restart (which did nothing) but then did system refresh and it was fixed.  But, it may be coincidental - maybe it is now fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey there user_53svdb, I appreciate you being proactive and trying some troubleshooting steps on your end. We have seen success with a system refresh, so that was a good move on your part. Are you still experiencing any issues? 

1 Message

2 days ago

Same here in Suburbs if Chicago. I can't do a system reset, says my main box is out and when I try each TV separately, I get an error....sigh 

2 Messages

2 days ago

Same issue here in suburbs of Chicago. All of my favorite channels that usually populate on the screen are gone. When I tried to pull them up, it says I must subscribe. What the hell is going on ? I spoke to an agent earlier and they said that it was going to be resolved in two hours. They called back to tell me it was resolved, but it is not. Cannot get ID channel, TLC, Travel Channel, AMC, etc…

2 Messages

2 days ago

exact same problem here in the suburbs outside Chicago. All of my channels that normally populate when I turn on the TV are missing. When I try to access them, it says I must subscribe or there is an issue in to go back. I spoke to an agent earlier today, and they said that there was one outage, but it would be resolved in two hours. They called back to check but clearly the problem is still happening. I cannot get AMC, the Travel Channel, ID channel, TLC, etc. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here